“Buffet breakfast a winner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Pizza & Pasta, Family Fare
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Buffet breakfast a winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had an absolutely fantastic buffet breakfast at the Maroochy Surf Club. It's open until 10.30am (great for people who like a Sunday sleepin, like us!), and has a great assortment of fruits, cereals, toasts, eggs, bacon, pancake, juices and warm drinks. It's got a great view of the beach (obviously), and even though we only came in at 10am the food was still fresh. If there is a surf carnival on, like the day we ate here, parking will be almost impossible, so it might be a good idea to check their website for dates/details.

Visited November 2012

“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Oysters Kilpatrick for Entree-nice but little salty, my husband had Tbone steak cooked to perfection he loved it, i had their special chicken & prawn laksa nice flavour but very salty and not much noodles in it. It was disappointing. The location though is perfect.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maroochydore
“Worst meal ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

How they can charge restaurant prices while serving what is worse than hospital food is an indication of why people don't come to the sunshine coast anymore. Absolutely no care about what they serve. It was meant to be lamb shanks in red wine jus. It was 1 fatty lamb shank in a pile of mush. Tastless and inedible. I felt stupid for paying the bill. Felt very ripped off and embarassed (not to mention hungry!) The amount of locals who refuse to go to this club anymore are mounting. Surely the management has got to wake up one day! DONT EAT THE FOOD. In fact unless you are going in during the day to enjoy the view THERE IS NO REASON TO VISIT THIS POORLY RUN ESTABLISHMENT!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“really dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have had to think hard about this as i have never given a 1 star review. MY husband and i ate here on the 16ht November for lunch I had the grilled Barramundi and veg for around $24.oo.
the views were lovely and the staff friendly . when i got my meal I could not belive it the fish was hacked and cooked bandly like eating mush- it made me gag and even smelled disgusting.. the vegetables were like a frozen mush with no flavour - not even seasoning. I have to honestly say it is the worst meal I have ever paid for and i was so looking forward to it. My husband had the fishermans platter which was better than mine -. Unfortunaley I cannot reccommend this place so dissapointing. I do not understand how they think it is acceptable to serve this food to people.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Great food, lovely view - Surpised me !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We went here for dinner, it was actually lovely. The staff were helpful and friendly. The line up at times were long but seemed to get through in an ok time. The food was really good, I was very suprised at how lovely it was !! Presented well also !! Will go back next time we are there :)

Visited November 2012