“worst experience we had, they are liar!!!” 1 of 5 stars

07-40980070
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Mason's Tours Cape Tribulation offer Private Day and Night Guided Walks and 4WD Tours. Walks are conducted on our own 170ha property, and 4WD Tours go north along the famous Bloomfield Track and include and Aboriginal Guided Walk. See the best of the Daintree Coast Lawrence Mason, private guide. Bookings are via email only, since December 2012 we are not a scheduled operator.
Albenga, Italy
“worst experience we had, they are liar!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I book on 29 december the 4wd tour for the 30 december n the morning, they charge immediatly my credit card, then at 5 pm of 29 dec they told me that i we were only 2 people and the tuor won't start.
Then i was disappointed because if you have only 2 people you don't charge the credit card till when you aren't sure that you reach the minimum number of customer....
Finally they say that they find other 2 people, but probably for the weather the tour will not start.
In the morning they say that was impossible to pass the creeks on the road because of the rain so they refund me with the excuse of bad weather instead of saying that they don't run for 2!!!!
RIDICOLOUS!!! I did the same tour passing bloomfield river that the water wasn't even passing over the road!!!! To everybody will read this review contact another company ( Mike D'Arcy ),only two operate there, they will drive you in the forest with passion and you'll have a great day!!!!
To Mr. Mason, the only true answer you can give to this review, if you can say truth, is SORRY!!!!!!
Giorgio e Nathalie

Visited December 2011
truelocal5, Manager at Mason's Tours, responded to this review, January 29, 2012
1. Giorgio booked and was told we required 4 to travel
2. Two more person booked on vchr 92 from Lyc-haven and we confirmed
3. Heavy rain was predicted and we advised both parties that we may cancel
4. The heavy rain materialized overnight, and I decided to cancel for safety reasons
5. All participants were refunded.

It is not economic to operate for two on this tour and we are clear about that when you booked. I have 20yrs experience on the track and make cancellations with safety in mind.
Giorgio would not know anything about our passion or otherwise as he did not do the tour.
I spent a lot of time and effort communicating all of the above points with Giorgio, and he still bags me on tripadvisor, can only assume that he has some ulterior motive.
Calling me a liar when the other booking is easily proven is just silly.
Giorgio, you have your money and you have not been washed off a flooded creek crossing so be happy....

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“WARNING! dont lose your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We booked a 4WD tour of the bloomfield track with Mason's and another company based on numbers. Which was organised by our hotel, we did not know that we had to pay in advance, and our hotel was put under persistent pressure from Masons to supply credit card details and pay while we were out for the day. stating they would not turn up otherwise. On the day, one of our members was sick, reducing our numbers to six. The 2 tour companies turned up at 7am, and between them arranged for all 6 to travel in one of the companies 4WD keeping the family together. (thank you Mike D'Arcy this is what makes a difference in the service industry) At the end of the trip we found out that we had already paid and that Masons, who had taken nobody, was unlikely to refund us. Giving Masons $420 AUD for taking nobody. Our tour guide took 6 people for the price of 4 and in contacting Masons to explain the situation and to appeal for a refund for 1 person and some credit back to Mike, I was appauled with the attitude of the elderly lady who im sure is a Mason, making comments such as "Fool him for taking you" and "Your stupid for getting into the 4WD" along with other insulting comments. Thank you for refunding our sick family member but I have wasted money on calls to you and you have shown no comradery to another tour guide who really knows what a tour and service is. You need to learn that an attitude like that is going to damage your business! You have been around for a long time make sure you get it right for the people that keep you in business!!!

Visited October 2011
truelocal5, Manager at Mason's Tours, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
It saddens me to read such a spiteful, offensive and cowardly review from people who never asked to speak to me the manager. Yes we demand payment in advance for all tours, the same as any airline or bus company. The fact that the hotel they stayed with will only book tours by supplying the guest's credit card, as opposed to normal practice of posting the tour to a room bill is not of our doing. And yes our booking conditions state that there are penalties for not travelling. In this case however we did refund on the one person who was ill and did not travel.
These people decided at the last minute not to travel with us, after my driver had arrived to pick them up, a return trip of 50kms. They then rang after hours agressively demanding a refund, which they got in part. Now they have chosen to make accusations about the phone call which I simply don't believe.
If you are likely to want a refund after failing to travel on the morning of the tour for no other reason than you decided to go with someone else, the do heed the warning 'Don't loose your money' . However if you are a normal traveller who is looking for a great tour of the Daintree we would love to see you.
We no longer accept bookings from the hotel in question, nor do we work with the other operator, as we don't belive they have our best interests of those of their guests at heart.
Frankfurt, Germany
“Night walk with croc spotting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

This trip was fantastic.
The guide was really nice and knew a lot that he told us in an interesting way.
We started with a tour in the rain forest and after that we went looking for crocodiles.
Sadly we didn't see any but the tour was still really pleasant.
I would really recommend this night tour.

Melbourne-australia
32 attraction reviews
“see it all at Cape Trib”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Organised a full day trip to Cooktown for 4 adults so we hired the driver/guide and 4wd.Early start with stops all along the Bloomfield track.Lions den hotel was unexpected delight. Our extra guide from the Walker clan at Bloomfield track was lacking in information and mumbled so it was difficult to understand her.Cooktown was windy and more spread out then expected .Captain Cooks Museum is excellent- One thing I did feel was that the cemetary tour should have been more planned and maybe a map with a guided walk showing the way-even though it was only a memorial the Chinese section should have been part of the tour. The only part that was lacking but easily improved which would have made it 100 per cent.

Visited August 2011
truelocal5, Manager at Mason's Tours, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review. I am really pleased that you have commented on the Indigenous walk, as we are trying to mentor Walker's Tours and your comments will make my feedback to them more meaningful. I will also take your comments re the Chinese Shrine onboard, it is really more of a timing issue than anything else. Hope to see you back in the Daintree one day! Thanks again
Alton, United Kingdom
“Excellent service in an amazing location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I traveled a lot of Australia after I went on Mason's Tour in Cape Tribulation but I always kept looking back on it as a no less than five star activity. Lawrence Mason was incredibly knowledgeable about the rainforest - from insects to reptiles to trees - but made our small group feel very welcome. Bar getting to see loads of wonderful creatures I particularly liked the untouched feel of a rainforest than does a fair share of tours, no guardrails or signs taking away from the experience.

Visited December 2010