“OK but food is not yet up to high standard” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Description: A newly opened Delicatessen and Restaurant on King Street, Buderim
Description: A newly opened Delicatessen and Restaurant on King Street, Buderim
Buderim, Queensland, Australia
“OK but food is not yet up to high standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I took my mum and dad there on a recent visit they had to the coast. Service was average with staff being friendly(ish) I expected more for a new restaurent trying to gain business. We had a lunch with three different meals. One meal was excellent, one ok and the other pretty poor. A shame. Perhaps in the future it will become more consistent but at a table with the different meals to get such different results shows that they are not ready yet. I will go again though as I is a nice place and the deli is great. The deli is not too expensive either so quite impressed.

50% Recommend
Buderim, Australia
“Deli is fantastic but restaurant needs more professionalism”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I tried to write a review on this place the first time I went in there but Trip Advisor had not listed it yet - the Deli is amazing - there is absolutely everything in the whole shop and the owners should be congratulated on their stock. Despite negative comments from some locals, Buderim really did need such a great Delic. However, the restaurant is another matter - there seems to be two entry points and one of them that says "Please wait to be seated" is just ignored. I felt embarrassed for an elderly lady who stood waiting for ages for a table and no-one attended the entry desk - I just walked out when I was forgotten at the table. They really need to inject as much time and effort into the Restaurant as is in the Deli.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Caloundra, Australia
“Terrific Deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I have not tried the restaurant but the attached deli is very very good, the best I have seen on the Sunshine Coast.
It had all the obscure items that my wife used as her "tests". It also has a very good prepared meats area - we tried the Chichen Kievs and they were great, the Moroccan Chicken a little less so. Ham was OK but nothing special.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thornton, Australia
“Coffee break”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

disliked the fact that we were seated and then forgotten

Visited June 2012