“Starry Starry nights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cape Trib Exotic Fruit Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cape Tribulation
Cape Trib Exotic Fruit Farm
You added Cape Trib Exotic Fruit Farm to your Saves list
Lot 5 Nicole Drive, Cape Tribulation, Queensland 4873, Australia   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Starry Starry nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Wonderful friendly hosts at this unique B & B. We stayed in one of only 2 private self contained bungalows in the rainforest just a healthy walk to Cape Trib beach. No street lights here - most properties are solar powered. It is truly an amazing night sky with stars never seen in urban lit areas. All the comforts are provided minus the TV and mobile phone reception. With a good book or a good pair of walkers you are in heaven. Breakfast of exotic fruits and eggs cooked to perfection and surrounded by lush tropical surroundings could not be compared to a night or two at the Hilton or similar. Be prepared for a 'real get away' experience of FNQ.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I'm going to be telling everyone I know how amazing this place is. The fruit farm is set in heritage-listed rainforest and the two cabins are nestled right within it. The rainforest symphony was intoxicating to me: often I found myself just watching and listening. Being without any 'screens' helped me sink into a relaxed state of mind. My husband and I were able to easily enjoy each others company in this beautiful setting.

Allison and Digby, along with their helpers and their dogs, were great hosts. Their approach allowed privacy as well as engagement when appropriate. They went out to dinner with one night which we enjoyed and we had a beer with them another night at their house. Digby even bought a second bike so we could go cycling. They went out of their way to help us enjoy our stay and we really appreciated their efforts and their attitude.

The breakfasts were outstanding. A two course breakfast is a fantastic way to begin the day: I'm missing them a lot now I'm back in Melbourne. Especially the exotic fruit, much of which was unknown to me before this trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I traveled alone for my 30th birthday and could have gone just about anywhere. I knew I wanted to go to Australia and I knew I wanted to see the Great Barrier Reef. Lucky for me my search led me to beautiful Cape Tribulation and the *best* accommodations possible. My favorite part was having no TV, computer or even a radio in my cabin. Just the sights, sounds and smells of the rainforest. Alison and Digby practically spoiled me when they found it was my birthday! They made my birthday vacation very special and I will always appreciate them for that. Amazing breakfasts, clean and cozy cabins, gracious hosts and delicious, exotic fruits. I couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We started our six night stay by joining in on the day's exotic fruit tasting. Divine! 10 different fruits that we had never tasted before. We were lulled to sleep each night with the sounds of the rainforest and awoke each morning ready for the delicious breakfast on the balcony. Lovely accommodation in an absolutely beautiful part of the world and only an enjoyable 10 minute short cut through the orchard to reach the centre of Cape Trib.

Digby and Alison, the owners, are inspirational people and the perfect hosts.

Would highly recommend the Cape Tribulation Exotic Fruit Farm B & B as a place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Our stay at Cape Trib Exotic Fruit farm was everything we had read about plus more! The accommodation is very private with spectacular rainforest views from every window. The cabins are beautifully presented and immaculate. To lie in bed at night and listen to the sounds of the rainforest is a magical experience. Digby and Alison are very warm hosts who are keen to share their extensive local knowledge. Sitting with Digby and Alison on their verandah at sunset and chatting over a glass of wine,(with little microbats flying around )on our first evening was a lovely introduction to our stay. We spent 3 nights here and felt very relaxed by the end of our stay. To begin each day with a delicious 2 course breakfast made and served by Digbywas a treat we eagerly looked forward to.(We didn't bother to eat lunch after this, just late afternoon snacks and early dinner)
We would thoroughly recommend every aspect of our stay at Cape Tribulation Exotic Fruit Farm. Thanks Digby and Alison for a very memorable holiday-

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Maple Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We stayed at this dream place on the edge of the oldest rainforest on the planet for four nights. It was full moon when we arrived, so at night we were looking into a three-dimensional wonderland while listening to the eerie sounds. Last thoughts before going to sleep were about the legendary breakfast that would be served on our verande. Alison and Digby are wonderful hosts--the love and passion they put into this comfortable place is evident. Alison even shared some of her greens from the garden to make a great salad. Only problem: it's way too far from Seattle, USA.

Room Tip: There are only two cabins--probably comparable.