“Delightful Room and views DISGRACEFUL SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars

Beach on Sixth
65 Sixth Avenue, Maroochydore, Queensland 4558 , Australia   |
Hotel deals
Melbourne, Australia
“Delightful Room and views DISGRACEFUL SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here at the beach on sixth in sept this year for two nights with two other friends.
the apartment itself was nice vey clean and accommodating with beautiful ocean views, BUT unfortunately the Manager was not so lovely.
our first night in the hotel was great no problems what so ever but on the last day of our stay we had the lady manager "Lyyne" phone up several times to stop throwing cigarette butts, bottle caps and glass of the balcony as it was going all through the courtyard...FUNNY THING we are not smokers, we were also not drinking out of bottles on the baloney but in red plastic cups so.... ACCUSING us of doing things we did not do. way to pin it on one room when there is so many others fair enough if we actually were.

around 6-7pm rung up to tell us to keep down said our music was a bit too loud so we turned it down even though it was through the laptop, i find it very hard to believe that a laptop caused so much outrageous noise but we did turn it down. 10 or 15 mins later was banging on our door yelling at us she will call the police if we dont have it off (THE LAPTOP WAS OFF)

next morning of checkout, she was off her rocket at us for **breaking the elevator late at night**excessive noise**damage to property from these bottles we were apparently throwing**.
she charged over $300 on the credit card before we went down to checkout for this breaking of the elevator so without consent or okay from us. then proceeded to yell and carry on. we told her the olny time being downstairs was to collect our pizza around 7pm if we broke this elevator than how was it working all night and when we came down? hmmm....

so a invoice came later on saying $310 was owing for cleaning the carpets, floors and all bed linen. we vacumed the room. put dishes away, made beds and put towels in bathroom. i fail to see how we need to be charged for all of this?? we are not the cleaning staff for your resort we paid to stay and ofcourse tidy the room with no rubbish left.

so people if you want to stay in a place were the staff are rude, you become the housekeepers, obscene fines and made to feel like dirt than this is the place for you!!! will never stay here again and have told alot of relatives and neighbours of your handy work. thanks Lynne your a gem haha

Room Tip: a tip for a good room? DONT STAY HERE
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
beachMaroochydore, Owner at Beach on Sixth, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Trip A,
I had you booked in from 2-4 November, so not sure where the September dates came from?
The only truth in this review is that yes I did charge you $310 for the mess that the apartment was left in. Pity owners couldn't paste photos on tripadvisor of the mess left by guests!
I have owned this business for 2 years now and in that time I have had just 1 undesirable guest, then all of a sudden I get 2 weekends in a row!!!
I did phone you (once only) on the Saturday evening after I was alerted by the building next door that someone was throwing cigarette butts off the balcony of the middle unit on level 9 (not hard to determine when there are only 3 apartments per floor) and I asked you nicely if you could ask your guests not to throw things off the balcony – I never mentioned bottle caps or glass. I got this call when I was out having dinner with friends, so was not even in the building – I simply phoned the guest line. I did not knock on your door it was the guests staying next door to you who are regular guests and come & saw me the next morning to let me know what had happened.
As for the elevator, I totally forgot about that in my previous correspondence with you, but I have the Otis service report plus the serviceman, plus the guests next door who saw your friends trying to pull it open, to verify what happened. However, not sure why you mentioned this, you were not charged for this! Luckily we have a maintenance agreement with this company or else the call out would have cost over $500.
Everything that I charged you for can be verified as per the receipts I sent you. I also have witnesses in the guests next door, the owner occupiers who live next door the other side, the building next door, the cleaners and staff, so I resent the downright lies being communicated in this review.
Here at Beach on Sixth, there is nothing we love more than to hear laughter and people having fun and enjoying themselves, but we draw the line at blatant disregard for other guests/tenants/owners and other people’s property.
Most tripadvisor readers are smart enough to see right through these types of reviews!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at Beach on Sixth for a couple of nights at the end of our Sunshine Coast holiday. The entire experience was just amazing. The warm and welcome greeting by the gorgeous Lynne and Nan was just the beginning of our great experience at Beach on Sixth. The room was just beautiful. Clean (like you have never seen clean before), beautiful decor, room to move and quiet... Having travelled Australia extensively and from our vairous overseas holidays we'd like to name Beach on Sixth our 'best stay... EVER!'

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
beachMaroochydore, Owner at Beach on Sixth, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Mr & Mrs Fitzy, thank you so mush for your fabulous review, we really appreciate you taking the time to do so. We really hope that you dream of moving to the Sunny Coast comes true in the new year - we would welcome you both with open arms! And, remember, when in doubt "ring Lynne"!!! Have a truly fab Xmas and a new year filled with love, luck, good health & happiness. Cheers, Lynne
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I went with a group of friends and the apartments were nice, good location.
But They charged us an extra $333 because we didn't wash the sheets and they charged us extra for everything they had to clean.
We left the apartment as good as we could. Washed the dishes, put them away,swept the floor, put all the towels in the bathroom. All the things a normal place expects. With no cleaning equipment (steamers, disinfectants, all the stuff cleansers have) they charged us for all they had to do.
Ummmm isn't that part of your job and why you have cleansers? Your guests dont prepare your rooms for your next guests.
They pretty much scammed us and made it look like we had to clean the room spotless for the next people when they hire it out.
They also charged us before telling us, so we checked out and they already took the money before telling us.
Not happy.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
beachMaroochydore, Owner at Beach on Sixth, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear 1234 Travels ,
I cannot understand why you felt you were scammed when in fact the charges made to you were not to clean sheets and clean the unit, it was to clean the vomit off the rugs, carpet, doona's, blankets and the courtyard below where someone lives! Trust me, when someone vomits from Level 4 to the ground floor - there is a hell of a mess!!! You have been given a copy of the dry cleaning receipt which clearly states what the charge was for.
This is the part of being a business owner & manager that I hate. People do the wrong thing and I get called a liar and then I have to defend myself against legitimate recovery of costs. Not fair really.
We take a lot of pride in our stunning apartments and it upsets me greatly to see people abuse the privilege of staying here and not having respect for other people’s property.
It is my responsibility as the manager to ensure the peaceful enjoyment of other guests and we simply will not tolerate this type of behaviour in our complex.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for a week on a business trip. Fantastic large two bedroom apartment across the road from the beach. Great kitchen and large balcony very clean. Lynn at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend to families wanting a holiday on the coast plenty of room in the apartment with everything you need.

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Lisa089,
Thank you so much for your kind review. We take great pride in the hospitality we provide our guests and of course we think our apartments are wonderful - clean, fresh and vibrant! Hopefully we will see you back for a holiday as well as business so you can enjoy everything our gorgeous coast has to offer. Cheers, Lynne
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

stayed for 2 days on business - fabulous place - absolutely spotless , studio room was large and airy with huge balcony facing the sea. beach a 1 minute walk away. large shower .washing machine and dryer provided as well.
full size fridge and kitchen had everything i needed.
airconditioning is provided in the studio but the cool breeze coming in from the balcony was even better.
the outdoor heated pool on the second level was again spotlessly clean ( perfect temperature) and on the 2 days i was here i had the pool to myself.
next to the pool there is also a large spa and a bbq area with shaded cover and chairs and tables.
lynne and nan were so friendly and helpful but not intrusive .
i have booked again for the next 3 trips.... cant imagine anywhere nicer to stay on the sunshine coast.
maroochydore beach is beautiful and the cafe opposite the surf club makes fabulous breakfasts.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Lynne for your wonderful review. We so enjoy having you stay with us not to mention your generosity in giving us a lift! I know you have been back since and looking forward to having you next week - a different apartment this time - so you will have tried all the different 2 bedroom & studio styles then! Regards Lynne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

BRILLIANT! We stayed for a short family getaway of only 2 nights but loved every minute! The rooms were beautifully furnished & spotlessly clean. The beds were very comfortable & the kitchen had everything we needed. Lynn was fantastic & answered any questions we had. Pool was a great temperature for a swim anytime. We will Definetly be back - next time we might try the penthouse! We can't wait!! Thanks again for an absolutely fantastic stay!

• Stayed October 2012
beachMaroochydore, Owner at Beach on Sixth, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Many Thanks for your wonderful review Kym, we look forward to having you back and you would looove the penthouse - it is amazing! Cheers, Lynne
Bundaberg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I booked online at last minute .com, and the I called to say I might not make the check in deadline to make other arangements, and "Nan" was very lovely and helpful on the phone.
When I arrived, check-in was easy, smooth no hassles. Nan and Lynne happily answered questions, offered local advice and even gave semi accurate weather predictions! (better than the news, anyway...)
I had 2 nights with my girl, and we loved it. The unit was modern, everything worked, the bed was comfortable. Everything was clean and well maintained. Parking was great too.
Location is brilliant as you would imagine, and I felt very welcome all the time.
Thanks Lynne and Nan!
See you next time :)

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom units are very large. Ours had one queen bed with an ensuite, and another room with 2 sing...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks heaps Dan for your fabulous review. Too funny about the weather predictions! You see we are always positive and most of the time we get it right - as you say - we just about know as much as the forecasters!!! We loved having you and your gorgeous girl & hope to see you both soon. Cheers, Lynne

Been to Beach on Sixth? Share your experiences!