“Just don't go” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Kuranda, Australia
“Just don't go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

A fellow Kuranda local and I went to this establishment on a Saturday morning recently and although we bought breakfast we were rudely refused a glass of tap water each. When I asked the lady serving us why it was not possible to get two glasses of water she became very defensive and argued that it was not polite to visit a cafe and then ask for free stuff. I was simply asking for a glass of water which, by law, they have to provide. Their food, particularly their pies, are very nice, but I won't ever go back there on principal because of their unbelievable attitude. Just don't go.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

State College, Pennsylvania
“Tasty kangaroo pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed the sausage roll and kangaroo pie. My wife had an omlette that was also good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Good food & coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great sausage rolls, and that lemon meringue - yum!!!

Visited July 2012
Melbourne
“AVOID THIS CAFE IF YOU ARE CONCERN ABOUT YOUR SAFETY-NEEDLE ON THE CHAIR”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Must admit that not only that I was shock but speechless when I got told off for alerting the restuarant that they was a needle on the cusion of their dinning chair. We were eating our lunch all of a sudden my little started to cried, I got up and was wondering what was wrong with him. He shown me his little finger and was bleeding at the time, I though to myself what happen and turn around and saw a needle on the cusion of the dinning chair. He was in so much pain I immediately took him to what I believe is the owner of the cafe and to my surprise I was told shssss..... I then said to the owner he crying because there was a needle on your dining chair and I was dumpfounded when he told me off and said to me that I should look after my kid. Now, mind you my kid did not even went for a walk since we sat down. As we know now, he was crying because he cut his finger and tear his skin from the needle that was stuck on the chair but
according to him I should be blame instead.

I honestly think the owner is heartless and failled the duty of care. To me this restaurant is appalling and one should think twice before you dine there.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Caught them on a good day?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012 via mobile

The pies were awesomely made and nicely priced . Didn't notice the service but seemed friendly enough

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere