“good to very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Whet Restaurant

Whet Restaurant
Lot 1 Cape Tribulation Road | Road Cape Tribulation Qld 4873, Cape Tribulation, Queensland, Australia
61 7 4098 0007
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“good to very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

considering the location of this restaurant I thought the food to be good to very good hence my rating. If this place were in a big city I would score lower. Had the barra w/c people raved about but I unfortunately did not think so highly of it, had better in Darwin. Hubby had the salmon w/c was a bit underdone but had a very nice crisp. dessert was also just ok. the garlic bread though was very yummy we ordered an extra helping. staff were so so, I had to ask 3 times for more water and twice for the dessert menu. reservations are crucial if coming during busy season, I had our lodge call the afternoon we checked in.

Visited August 2014

Ingleton, England, United Kingdom
“Went for the free wifi returned for the fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Needed water and a flat white after climbing Mt Sorrow so stopped in on the way back to our campsite. (The free wifi was also a factor). Was such a nice atmosphere with friendly staff we decided to have lunch. My wife is a vegetarian and was ecstatic to find out they had a whole separate veggy menu. After a fantastic lunch we came back for supper with friends, and after trying everyones meal, both starter and main course, struggled to pick a favourite, my wife claiming it was the best veggy meal she'd ever had. Very much recommended and will go back if we find ourselves up there again.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Wish this was my local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Brilliant atmosphere, lovely food, beautiful setting and great staff. Wish it was easier to go back to!

Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“great resturant in daintree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

highly recommend this restaurant for either lunch or dinner or coffee stop. great menu, great food, great ambiance and staff

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Not to Be missed if dining in at cape Trib”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My Parents and I were visiting the Cape after i had visited the previous year and really loved it. We stayed in the local backpackers and ate there the first night, to find the food of a very low quality. As it was our our last few days together we thought we'd try to find atleast a decent meal some place else.. We stumbled across the Whet Restaurant for lunch, and it was a pleasant, modern restaurant without being to flash or over complicating and trying to hard. The service was just what we wanted, not pushy, just pleasant left to chat amongst ourselves and when we were ready to order the waitress was there.. We all chose the Barra Fish and chips for a quick easy lunch.. it came within 10 mins and was just a perfect portion looked small on the plate but was more than ample after eating.. On leaving we booked a table for the even as we were all very impressed with the food and service. That even we came back, and all chose a different meal. I chose a rare salmon fillet with a pea puree, baby carrots and other wonderful flavours, it was cook to perfection. My mother, a lamb flatbread type dish and my father the Kangeroo steak, it was all cooked perfectly and served with a smile... Bless this place if im back to the Trib ever I will be sure to book in.. Thankyou

• Visited August 2014