“Best part of our trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa

You added Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa to your Saves list
Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Daintree Road | PMB 20, Daintree, Queensland 4873, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daintree
Loma Linda, California
“Best part of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed here one evening while visiting the Daintree Rainforest, and I genuinely wish we had stayed longer! Everything about the visit was excellent. The experience of staying in a rainforest was incredible, as I feel asleep hearing the birds calling and the wind going through the trees. (Luckily, the mosquito nets assure that bug bites will NOT be a part of the rainforest experience.) What prompted me to write this review was the staff. Everyone was courteous and extremely helpful. We ate dinner at the restaurant at night as well, and everything was top-notch. I did not utilize any of their spa services, so I won't comment on those here, but overall I have no bad things to say about this place and would recommend to anyone who wants a wonderful evening in the Daintree.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We treated ourselves to one night here because it is very pricey! But we were so glad we did it - we went for a spa bayan, which we would definitely recommend. The bayan is beautiful, with a canopied bed and Eco Lodge spa products in the bathroom, dressing gowns etc. The bedroom opens out onto the balcony, which includes a Jacuzzi. My tip would be to spend as much time as you possibly can in that Jacuzzi - it's the most relaxed I think I've ever been! It's incredibly romantic as you sit there until the sun goes down just watching/listening to nature and the sound of the nearby waterfall. At dusk you see bats etc and you can hear a whole new group of sounds. If you can possibly afford it, I'd suggest staying for at least 2 nights, because we found just 1 night wasn't enough to make the most of the other facilities at the Eco lodge. I can't recommend the place highly enough - really beautiful location, excellent food as well and the restaurant is located just next to a pond with lovely rainforest plants everywhere.

Room Tip: Choose the spa bayan room at the very top of the waterfall (I think it's no.12, but check) - we...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Normal price is quiet steep, but on special its fantastic value. We had 2 nights in our own Spa Cabin, tucked away in the Rainforest. Very private feeling in the actual cabins, they are not exposed to each other.
Breakfast included (which is amazing). Nice area,typical Daintree flair. Staff was helpful and friendly. The Restaurant food is AWESOME, try the crocodile! We ordered a Lunch Picnic Basket to take away with us. This thing was LOADED with great food, salmon, prawns, cheese,salami,crackers, fruit and so on, all FRESH! Very Delicious, and fair price, highly recommend it! Only letdown was the second night I could not order the crocodile because it was not on the Wednesday Menu - which is odd, but nothing they could do. So we had steak - which was mind blowing. Overall very happy, would do it again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairns Region, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We have stayed here twice and definately have intentions to stay again. If relaxation in a beautiful spot is what your looking for this is it!! The service and staff were great! The spa and it's fantastic treatments are superb. The lady that did our treatments (both times) makes you feel extremely at ease and comfortable. The natural products used at the spa are devine, there is even free use of some of these products in the rooms. The spa on the raised balconies are great!! All the rain forest units are very secluded you almost feel like your all on your own. From the room you can hear the beautifully calming sounds of the nearby waterfall. I have NEVER relaxed so much in my life! I love that there was no T.V to interrupt the natural sounds and beauty. This is a real couples destination. The restaurant was great, good service and the meals superb. They really didnt give us a reason to want to leave the location. We had a spa treatment then instead of going anywhere for lunch, the staff packed us a delightful picnic hamper, which we could have taken anywhere, but decided to sit on our balcony overlooking the rain forest and creek below. I can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from three nights at Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa.

The resort is small and tucked away off the main road into a section of the rainforest. You could be a million miles from anywhere.

We arrived early afternoon and enjoyed a light lunch in the restaurant before being shown to our room. We stayed in a Rainforest Bayan, which is better appointed and more secluded than a Lagoon Bayan (and well worth the extra money). The room was very nicely appointed, with amazing views into the rainforest and stream below, a spa bath on the balcony, and very comfy king bed. The balcony is screened so bugs are kept on the outside. A small criticism would be that the bathroom, whilst functional, was not up to the quality of the rest of the room and could have done with a refresh.

The restaurant is casual and the food exceptional. Our thanks to Sharon, who looked after us at dinner - friendly, attentive, utterly professional.

Staff were outstanding. Always helpful and friendly - Sara particularly, on the front desk, was great. Everyone made us feel very welcome. My wife also had a great massage at the spa.

This is a truly beautiful part of the world. Peaceful and relaxing. We visited at the end of the rainy season, and while it did rain from time-to-time, this did little to spoil our experience. We would love to come back.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money on a Rainforest Bayan.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Perhaps I'm a bit harsh in giving a 3-star for this accommodation, because the location is good, the food was even better, and the staff were mostly friendly and helpful. But the property itself seems to be in need of some facelift...I felt like I came there a few years too late. The reception area/lounge/TV room looked rather spartan. The small pool was not that inviting (more like a big bathtub). And the short walking track to a small waterfall needs some clearing up (the waterfall itself is beautiful, and you can get your spa treatment there). At the beginning of the track there's also a sign pointing to a "swimming hole" but when I asked the staff, it was not recommended to swim there. So please remove/change the sign.

But the most disappointing was my room, which was probably the least private room on the property as it was on the lower level instead of being propped up high for the "treehouse" experience I was looking for. Some aspects of the room were also ill-designed. The AC unit was right beside the bed, so when it's on it's blowing cold air right at you, which could make you sick. The shower only had a small soap holder, whereas they provided the toiletries in big squeeze bottles so you have to place them on the floor. A shelf would be better. The shower head was also old and could not generate strong water pressure. The fridge door in my room was moldy, and although a kettle was provided, there was no tea/coffee bags.

This is a relatively small property and it's great for a more intimate experience (compared to, for example, Silky Oaks Lodge in Mossman), as many reviewers have testified. But in its current state, I'd rather spend $100 more and stay at Silky Oaks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Fabulous location well and truly away from the rat race. The food at the restaurant is outstanding. Congratulations to the chef. Definitely 5 star food. Very reasonably priced and good sized portions. Beautifully presented too. The tree houses are wonderful. We arrived and opened our door to find tea candles already alight and gently welcoming us. It rained heavily all night and we found ourselves listening to the rain and the jungle birds etc. What an absolute treat. Staff are very helpful. Well priced. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!