“Last minute stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Maroochydore
Goonellabah, New South Wales, Australia
“Last minute stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Like Mary and Joseph, the Trafalgar took us in late in the night when all other accommodation seemed booked out! The office was closed, but no problems. We certainly got better than a stable with hay - great room for two nights on the 13th floor. My wife wasn't pregnant, but my two kids appreciated the beds. Great pool, great views, handy to all amenities, but far enough away to relax. We'll come again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Mt Eliza, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our whole family loved Trafalgar Towers, and we especially enjoyed the service which was very personal by 'Grant and Brit' and 'Lillian, they were all very helpful and made us feel welcome. My husband and sons love fishing, and thats what they got; my daughter and i watched them pull them in, off our deluxe apartment.

Also had a go at kayaking, and the pool and spa were sensational. Loved the restaurant 'Lefties' even though its on the right LOL. Not long enough, will be back.

Well done, Grant and Britt

sunshine coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

After arriving home from Cambodia I found renovations on my house not ready and needed urgent accomadation. Well what a surprise right on my doorstep is this fabulous holiday complex with incredible views of the Maroochy River and Cotton Tree. It was school holidays and I spent my days watching families fishing from the marina jetty, or going out in their boats,swimming in the pool, playing games in the games room. Forget Mooloolaba which is pricey and not as family friendly. Nearby is the Sunshine Coasts biggest shopping plaza (walking distance), Friendly cafes and restaurants and fabulous parkland at Cotton Tree as well as surf beaches. Across the road is a convience store, bakery and take away. A good hotel with good pub meals is also within walking distance, along with another shopping complex with large chain supermarket. The apartment whilst a little dated is spotless and comfortable and if i were truly on a holiday would be good enough for me. Good appliances - enough for all my needs, especially as i wouldnt be dining out as much as most on vacation. Staff friendly and helpful. Quiet street adjoins so dont have the hooning issues that Mooloolaba and Caloundra often get. Spot of tennis - yes even a tennis court. Relaxing and pleasant and for me to see a family of black swans for which the Maroochy river is named was a special moment. I may just holiday here myself next time.Well done to the management and all involved in operating this fantastic complex.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have a great view but my was a C room and it was excellant.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

In the first week of June my family rented a 2 bedroom deluxe apartment at Trafalgar Towers. The newly refurbished apartment and the complexes facilities were great. We were able to bring our 4.5m fishing boat and tie up at Trafalgar's Marina. We were blessed with fine weather so had a great time fishing, catching crabs, relaxing and playing tennis. We looked out over the very attractive Maroochy river towards the mouth and in the near distance could even see the sailing boats and tankers going past. As there is a nature reserve on the other side of the river the view is tranquil and pristine. Close by are plenty of shops, supermarkets and dinning options. I can recommend a small BYO restaurant called Yabbies at Cotton Tree. With secure parking underneath the helpful staff went out of their way to find a spot for our trailer as well. If the complex was full we would have had to have found a spot outside on the road.

This is about the third time we have been to Trafalgar and have had a great time each year. I would highly recommend Trafalgar Towers.

Room Tip: I would recommend choosing a refurbished unit (deluxe) positioned in the centre of the complex which...
toowoomba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Trafalgar Towers is situated on the maroochy river and is a very tranquil setting for those who want to get away from it all. It also is next to great facilities such as takeaway restaurants and not far at all from Sunshine Plaza. It is very clean and the service is excellent and friendly.

We have been going here over the years, not often enough but I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

Vicki

Room Tip: We chose a two bedroom apartment overlooking the water. Just magic and great if you have freinds or...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for five nights in May. The apartment was very spacious and my husband enjoyed us having a bathroom each. Having a kitchen was a bonus for preparing breakfasts and snacks. Afternoons sitting on the balcony watching the tide come in and the pelicans swimming about were very relaxing.
The location is also excellent and a very nice stroll to shops and cafes. The pool and spa were lovely and clean and a perfect temperature. We didn't get a chance to use the kayaks but will make sure next time we are there to use them.
The staff were excellent and nothing was ever too much trouble.
Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We spent 10 days here on a very reasonable rate in May. The facilities are great and the location is perfect. We could walk to the local enormous shopping centre (7 minutes) with your pick of eateries or you could call a courtesy bus to one of the surf lifesaving clubs for lunch or dinner which was perfect for us as we didnt have a car
The hosts are lovely and there is a range of things to do there or you can go out and explore maroochy, it was all good. We stayed in 9d and it was perfect for us. We travelled as 3 adults and 1 child and they were able to accomodate us with an extra bed for the child and even though it was only a 2 bed they had a bed in the (since build) enclosed balcony so we all got our own space.
The apartment was clean and well maintained and the beds and pillows were really comfortable especially the main bed. The decor is dated but everything else was spot on, perfect for a family or couple on a budget but wanting a little bit of room, I have paid a lot more for a lot less
I only have one very minor complaint and that is there doesnt seem to be any exhaust in the bathrooms so if you are having a hot shower then you might need another one once you are finished as it got quite warm but having said that its Queensland and it was humid when we were there so I only ever had tepid showers anyway (victorian here :))
Oh and no wifi I dont think, didnt think to ask but it wasnt in the information we were given so we assumed there was none, which would have been nice

My son played to his heart content in the pool and on the pool table and had a ball.

If you are looking for space and comfort at a great price and dont need the high end uncomfortable furnishings then this is the place, we would all come back in a heartbeat

Room Tip: we were in a great room as we got the north sun all day with west (facing the river) and east (facin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Trafalgar Towers? Share your experiences!