“Stunning! Thoroughly recommend a visit to The Bunyip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boonah
The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort
You added The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort to your Saves list
139 Lutter Road Charlwood, Boonah, Queensland 4309, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Boonah
Newbury
“Stunning! Thoroughly recommend a visit to The Bunyip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We found ourselves with a long weekend without any plans and were fortunate enough to get ourselves a last minute booking at The Bunyip due to a cancellation - their loss was definitely our gain. We arrived to a very warm and friendly welcome from Bob and Marina (and the friendly red setter Riley) and had a wonderful couple of nights there. The breakfasts were very tasty and on the first evening we also had dinner which was really quite delicious. There's no menu so you take what's seasonal and prepared although we were asked if we had any dietary requirements so would be confident these could be catered for if required. The rooms are very comfy and spacious and we wish we could have spent longer under the luxurious bedding with the spectacular view over to the Great Dividing Range at our toe-tips! We would thoroughly recommend a stay at The Bunyip; the location, the views, the hospitality and the food are all wonderful and definitely worth experiencing for yourselves! Whilst it's not the cheapest bed in the area, it must certainly be the best and even for the price, our expectations were exceeded.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brisbane Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I really did not know what to expect we went with a close group of friends and we had a ball

Rob and Marina were fantastic hosts and my gliding experience on the Saturday was unforgettable

We will be returning

• Stayed May 2011
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

The views are breathtaking, inspirational and humbling. We had a beautiful and special three-day break, my partner went gliding whilst I had the Ka Huna massage, which we both highly recommend. Could not fault where we stayed or the hosts, Marina and Rob, who are lovely people and made our gracious stay so memorable and special...have been really missing those great breakfasts and home made goodies. Loved it, loved it! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Rob and Marina would be the consummate hosts regardless of location however put them in charge at The Bunyip and the experience for a guest becomes one of simple perfection. I recently held my wedding ceremony there as well as spending a few nights in their loft style apartments. The accomodation as well as the" Great Room" (you have to see this room in person to fully appreciate it) reeks of understated elegance and luxury combined with thoughtful touches. The views spectacular. The planning of a wedding can bring untold stress however all dealings with Rob and Marina in the lead up to the day were fuss free and just plain easy. Whatever we wanted they just made happen. I simply could not fault anything during our time spent there from the location, the food or the accomodation and judging by the response of our guests I'm sure there will be many also planning a visit. When our stay was over and we begrudgingly departed it felt as though we were saying goodbye to some good friends. Yet. welcoming and oblinging as Rob and Marina may be, they are also discreet and not at all intrusive. Weddings are always special however given the serenity, the location, the architecture and the warmth of Rob and Marina and not forgetting Riley their delightful Red Setter, our day was magical.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here over the weekend. We arrived Friday lunchtime and were the only ones there for about 5 hours...pure bliss. Our Hosts, Marina and Rob are very friendly - you cannot fault their impeccable customer service - and made us feel right at home immediately. The views are just amazing from the resort - especially when you are lounging from their fresh-water, chemical-free pool or sitting outside the Great Room having a drink. The accommodation is very modern with an industrial-feel to it. Very comfortable for a couple staying for a few days with air-con, remote-controlled blinds, LCD TV, bar fridge and deluxe coffee machine....and again, the views from your room are amazing - even if you're just having a shower or relaxing in bed!
As I am pregnant, I did have some requirements about what foods I could and could not eat. Both Marina and Rob were absolutely fantastic in ensuring my dietary needs were well taken care of, and there were no issues with me bringing some snacks to the resort. My husband I and dined in the Great Room and had the most delightful dinner. Our entree was probably one of the best I've had in any modern Australian restaurant - a simple and very delicious warm fig (fresh from Stanthorpe) with goat's cheese wrapped in prosciutto...heaven. I could have had a few of those. Our main was Black Angus rump on a bed of turnip and potato mash with asparagus and mushrooms soaked in a brandy sauce (naughty of me I know but it was just delicious). Our dessert was equally enjoyable, it had a French name (which I can't remember) but was essentially an apple pastry dish with caramel sauce and gourmet vanilla ice-cream - YUM YUM YUM. A meal like this in a restaurant would cost around $75 per head, so my husband and I both thought that $55 for this restaurant-quality dinner was DEFINITELY value for money.
Breakfast was also easily of a resort or cafe-style standard. We were given so much food we didn't bother having lunch! The fresh fruit and selection of cereals were spot on, and my scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and home-grown baby tomatoes were just perfect.
All in all, we had a fabulous getaway, it was exactly what I needed after complications with my pregnancy earlier in the week, which had caused a lot of stress to both my husband and I. We left the resort feeling very relaxed, pampered and extremely happy we had gone there to wind down. We will definitely be going back, one idea is my husband would like to invite 3 other couples for a weekend to celebrate his 40th birthday there - I couldn't think of a more enjoyable way to spend his birthday!

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I was put up here mid-week over-night through my work. I was very impressed with the quality of the service, the food and the room. The property presents very well, the attention to detail was obvious wherever you look.
The format is quite unique and relaxed. Rob and Marina are very accommodating when it comes to food, there is no menu, you just tell them what you like. I just went with Rob's suggesion of a nice steak for dinner, apple tart/pie for dessert and a custom omelette/friut platter for brekkie.
My only complaint was that I did not have the time to really soak it all in and was gone the next morning. Still, a very nice over-nighter. I hope to return next time with fiancee for a longer period.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

Fantastic location. Lovely surrounds and facilities. The accomodation is of a very high standard and well thought through. Luxury bedding, furniture and equipment etc. Everything that you require for a relaxing weekend away is provided. There is an outdoor pool and the "great room" if you wish to relax elsewhere. The only thing that we were disappointed with was the food. We opted to have dinner in the great room served by the hosts as we were told that there was no-where else to eat nearby and no self-catering. We were not given dinner options and told that we would just be served whatever the hosts decided to make (for $55 per head). We were invited to advise of any food allergies or dislikes. I advised that I had a particular food allergy and was very annoyed when I was served up that very thing for entree!

Main was fine (but far from restaurant quality). The dessert was not something that I would have ordered myself, was not enjoyable and I didn't end up eating it. Given the quality of the accommodation we expected that the food would be of similar standard and were very disappointed when it wasn't. Breakfast was included in the weekend stay, but was again disappointing. The fruit and yoghurt that was served first was good. We were then offered cooked breakfasts. One of our cooked breakfasts was burnt (very visibly), the other had only 2 of the 3 items ordered. I ordered poached eggs, The eggs weren't cooked enough and had busted , but were still plated up nonetheless. overall just not enjoyable and quite unexpected. We would still recommend the accommodation but suggest that you venture to one of the nearby towns to dine.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
TheBunyipRob, Owner at The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
I'm really disappointed that you weren't happy on Saturday night . I wish you had said something at the time. The empty plates are all we can go by. The baked shiraz pear you had for dessert is usually a hit. We try to use in season produce and our meals are prepared fresh and are not designed to imitate a restaurant. Sorry you don't like crispy bacon. It's something we'll make a point of asking guests in future.

Been to The Bunyip Scenic Rim Resort? Share your experiences!