“Thanks Toni and Col!You are great hosts!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arcadia Beach Guest House

Save Saved
You added Arcadia Beach Guest House to your Saves list
Arcadia Beach Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   27 Marine Pde, Magnetic Island, Queensland, Australia   |
townesville
“Thanks Toni and Col!You are great hosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hi, I'd like to share my experience of Arcadia Beach guest house. It's a wonderfully quirky,
beautifully restored old Magnetic Island property with great chillout areas. If you like a place with history and character,situated on a gorgeous bay within walking distance to food, shops and buses, with great rental cars etc available, this is your place. The prices are good and there is a great range of accom to suit all needs. The suites and rooms are retro and gorgeous, but the safari tents in the garden are really special. The stand out feature however are the managers. Toni and Col are so friendly and welcoming to people from all over the world that they make this place really special.They go out of their way to offer good island info, help with travel arrangements and give you a really warm relaxing holiday experience. Thanx!!

Room Tip: You will feel comfy no matter which room you chose.There are also great facilities eg two kitchens a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Thanks to Toni and Col for making my stay on Maggie very welcoming and comfortable. I will certainly be back. Arcadia is in a great location with walks located nearby and the beautiful Alma Beach around the corner.

Room Tip: I stayed in Safari tent which was clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over Easter 2013. Fro. Our collection at the ferry to our drop.off to the ferry our hosts were so welcoming and friendly. Staying in Arcadia to do Open Water Dive course up the road was too easy. Found a lot of Magnetic Island business to not. Be very accommodating, our hosts were the opposite. We had the Nelly Bay and Joyce bay rooms. All worked well.over the air conditoner remotes. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had such a good time here. I was going to come for one night, which then turned into three, which then turned into six. And nearly seven but I had to pull myself together! But I felt very comfortable in the dorm here. It attracted some really nice fellow guests and the kitchen was well-equipped and the vibe very laid back and sociable. Arcadia is, in my view, the best part of the island to stay on for access to everything. And if you're there on a Wednesday make sure you go toad racing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Kolding, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked the dorm room, ended up having it all by myself. But service is good and the staff is very friendly. Good beds and beutiful location. Very cheap compared to what you get. Would gladly recommend it to others !

• Stayed March 2013
Center Moriches, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I recently spent one night at the Acadia Beach Guest House. It took us a while to get into the vibe of this unique place, but we really enjoyed it. Initially we thought our room was rather strange, a queen sized bed raised up off the floor and nothing else in the room. Not one chair or table. The bathroom does not have a door. I left a box of cookies out on the shelf next to the kitchenette...... big mistake, the cookies were overrun by teeny little ants. But look, it's the tropics, there will be bugs.

Our continental breakfast was left for us in the refrigerator in the common area, and that's when we began to appreciate the Acadia Guest House. There is a wonderful huge common area. It has a big TV, a pool table, toys and games and ride-on vehicles for kids. Couches and chairs and a big, fully equipped kitchen. You are obviously not intended to spend all your time in your room, but to get out and use the facilities.

The Guest House is in a great location, lots of nice beaches nearby. I did notice that some of the pricey hotels on Magnetic Island have rooms overlooking parking lots and ferry landings, so be careful about that.

The management was very friendly and helpful. I had to re-schedule my ferry reservation and they took care of that for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Townsville, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My elderly Mother and I stayed in the fisherman's cottage over the Christmas period. The decor is well done with fishing net suspended from the ceiling, drift wood for curtain rods and towel racks but unfortunately we were really turned off when we went to get cutlery from the drawer and found the drawer riddled in cockroach poo and the odd cockroach leg. Further to our dismay was the shower recess as mould had been allowed to grow in the grouting. The beds were clean and comfortable but during the 1st night we had an unwelcome visitor which we assumed was a possum. The windows have fly screens with little doors which allow the opening and closing of windows. These windows in keeping with the rustic look are wooden flaps but unfortunately again these could not be locked and one window in particular had the bottom corner missing and this is where the possum came through. We avoided the situation the next night by taking the screen off and turning it up the other way with the little doors to the top. I informed the Manager the next day and he was very pleasant and thanked me for my feedback. We won't be staying here again unless we hear that the cleaning and security have improved. Julie A.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Arcadia Beach Guest House? Share your experiences!