“Activities Plus or Chill out, also a Haven for Wild Life - Take your pick” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Bay Ranch

Horseshoe Bay Ranch
38 Gifford Street | Horseshoe Bay, Magnetic Island, Queensland 4819 , Australia
617 4778 5109
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and join us for a two hour horse ride through bushland down to horseshoe bay beach. Enjoy riding your horse bareback into the cool clear waters of the coral sea. We have horses to suit both total beginners and the more experienced so make a booking with us today. We ride twice a day everyday at 9am and 3pm bookings are essential and weight restrictions apply to keep our horses happy and healthy
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Activities Plus or Chill out, also a Haven for Wild Life - Take your pick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We are a senior couple and do not ride but I have to say as the bus stopped for the Horses to cross the road from the Ranch it was a wonderful sight. One could only wish that we were young again to be able to ride a horse and enjoy all of the activities the island can provide. Well we put our wishes away and relied on the horsepower of the local buses to take us to Horseshoe Bay. Beautiful there isn't any other words for it. We had come over from Townsville on the local ferry and as it was a sunny day looking back towards the harbour and Castle Hill it was just magic. The buses are waiting for us at the wharf, so as my partner and I have trouble in walking far this was a pleasant surprise. Also another surprises is the halved fares not only on the boat but also on the buses. (Senior Rates) this is a pleasant surprise for the pocket.
As we travelled around the island the beaches are so picturesque they remind me of Waiheke Island Auck NZ. White sands and lots of people sunbathing, canoeing, snorkelling, Diving, anything that you can do in the water then Magnetic Island is the place to go. We only spent an afternoon there but will be going back for a lot longer next time . Although we can't do all of the activities it is such a peaceful place to just veg out at any age. Don't forget at the end of the beach is caffe del isola - iceream to died for! This is where you pick the bus up

Visited November 2012

Bolivia, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
“horse on beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

i wanted to do this in australia since i was a little girl growing up in usa. it was so fun and a great experience in far north queensland

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Great horses, great guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Really enjoyed our tour. Horses were well trained and looked after. My partner and I had little riding experience and our horses were well behaved. A bit frightening in the water with the horse - mine went too deep and I lost balance and then fell off, but it was fine. The two guides were really lovely and seemed to enjoy their job. Would recommend.

chicago
4 attraction reviews
“Don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Horseshoe Bay Ranch's ride to the beach and into the sea was a fantastic experience! The staff were kind and professional. Although I am a very inexperienced rider and actually had been fearful of riding, their thoughtful guidance gave me skills I'll carry with me to the next ride! Thanks for a great afternoon.

Visited October 2012
“Fantastic - Must do!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I'm an experienced horse-rider owning my own horse in chilly Melbourne, & had a 3 hour window to enjoy whilst at Magnetic Island for work.
Lucy & staff were great, & gave me a super horse called Kitaboy - he was great fun & made the ride an absolute pleasure.
I will be back someday soon!
Highly recommend for beginners - advanced who want well looked after reliable horses to pleasure ride and swim in the ocean.