“The 3hr spa treatment is worth the $$$$$” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa

You added Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa to your Saves list
Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Daintree Road | PMB 20, Daintree, Queensland 4873, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Daintree
SYDNEY
“The 3hr spa treatment is worth the $$$$$”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went back today for another 3hr spa treatment.
I had previously experienced it 4years ago and remember it as being soooo good which has made me hesitant to return as I didn't think it could be as good. BUT IT WAS.
Lisa was the therapist on today and she was really fantastic, a great touch right from the initial leg and foot massage right through the scrub and Vichy shower to massage and facial.
This is a whole body mind experience and as someone who does bodywork themselves I tend to be ultra critical, but I cannot find anything to criticize I can only recommend it.
At the end there was a huge fruit platter and fresh tea and water. There was also tea and water during the treatment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
EcoDaintree, Director of Sales at Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear The 3 hr spa treatment is worth the $$$$$!

I am so happy to hear that we were able to live up to your expectations on your second visit. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us this feedback as it is so valuable to us.

You are more than welcome back for a third spa treatment soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Port Douglas, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My Boyfriend and i decided to get away for the long weekend in September , we wanted to go somewhere that would make us relax as we both have trouble doing so in our busy lives .

Daintree Eco Lodge and Spa was perfect . The cabins were beautiful , they have no TVs , radios or even a clock which suited us perfectly ! It meant we were forced to relax which is exactly what we did ...and loved every minuet of it !!!

A trip to the spa was the first thing on my agenda ...i highly recommend the " spirit of man" treatment , the vichy shower was the most incredible thing i have ever experienced i did not what that to end ! A very special thank you to Lisa and Linda you have by far exceeded our high expectations when it come to spa treatments . Your healing hands are still very much appreciated :)

I would also like to make a special mention to Natalie . Her service in the bar and restaurant was outstanding , she looked after us with a smile and a friendly attitude right from the moment we checked in . Thank you Natalie .

If you need some time out and endless hours to relax in the most beautiful surroundings go no further than the Daintree Eco Lodge and Spa , you will feel like you are a million miles from anything . we will definitely be returning in the near future .

Mark and Lee-Emma

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear No excuse not to relax!!!

You have hit the nail on the head with your feedback. This is exactly what we want to offer to the guests that come stay with us. A relaxing time where you can pamper not only your body but also your spirit.
It is delightful to hear your very positive feedback and we make sure that all staff mentioned by name will get informed about the lovely feedback.
Look forward to welcoming you back to the rainforest soon!
Mareeba, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My sister and I would like to thank Kristy who was welcoming and helpful and she made our stay comfortable and couldn't do enough for us. The room was clean and peaceful and the place beautiful especially the dining area. The staff were great and even helped us by giving us food that we could eat as the menu was very exotic but not to our taste and they got us what we wanted without any fuss. The Crocodile Sunset Cruise with Bruce Belcher was excellent and would recommend this to anyone going to the Daintree and its just down the road from the Eco Lodge and Spa

Room Tip: There are stairs but manageable if you have a cabin overlooking the pond and reception it is lovely
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Overnight stay,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a feedback comment about us on tripadvisor. Your feedback and comments are so valuable to us and a way for us to constantly learn, improve and adapt.
Great top hear that you enjoyed your stay and our service! We strive to offer personalized service to each and everyone and I am glad to hear that we have been successful.
Look forward to having you back with us in the rainforest soon!
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here during the early stages of our honeymoon. Happy to escape the 40 degree temperatures of Italy, we were quite excited about staying in the rainforest & discovering all the Eco Lodge & its surroundings had to offer. It was awe-inspiring nature at its jaw-dropping best. You don't come here if you are a TV couch potato or iphone-aholic, it is100% nature, where you learn to appreciate the sounds of croaking frogs, night birds tweeting, watch eels & turtles swim by you in the large pond as you eat breakfast, lunch or dinner. Having travelled quite a bit to get there, the spa was the perfect solution for aching, weary jet-lagged bones & I have to say, they worked wonders on us, in all 3 treatments. On the otherhand, the restaurant was more disappointing- average & definitely overpriced- not even a Michelin star restaurant in the heart of Sydney's Darling Harbour was this expensive! I guess when you get used to living in a country where you can have top quality and quantity for very little, it's naturally a shock paying a heck of a lot more for food which is just 'ok'. The Daintree River Cruise is well worth doing, even if you might need to crane your neck at times & need binoculars to see the crocs lazing on the banks of the river. If you don't plan on hiring a car the day of your river trip, you can ask for a lift there from the Eco Lodge owner, but you will be charged 20 dollars for a return trip, which is just 5-10 minutes each way. We kinda felt considering the amount we were spending staying there, they could have thrown that one in as a freebie? Considering we were on honeymoon too. Added to our extras bill of around 1,200 dollars was The Aboriginal Tour which we were told was 40 dollars for 40 minutes. We thought this was ok until it came to paying the bill- it was 40 dollars EACH! Whilst it was informative, our guide spoke a bit too fast to take it all in & it lasted just 30 minutes. I was looking forward to going for a good long walk, up & down windy paths, getting to the heart of the rainforest & to come back an hour or two later feeling like we'd really been exploring, considering it was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity to do this. Instead, it was a stop-start 10 minute stroll from the reception. Maybe there are reasons it can't be much more than this & if so, that's fair enough but then don't charge so much for the (and it is what it is, I'm calling a spade a spade here) stroll. Then came the other stuff when we checked out- we were charged by the youngish lady who was on reception for our transport to and from Palm Cove. She insisted she was right to charge us, then we produced our voucher, during which it was made obvious, that it was part of our honeymoon package deal. The car hire for our half day trip to Cape Tribulation (a must do trip) was over 100 dollars for a little hyundai. Bit steep as we only used it for half a day. Also on the room bill receipt- its not at all clear what cost refers to which expense. The dinner bill should be broken down day by day (its not like we were there for weeks, only 3 days!), likewise with lunch, in a way which guests can check for any discrepancies with drinks or in general stuff that shouldn't be on it (particularly since we got charged already for something that was already paid for!). Thankfully our breakfast was included! People travel a long way to visit places like this, they should at least leave the place feeling it was money well spent. Even friends of ours in Sydney were shocked at the prices we paid here. Whilst I can't fault the place on its location & surroundings & I very much wish I could have rated it better, it did leave a bit of a bitter taste in our mouths after we checked out. Europeans' pockets are not full of gold these days & we are becoming more careful how & where we spend our money. I would strongly suggest reducing your prices to a more realistic rate or even for honeymooners, perhaps introduce little extras or discounts on spa treatments, as the other hotels in Australia did for us & other honeymooners we encountered. It's the little things in the end, that count.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Incredible place...but incredible prices too!

Thank you for taking the time to give us such contructive and informative feedback. As you so correctly describe in your feedback our lodge is actually in the rainforest and not a landscaped resort and with this also comes all the birds, animlas and other wilde life that lives in the rainforest. This is what sets us aside and makes us unique. That you are so close to the rainforest that you can feel it and experience it.
We take on board and discuss all feedback given to us by our guests and we constantly work on improving our service and our attitudes.
We hope that you had a wonderful honeymoon after you visit to the lodge and a pleasant flight back to Italy.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa, its said "never judge a book by its cover" well I should have just done that, when we arrived I was greeted by plenty of the most attentive blood thirsty mosquitos, the so called "luxurious villa" let me correct that with feral cabin was mouldy and came with a absolute foul odour, if you enjoy sleeping with numerous insects, spiders you name it! Than this is the place for you my friends, I mean they can't even make a bed correctly, and it was extremely hot and humid. And our aircon didn't even work? And their is no such thing as a tv here its just you and the native wild life hip hip hooray.......NOT this place needs a makeover seriously! On our first night we dined in the Julumyba Restaurant, more like a Bistro! On way down their my wife almost slipped on the incredibly slippery steps, covered by mould, do you have Maintenance at this so called resort? I guess not. The food in the Restaurant was incredibly overpriced with the smallest portions plated up, and served to the table nice and cold.....fantastic that is? My wife smelt a foul odour on the dining deck, she looked over at the pond below us and observed a whole barramundi floating, and clearly dead, just charming when your trying to enjoy your meal, seriously disgusting! Their is absolutely no reception at this "lodge" and no wifi what so ever, for more than $600 per night you expect to be satisfied, not disgusted I will never return here, Managment and owners need to learn how to successfully manage a resort. To satisfy the needs of the guest, as a Executive, in a large hotel chain I will definetly do my part to make this place know for all the wrong reasons!!

• Stayed October 2012
EcoDaintree, Owner at Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
“The details of this booking do not match our records. The comments certainly do not represent our operations. Considering that a number of the comments being totally unfounded and that this review has a malicious ring to it, we have currently reported it and it is under investigation by Trip Advisor and the Queensland police.”
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Best hotel experience ever. Leave balcony doors open at night and sleep literally in the rainforest. Take a private bath in your whirlpool or enjoy the excellent service from the spa team! The restaurant offers excellent dinners (far better than any other restaurant tested during our stay in Australia).
All in all a perfect stay!

Thanks again also to Lisa (spa manager) for the excellent fulfillment of our special wishes during our stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EcoDaintree, Director of Sales at Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear "Excellent stay, Exceptional Serice"

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for taking the time to give your comments here on Tripadvisor. Being a small, independant hotel, your feedback and comments about us to others is so important to us.
I also hope that you enjoyed your trip back to Germany and hope to see you back in the rainforest in the not too distant future.
Mit Freundlichen Grusse!
victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Truly a spiritual experience… from the moment we arrived, the staff at Daintree went out of their way to ensure our experience was welcoming and unforgettable.
Each member of staff was gentle, professional and warm. They couldn’t do enough for us.
The food was superb and I totally lost all perspective of time and space during the spa treatment. Simply magic!
The recreational activities are many and varied. We chose the guided walk to the waterfall. It is a ‘must do’. I learnt so much about indigenous culture and history.
Thankyou! A truly beautiful experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear "Truly a spiritual experience",

Thank you so much for the nice words and the splendid feedback. It warms all of our hearts when we hear this kind of feedback coming from our guests. This is the reason why we do this every day and keep doing it.
I hope that we will see you all back in the rainforest soon!

Been to Daintree Eco Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!