“Pleasant but also a learning experience” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 Spas & Wellness in Rye
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Peninsula Hot Springs is a natural hot mineral spring and spa centre located on the Mornington Peninsula 1.5 Hours drive South of Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. 50 Deg C hot mineral water flows from deep underground into many pools and private baths at this seaside oasis of relaxation, health and wellbeing. Two facilities provide a relaxation experience for everyone:The Bath House has over 20 bathing experiences on offer with areas suitable for visitors of all ages including a Hilltop pool with 360 deg views, reflexology walk, Turkish steam room, sauna, cave pool, family bathing area and many more. The bathing gully and Hilltop pool area is available to all guests until 10am after which time it becomes a 16+ years bathing zone. A Bath House cafe offers a variety of healthy meals in the morning, afternoon and early evening.Bath House open from 7:30 am till 10 pm daily (last bathing 9:45). If you are planning to visit during a peak period (weekends, school and public holidays) please make an online booking for your preferred arrival time. Bookings can be made over the phone ($5 fee) or online (free of charge. The Spa Dreaming Centre provides bathing and spa treatments in a tranquil, relaxing setting for guests 16 years and older. The Spa Dreaming Centre offers breakfast and lunch everyday and dinner Tue, Fri and Sat nights and light snacks all other evenings. Open 9 am to 9 pm daily (last bathing 8:45 pm).
11 attraction reviews
“Pleasant but also a learning experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I purchased a package via my stay at the RACV Cape Schank resort. This included entry for two into the Spa Dreaming Centre and two massages.
We went on a Monday although it was Queens Birthday public holiday, so it was relatively busy. I was a little disappointed that some of the pools were not accessible and we could only choose between three. We didn't spend that much time in the pools because I wasn't entirely confident about the hygiene, the water was not clean and it was oily.
I agree with a previous review about the change rooms being unsanitary. They were lovely in appearance although were not clean. There was so much hair in the showers which was not impressive. I opted to shower at our hotel. On a positive, there is access to shampoo, conditioner and shower gels for guests in the showers. I also liked the locker facilities.
The cafe was nice, the food was pretty good though quite costly. That's business though I guess. And our waitress was very abrupt and rude. She initially asked whether we were just wanting to enjoy a drink, then another lovely waitress offered us a menu. We were of the impression that unless we booked in lunch, we weren't permitted to eat. The initial waitress returned, saw the menus, and stated, "oh, so you're eating now too are you?". I couldn't believe that she had the audacity to speak down to paying customers like that. Her attitude was repulsive.
The best part of our visit was by far our therapists for our messages!! I had Erin who gave me a Kodo massage and it was absolutely incredible. My fiancée had a relaxation massage by Claire and thoroughly enjoyed that also. Both of the therapists were professional and exceptionally talented and friendly.
The waiting area was relaxing and tranquil.
If there is a next time.....
- We will definitely opt for a private bathing area
- We will bring additional towels, because they get very wet quickly and we got pretty cold, I now am sick and don't want that to happen again
- We will explore all the other areas of the hot springs
- We will definitely request the same therapists
- We will not eat at the cafe

PeninsulaHotSprings, Owner at Peninsula Hot Springs, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Talia O,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience and we are glad that you enjoyed your spa treatment experience. We are disappointed however to hear about your experience in our Spa Dreaming Centre café.
We pride ourselves on delivering quality food complimented by quality service; unfortunately this does not seem to be the case on this occasion. We have been taken by surprise regarding the café staff member. We have passed on your experience to the relevant manager to follow up with his team. As a team we have all worked very hard on the reputation for food and service in the Spa Dreaming Centre cafe, with guest feedback and reviews reflecting this. We are disappointed that on this occasion you were not offered our high quality standard of service.
We use fresh ingredients and try to source local produce from local suppliers where possible. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal. Bookings are recommended for the Spa Dreaming Centre café to secure your spot, however not essential if there are tables available.
Pool hygiene is something that we take very seriously. Our pools are drained and scrubbed each evening, and then throughout the day, fresh mineral water flows. Pool attendants also circulate the pools to check the temperatures and flow of water. If guests are concerned about the hygiene of the pools and change rooms, we would encourage them to approach our pool attendants to alert them of the issue. We also have multiple cleaners circulating our facilities on any given day and have passed your feedback onto them.
We hope to see you again in the future to try one of our private baths.
Warm regards,
Peninsula Hot Springs team

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Oxford
“Good, but no competition to compare with”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Liked: treatments, private bathing, restaurant. Could do with some work in the car park to fill in some of the immense puddles.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
16 attraction reviews
“Great Place To Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our family has been to this place twice and we will definitely be back again. The Hot Springs are amazing. Beautifully appointed areas amongst lush tropical plants. Book online to get your desired time for bathing and to avoid long waiting times. It gets very busy especially during the holiday season. I advise hiring a locker and robe. The cafe/restaurant serves lovely pizza and other hot foods, coffee and snacks although it is a little pricey as you would expect in any tourist area.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Crowded....but still a refreshing event!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We went on a Saturday morning pretty early, and even then it was pretty crowded in some of the baths. The levels of cleanliness are pretty good, inspire of huge numbers of people trekking through and open air baths in the dunes and amongst ti trees. It is a great concept - any issues are really as a result of it being a victim of its own success. We had a coffee there and the cafe is fine - somewhat expensive and limited, but what it had on the menu was pretty good quality, so no complaints.

Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
19 attraction reviews
“Once again Thank you.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

It is always a pleasure for me to return here. I started going when it first opened (the now private bathing area) and have made it a Winter ritual. I am very impressed at the amount that has been done over the years and look forward to see the updates every time I come back. The only down sides I could see is that once it gets packed by the afternoon it gets progressively louder (book and go EARLY) and relaxing can be a little hard with everyone trying to shout over each other (thanks to the ladies group who thought it was ok for the whole world to hear what was going on in their lives). Secondly was the kids treating the area like it was a public pool, running around and jumping in the pools while people tried to relax.
I still think this is an AMAZING place and well worth the admission fee but it might be an idea to give your staff a little more power to tell people to shut up and allow people to relax in peace, as the majority of people are there to do just that and are very good at sticking to the rules. I can't blame the Hot Springs Management for ignorant people.
PS I know there are private baths but the prices are a little too steep for us and you don't get to hang out in them for a really long time there.

Visited May 2014