“Heaven on earth!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maleny Botanic Gardens

Maleny Botanic Gardens
233 Maleny-Stanley River Road | corner Mountain View Road, Maleny, Queensland 4552, Australia
+61 400 091 731
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Maleny
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the 'Jewel' of Maleny: Maleny Botanic Gardens & Bird World: AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE. "The most exquisite gardens I've seen in my 41 years in the garden business. It will be the next wonder of the world!" Graham Ellis, The Garden Guru 2011. Set on over three hectares the manicured, magnificent Gardens are positioned high on the escarpment. They are privately owned and form a panorama of waterfalls, lakes, ponds and colourful plantings. Uniquely landscaped layers, idyllic rainforest surroundings and the spectacular Glasshouse Mountains backdrop create a truly unique garden. Our most recent addition is Bird World: join us on one of our daily guided walks and get up close and personal with a wide variety of colourful birds from around the world. Sit near the waterfall, watch, listen and photograph birds as they alight upon you - an awesome experience.Then visit our animal enclosure - a favourite with all ages. Enjoy chicken, ducks,turkeys, guinea & pea fowl and pat our miniature animals: Sparky the horse, Pippen the donkey, Ginger & Queenie the alpacas. Cuddle Bah Bah the sheep and snowflake the billy goat. There are lovely walks throughout the Gardens however you are welcome to just enjoy our fabulous Devonshire Tea any time during the day, in one of the gazebos overlooking the Gardens and mountains. Bring a picnic to enjoy in the gardens by one of the many lakes, lounge on your blanket and soak up the peace and serenity. You can even bring your dog on a lead! Our gazebos are ideal to hold your special celebration with friends or family - book for a High Tea catered especially for you. For group bookings phone or email us to arrange a date and time. A breathtaking location for your magical day: "You could not have a more beautiful venue for your wedding" is a comment we regularly receive. Explore the many tranquil and romantic settings for your ceremony and photography and choose one or a combination of components to suit your special day. The photo opportunities are endless. Let the sights and the sound of running water enchant you and your guests and provide you with an experience that you will cherish for life. Gardens open 7 Days: 9 am to 4.30 Pm, Aviary tours several times daily. Entry by Admission, take advantage of Family Day and Annual Passes. 233 Maleny-Stanley River Road corner Mountain View Road, Maleny
Perth, Australia
“Heaven on earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is the first time in my life I have actually had my breath taken away. I truly felt I had arrived in a very special place! MBG is the perfect location for a wedding with so many special spots and not only for the service, photo opportunities abound also.
At $11:00 per adult, this would have to be the cheapest thing to do in Queensland and the best value for money! We spent about 2-3 hours there but could easily have spent a full day and still wouldn't have had enough time to enjoy each little experience offered by the well thought out seating spots that allow you take in the tranquility, the views, the different garden creations.... The imagination can just run wild! We had scones and coffee in one of the gorgeous pergola's whilst enjoying the breeze.I don't remember what we paid for this afternoon tea but at the time we did comment how good they were and what good value in comparison to some. I would not recommend this place to people that don't appreciate nature, it wouldn't suit people that need electronic stimulation lol! However there are many spots for a picnic so I guess a shady place with a game boy wouldn't be so bad either! Plenty of space for younger ones to run and explore. I am so looking forward to seeing the garden grow and change, a true work of art. It is a privilege to be allowed to share this very special place. Frank is to be applauded for his generosity in sharing it with the public.

Visited January 2013

Morayfield
“A piece of heaven in progress”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Wow . I admire this man dream to create to ultimate garden. This is a very inspiring experience.
Money well spent

Brisbane, Australia
“Nice Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The gardens were nice and relaxing with excellent views of the glasshouse mountains. The admission prices were a bit pricey, however I can see how it could cost a fair bit to maintain the gardens.

Atherton, Queensland, Australia
“Stunning gardens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This place is fantastic! Looking at the view in these beautiful gardens, its stunning. This has to be the best thing to do if youre in Maleny!!!

Maleny, Australia
“One of the most wonderful gardens I have seen.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

A magical garden with magical views. The scope of what has already been done and what is planned is to be applauded. The beauty in some of the little nooks surrounded by lakes, waterfalls and gardens is at times overwhelming. A garden I will visit often especially as it expands and progresses. Well done.