“A lovely romantic weekend away for our anniversary - beautiful rooms and great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Frangos

You added Hotel Frangos to your Saves list
Hotel Frangos
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   82 Vincent Street, Daylesford, Victoria 3460, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Daylesford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed in the Nest room which has an on world charm about it and great amenities like in-room spa. The ambience and interior design of this hotel is quite unique compared to more country style accommodation around Daylesford. Apart from the rooms, the highlights were definitely the very central location, car park and great breakfast at Frangos - we could eat anything from the breakfast menu and it also covered coffees which definitley adds value to the overall package.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sunshine Coast Queensland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding for 3 nights. The room was beautiful and comfy, cleaned spotlessly everyday. The food in the cafe is awesome. We cannot rate the staff highly enough for their attentiveness and kindness throughout our entire stay. Bernard you guys are fantastic! Wedding couldn't have been any better. Thanks :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

We spent 3 nights in the Icon room. We couldn't have asked for more. The hotel is spotless and all inclusive services were all we needed. One of the best boutique hotel's I have stayed in. Breakfast was excellent, staff was excellent. Special mention to Chantelle, who couldn't do enough for us and always with a smile. These people know what the word 'hospitality' means and they implement it into their business. Will definitely book here again on our next trip to Daylesford. Thank you for a fantastic weekend Frangos xx

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

we spent a Sunday night at Rouge Room (room 5). The room was nice with a big soft king bed, the bathroom was very big and clean with a lovely spa bath. However I couldn't fall asleep until 3:30AM, due to the TERRIBLE DISCO NOISE from the street...
We also had a dinner at the Jimmy's bar, the deluxe selection cost $45pp, but tasted not as good as expected...and the hotel reception is always not attended, as the staffs are always busy in the bar.
Overall, we think Frangos is a bit overpriced...and we won't choose it next time...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

The room and bathroom were stunning. It was a little oasis from the hustle and bustle of town. The manager and her staff provided excellent service. Only thing was the blinds didn't completely shut out the light in the morning.

• Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed in the Alpha Room which was very spacious with the bathroom being as big as the bedroom. The room was light filled and exceeded my expectations in terms of being a 'boutique hotel in the middle of Daylesford. (this was my first visit to the hotel). I did love the monogrammed sheets and the bed was extremely comfortable. My only issue was the constant droning noise once I had retired for the evening, which I hoped would stop after the cafe closed downstairs but unfortunately continued all night which did not assist with a restful sleep. The 24 hour concierge did not respond to my call and the person that assisted with my check out could offer no explanation.

I really liked the ambiance of the hotel and the staff were very pleasant - would I stay here again - Yes - but I would pack some earplugs!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in this quirky hotel for one night. Described as a boutique hotel it truly is, with unique quirky rooms.
The receptionist was warm and friendly, and seemed to be always working. The restaurant and the care are high lovely places to eat and hang out in. The room was clean and different.
The main problem was the noise level. I stayed in the Monroe room. I felt like I was trying to sleep in the middle of a disco from the noise downstairs. It was appalling and unrelenting. It was a horrible broken nights sleep. The bed is a funny round shape and difficult to get comfy in. There is no night time receptionist so nobody could help the matter. So much for a relaxing getaway!
Other problems would include the internet, completely rubbish.

One oddness prior to my arrival was that the general manager. Bernard was snooping me on my LinkedIn page. I find that disturbing and hard to explain. I do not like it one bit.

I will not be returning and I would a advise others that unless you are going to be living it up in the bar don't bother either.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Frangos? Share your experiences!