“Delcious Food Beautifully Presented” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Daylesford
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: In the kitchens, a talented young team under the guidance of Owner and Executive Chef Alla Wolf- Tasker works from the ground up producing cutting edge, modern Australian cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal and regional ingredients. The kitchen creates most items on the daily menu from the ground up – ranging from bread, charcuterie, preserves, smoked goods, chocolates and more.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Delcious Food Beautifully Presented”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The restaurant at the Lake House is amazing. Alla Wolf-Tasker and her team are definitely superb chefs.

The restaurant is beautiful and charming with views over Lake Daylesford.

The staff are lovely, friendly, very professional and knowledgeable on all the dishes and a wide array of wines to suite every dish. The staff are very careful to produce a wonderful experience and they are very attentive to detail.

Now the important part to food! I can see why the Lake House has won soo many awards for their food and wine. They have an amazing wine list with delicious food.

The food is beautifully presented and elegant that you almost dont want to wreck it, but when you do it is delicious. Every meal is devine and rich and full of flavour. Definitely a credit to the chefs at the Lake House.

The only down side i had was that the food and drink was very expensive and that there wasnt a great deal of choice on the menu as a lot of foods had offal or unusual foods on the menu. But that given some people like to eat offal and it is a gourmet restaurant so you're bound to find some unusual dishes. I just wanted to see a few more familiar dishes.

But that being said the dishes i had were delicious and i was pleasantly surprised with my dishes and would definitely recommend people to come visit this delicious restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
lakehouse01, General Manager at Lake House, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent dining experience at Lake House Restaurant. Your comments regarding the balance of the menu will be used to assist us in evaluating and improving our product and services to meet our guest expectations. We are glad that you met your expectations in regards to the quality and presentation of the food. We look forward to welcoming you back to Lake House soon.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great Food, but Over-priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I doubt any one would walk out of the Lake House being disappointed, but I did walk out feeling a bit ripped off! The most expensive meal I have ever eaten by quite a long way but nowhere near the best food I have had!

Just little things that didn't quite work in a couple of the dishes, not what I expect when paying $120 per head for 3 courses!

Was worth trying but I won't return on future trips to Daylesford.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
lakehouse01, General Manager at Lake House, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent dining experience at Lake House Restaurant. Your comments regarding the value for money and the meat dish have been noted and will be used to assist us in evaluating and improving our product and services to meet our guest expectations. I hope that you will consider revisiting Lake House, on a return trip to Daylesford, where we can show you that we can meet your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Lake House soon.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Beautiful Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Our first wedding anniversary couldn't have been more perfect! My husband and I had the privilege of staying at Lake House for two nights and during this time we found the staff, service and room phenomenal. Our first night we had a wonderful dining experience at Lake House Restaurant and the food was amazing. My husband especially loved the peanut brittle dessert saying it was the best dessert he has ever had. Our waiter Fanck was excellent with attention to detail with me being 30 weeks pregnant telling me which things would be good to try and that they could also accommodate by removing certain things if I wish. Franck also gave us great feedback on things to do whilst in Daylesford and also other fine dining restaurants to try. The lodge room we stayed in was lovely, modern, well kept and we loved the little things - a newspaper each morning upon waking, and the nespresso machine was a hit :) the only small thing my hubby and I could fault was that the room itself was nearby to the road therefor we did here passing traffic but not too much that it was a major concern. We got to experience Lake House Salus Spa also, two hours of pamper bliss! My therapist Sera was sensational in catering for me being pregnant and this made the experience even more wonderful. If you are thinking about a treatment I suggest you definitely try the spa :)
The buffet breakfast each morning was splendid and of high quality, we loved the fresh juice and hot breakfast to start the day. Each of the staff were very attentive and polite the service that we received really was outstanding.
I have to mention the surroundings....The grounds are just divine, with a beautiful lake to walk around and walking distance to the main street we absolutely loved our stay at Lake House and wouldn't hesitate to recommend to our family and friends! Such a memorable weekend away, we cannot wait to go back!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Lake House Retreat. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and that the accommodation, staff & dining experiences met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Lake House soon.
Wangaratta
“A sensational dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The food was truly amazing. We chose the 3 course option. Each dish presented looked like a work of art and the flavours were exceptional and the servings generous. We were served little bonuses eg a pre-dessert dessert, which was delicious and an olive crisp bread with aioli. Also the bread and French butter was another amazing treat. The wine selection was perfect and the waiting staff helpful in choosing the most appropriate wines. The quality and presentation of the food, the terrific waiting staff and the ambience the restaurant provided made for an enjoyable anniversary dinner and well worth the cost. We look forward to returning to the region for many reasons, but particularly to revisit the Lake House.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent dining experience at Lake House Restaurant. We are pleased that the staff & dining experiences met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Lake House soon.
Melbourne, Australia
“Expensive but a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This restaurant is quite expensive. My wife and I went there for a special occasion.
But we were not disappointed. In fact it was a fantastic experience. The view is great, the food is really excellent and the service is perfect (professional, efficient, friendly and not pretentious).
The servings are not large (but fantastic quality) and by the end of the night you realise that the serves were exactly the correct size. I found myself lingering on the unique and interesting flavours of each individual mouthful.
Loved it!!!!! Best restaurant I've ever been to.