“Hot, and Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Rye
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Peninsula Hot Springs is a natural hot mineral spring and spa centre located on the Mornington Peninsula 1.5 Hours drive South of Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. 50 Deg C hot mineral water flows from deep underground into many pools and private baths at this seaside oasis of relaxation, health and wellbeing. Two facilities provide a relaxation experience for everyone:The Bath House has over 20 bathing experiences on offer with areas suitable for visitors of all ages including a Hilltop pool with 360 deg views, reflexology walk, Turkish steam room, sauna, cave pool, family bathing area and many more. The bathing gully and Hilltop pool area is available to all guests until 10am after which time it becomes a 16+ years bathing zone. A Bath House cafe offers a variety of healthy meals in the morning, afternoon and early evening.Bath House open from 7:30 am till 10 pm daily (last bathing 9:45). If you are planning to visit during a peak period (weekends, school and public holidays) please make an online booking for your preferred arrival time. Bookings can be made over the phone ($5 fee) or online (free of charge. The Spa Dreaming Centre provides bathing and spa treatments in a tranquil, relaxing setting for guests 16 years and older. The Spa Dreaming Centre offers breakfast and lunch everyday and dinner Tue, Fri and Sat nights and light snacks all other evenings. Open 9 am to 9 pm daily (last bathing 8:45 pm).
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“Hot, and Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Loved the heat of the pools although very busy and pools full.
approx 200 there. However still enjoyed our time

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
melbourne
50 attraction reviews
“Hot Springs on weekends”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

During weekends can be extremely busy and the public pools are full of nice and anti social people (burping and screaming).
The dinner is average for the price they are asking.
Yes we like it there and might come back again at the private pools.
Plus side - the people who works there are very helpful, honest and very good service.

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Truly Relaxing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Second time to visit the Peninsula Hot Springs, both times in April. Again, we booked for a private bath, although this time, I added a Kobo massage. The private baths are located in a separate building from the public baths. It is recommended that you book beforehand as the place was fully booked when we got there and they were turning away people who just decided to show up on the last minute.
We were given a bath robe, a towel and a wrist band for the lockers. Ladies and gents have separate lockers as they are located inside the shower and toilet areas. I prefer showering first to before heading into the relaxation area to maximize the bathing time. There is a shower inside the private bath as well but no shampoos or body wash. In the relaxation lounge, tea and magazines are provided. Our names were called and we were led into the private bath which is a room with a large ceramic bath tub in one corner. We were told to sit on the bench while the functionalities of the room was explained. Then we were asked to smell three kinds of oil and to select from them. The chosen oil is poured onto the bath and we were left in peace.
A pitcher of water was provided. After the set time, we heard a knock and we unplugged the drain to release the water and headed back to the lockers. I had to wait for another hour for my massage. For the treatment, I was led through the adult pool and up some stairs into a little hut located away from the pools and the main building. The massage was a combination of oil, aromatherapy and soft gentle music on a heated massage bed. It was the most relaxing massage I ever had. I'd probably request for a longer one next time we go.

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Relaxing...rejuvenating...highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Wow would definitely head back here if I visit the peninsula again.

We went in the evening & it was a full moon so just beautiful! If you want to avoid children you can head to the adults only areas but by going late in the evening there were not many kids running around.

This is an experience not to be missed if you are on the Peninsula.

Camden, Australia
“heaven on earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

OMG i loved this place. It was the first time my daughter and i had been to a spa and it was a treat for her 16th birthday. I have never been so relaxed in my life. We both loved every second of the day and when we climbed back in to the car we just sat their smiling and saying over and over again "I am sooooo relaxed". I cannot wait to take my fiance and my friends there.