“fantastic customer service !” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Motel   |   11 Wonga Street, Longreach, Queensland, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Longreach
Melbourne, Australia
“fantastic customer service !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

When i arrived at abajaz on my motorcycle i was in bad shape .I was cold shivering and had spent the night in a storm.An young employee of the motel phoned ahead to owners to preheat the room and to advise of my arrival.Rod then offered to dry all my clothing which was all drenched from riding to longreach in a storm.This customer service is unlike any other that i have received from any motels in all my years of travelling.Having worked in customer service for 20 years i can tell you this is what its all about! looking after your customers in a way they do not expect.apart from this they make agreat breakfast and the rooms are clean and comfortable and i have a great sleep.The owners are always willing to have a chat and give advice on the area and tourist activities which they can also arrange for you

great stuff!

Sebastian

Room Tip: all rooms are in good location
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly service on arrival and they were very happy to help with anything I needed. Room was very clean an air con was turned in before I checked in so I entered a nice cool room after my journey. Breakfast was delivered to my room and there was plenty of it. Really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed January 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I must have got the owners on a bad day or they don't like lesbians!

Two mid twenties females travelling from Sydney to Normanton with no problems, Longreach was a perfect pull up spot. After researching "pet friendly" accommodation in Longreach, my girlfriend and I decided to stay at Abajaz. I booked online stating we had a ute, with a built dog box where the puppies would sleep.
Upon check-in, I was questioned if the dogs will bark.. Well if you mean yap or howling no, but if someone walks towards their ute, they do bark. This happened once while we were there and the owner suggested we park the ute on the street (which is full of personal items and a motorbike), No Thanks! I paid for secure parking for a reason. I asked what he wanted me to do, muzzle my pups? He replied with " If that's what it takes". ( Did I mention another customer walked out of their room with a white lap dog).
After multiple times trying to get my point across, I gave up hope in explaining and decided to leave the motel. Whilst checking out, they were "concerned" as it was 7:30pm and I wouldn't find accommodation so they offered the end room where the car could be parked on the side of the building. If the dogs bark, I'm pretty sure people will still hear it!
We left and drove around the corner to Longreach Tourist Park and they were BY FAR more understanding with the term (Pet Friendly), helpful, cleaner, modern and the price is so much cheaper.

I would not hesitate in telling anyone to avoid this motel if you have a pet.. Unless its had its voice box removed or muzzled. Now that's Pet Friendly!!

What a let down.

• Stayed January 2013
Abajaz, Manager at Abajaz Motor Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thankyou for your review. Firstly, you were most certainly not discriminated against because of your sexual orientation, the issue was that we can not have dogs barking in the undercovered car parking area.

When you first checked in you were told this and also that the dogs must not be walking around in that area, not half an hour after you arrived you were sitting outside your room with the dogs freely roaming and dog food scattered about the ground, when one of the other guests approached they started barking.

We have 2 large Labradors ourselves so are very aware of how difficult it is to travel with pets and do everything we can to make other dog owners welcome however in our position here we have to also consider the comfort and peace of other guests. In the 4 years we've been here we have never had to ask another pet owner to remove their animals as they have all been considerate of other guests.

We only have 2 rooms that we allow pets in and unfortunately they were both occupied the night you were here, had you rung us to book instead of booking on the internet we would have been able to give you all the options before you chose to stay with us.

We did offer you another room where you could have parked the car with the dogs directly outside the door ( between the trees and the building, not on the street ) at the side of the motel. I realise you were concerned about the safely of your personal items even though we assured you they would be perfectly safe ( in the 4 years we've been here we've had countless guests park all manner of vehicles with trailers, boats, work gear etc and never a problem ) and then of course your dogs would have barked if anyone approached the ute.

We are sorry you felt the need to leave instead of taking us up on the offer of changing rooms but glad you found somewhere to stay as we were genuinely concerned about you.We note this was your 1st review on trip advisor and encourage you to continue to do so.
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were travelling from Mt Isa to Brisbane, we had no opinion when we first drove up, we were travelling with a 2 year old and were tired, but we were highly impressed from the first contact with Rodd, he told us that he had already turned the air conditioner on, we were very impressed with the room and shower and other amenities. We were only there one night so we were bunking down and preparing for the next day, washing and so forth. Small touches, like free washing powder - little I know but thoughtful. Unfortunately did not meet Liane, but Rodd was very friendly and welcoming and could not do enough for us, if we are ever out that way again we will definetly be staying at the Abajaz. I cannot speak highly enough of the thoughtfulness that Rodd and Liane show with all the little touches that helped us to unwind after a very stressful day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mt. Morgan Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It might not be the most modern motel but it is certainly the friendlest. Nothing was too much trouble for our hosts. I asked about different tours no trouble they were all booked for us, they drove us out to the Hall of Fame and to Qantas on different days. The rooms were clean and the shower was the best I have had in a motel for along time. The breakfast meals were great and very filling. What more do you need after a day touring than to come back to a clean cool room, with a comforable bed and a great shower. I will be staying here again when I come back to Longreach. Thanks Liane and Rodd for a great five days. Desiree and Melinda

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

I hunted a lot for a hotel that would accept us traveling with our two dogs Ruby and Poppy on our move to Alice Springs. Liane and Rodd were amazing, lovely hosts who welcomed us with fantastic hospitality and understanding on how hard it is to travel with pets. Not only could we stay with the girls but Liane and Rodd let them play with their labs Drake and Shadow and were kind enough to let us leave the girls in their yard whilst we had dinner. The rooms were exactly what I expected and very tidy and comfortable. I would highly recommend staying at the Abajaz and we will definitely stay again! Thanks Liane and Rodd! Kirstin, Dustin, Ruby and Poppy xo

• Stayed October 2012
Warrnambool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

AS soon as we drove up we wished we had not pre booked. It looked univiting and shabby. The room was clean and the bed comfortable but the style and decor were dated. It was priced alright maybe. There was a chair out side the room surrounded by dust and leaves which you can not use in the afternoon due to the oppressive heat under the tin awning. you maynot be able to park infront of your room either. We wont be back sorry.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Abajaz, Manager at Abajaz Motor Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank-you for your review, I unfortunately cannot agree with you that our motel looks "univiting and shabby", comments simply not true. Our motel is well over 30years old but has a country look and feel about it. I see on your profile you love the beach,amusement parks, casinos, and water skiing. Unfortunately we are situated in the heart of Central Queensland, a good 8 hour hard drive to for example the nearest casino so perhaps a little reseach on your part may have made your stay in tyhe outback a little more enjoyable. Your booking was for one night made on the internet, you truely need a solid 5 days to experience all we have in the central west.
You mention dust, well yes, we unfortunately have a little in the outback, as for heat......yes,ALOT of it. We have no tin awnings at the Abajaz.
There are many undercover car parks available at the motel, no undercover car is always allocated to the guest directly in front of their room, I think off memory your car spot was not directly in front of your room but one across as you mentioned.
We have 4 other motels in town and hope you come back and experience our lovely region, we unfortunately in your case wasn't the motel you looked and hoped for. I did try to call you on your mobile and sent a text, but to date remains unreplied to.

Been to Abajaz Motor Inn? Share your experiences!