This is a wonderful setting in the Daintree National Rainforest! We stayed in the Ribbon cabin which has four individual, private rooms per cabin. The rooms are a bit small, but very cute. They have air conditioning and a ceiling fan. This is in the middle of the rainforest so if you don't like nature (including bugs), this is not a setting for you. You will encounter all sorts of critters from poisionous plants to frogs to saltwater crocs. But you're coming to the Daintree for a reason!! It is gorgeous!! The beach house is set on the beach, cars are not allowed up to the cabins which leave it even more natural. They run on generators as there is no actual power up past the Daintree River so there are occassional losses of power. They have internet access (we didn't use it so don't know the specifics). The staff is helpful in suggesting the tours to take and are willing to help with meeting your schedule needs. This is located past the end of pavement, so technically, only 4x4 vehicles are to be on this and rental cars are a no-no. There are also several places where water is flowing over the road (we saw about 0.3 meters on average on 3 places) so be careful driving. This is very much for the nature lovers! The only complaint I have was that our cabin was somewhat close to the path leaving the "bar" so a few intoxicated people walking past were a bit loud. The night spotting tours are hit or miss on sightings, but some of the hiking is good (wear good hiking boots that you don't care if they get muddy!!). They have food service that is open during breakfast, lunch and supper times with decent food.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Trib Beach House Hotel
- Cape Trib Beach House Hotel Cape Tribulation
- Cape Trib Beach House Cape Tribulation, Daintree Region, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cape Tribulation Beach House Resort is a unique and stunning getaway nestled within the 110 million-year-old Daintree Rainforest and situated on seven acres of absolute beach front. Our distinctive resort offers a huge variety of accommodation options, all designed to highlight the character and history of Cape Tribulation.Situated only 140 kilometres north of Cairns, this private and natural rainforest resort provides everything you need to relax. We offer guests a truly wild, unique and private tropical holiday experience.We invite you to take a break from the every day and experience the acres of grounds teeming with rainforest wildlife and miles of deserted beach. You can do as much or as little as you like on your special getaway. Our beach front location is the perfect place to relax and unwind in stylish comfort. Nowhere on earth do two World Heritage sites come together with such breathtaking beauty.Laze around under leafy palms by our salt water swimming pool surrounded by a generous wooden deck for sunbathing. While you are soaking up the atmosphere you can sample the delicious modern cuisine and refreshments offered by our open air Sand Bar and Bistro.Cape Tribulation Beach House is famous for its excellent food. Many locals frequent our Bistro to dine at one of the best restaurants in the Cape Tribulation / Daintree area. Alternatively, you can choose to “do it yourself” in our modern communal kitchen.For the romantic hearts, make sure you spend at least one evening strolling along our private moonlit beach, and revel in the breathtaking ambiance of the oldest rainforest in the world.As the star-spangled night sky enfolds you, indulge in a cool tropical cocktail from our beach front bar, an ice-cold beer or choose a classic Australian wine selected to suit the most discerning palate.We invite you to take a break and experience the best of Cape Tribulation accommodation. We look forward to meeting you here, where you will arrive as guests, and leave as friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, HostelBookers and Venere so you can book your Cape Trib Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.