I wish I had stayed a day or two longer in this location and am puzzled by the mixed reviews I've read. I stayed in the main building and would suggest that others do the same since it is so charming. Some of the rooms on the second floor have well appointed private balconies with tables and chairs making it far more comfortable and expanding the size of the rooms, which are small. I did not mind the size of the room mostly because I was in it so little and because the bed was so comfortable.
The grounds of this resort are absolutely beautiful and the formal Italian gardens are worth strolling through. The spa makes good use of the well tended gardens and beautiful countryside, and I found the time in the spa both refreshing and relaxing. If the spa is crowded I can see how it would be disapointing but since we had the place practically to ourselves, it felt like an oasis designed to rejuvinate the soul and I left more refreshed than I would have anticipated.
The in-house restaurant was excellent - if not a bit pricey, but still worth the experience since the meal will go down as one of the best we had while in Australia. Take this for what it is worth since everyone's tastes are different, but I'm a bit of a food snob and don't make such sweeping compliments often. However, if the menu (or price) is not to your liking, there seem to be several excellent restaurants in the very quaint Daylesford downtown which is just 2-3 kms away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in Victoria's picturesque Daylesford and Macedon Ranges this grand 1930's guest house has been transformed into one of regional Victoria's finest heritage country hotels with stylish art deco reception areas leafy gardens and stunning courtyards Situated in Hepburn Springs just three minutes from Daylesford Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel offers beautiful accommodation with 40 luxurious rooms including the self-contained 1864 Villa Parma with four exquisite bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Peppers Mineral Springs Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Mineral Springs Retreat Hotel Hepburn Springs
- Peppers Springs Retreat Hotel
- Peppers Springs Retreat Hepburn