“Not in top 5 dining experiences in Daylesford” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 51 Restaurants in Daylesford
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Upscale Casual Dining...enjoyment of food shouldn't make you feel guilty for spending "so much" or fussed about enjoying it!Eat, laugh, smile, sip your drink and laugh some more!For over a decade Frangos & Frangos’ iconic and award winning restaurants haveconsistently set new standards for dining, not only in Daylesford, butregional Victoria. Jimmy's Bar represents a modern, relaxed approach to quality dining in Daylesford aimed at bringing conviviality back to the table featuring sharing plates and communal tables where new friendships are forged and old friendships are renewed.Executive Chef, Euan Apedaile creates contemporary European styled menus using the region's finest and freshest seasonal produce. Inspired creativity abounds with innovative twists on classic dishes.Our philosophy of harmony and perfection is reflected through Chef Euan cuisine and the unique handcrafted art pieces by owner Jim Frangos.Make reservations for our dining room or share one of our convivial tables in the bar area.
“Not in top 5 dining experiences in Daylesford”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

A little disappointing! Food was nice but far from memorable for the price. The whole dinning experience was cold and inexplicably unfriendly. Compared to other offering in Daylesford, I find this place hard to warrant my recommendation

“Great service, average food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were recommend to check out this venue and so we went in for a coffee the Friday we got in which was delicious and the menu looked interesting so we thought we would make reservation for Saturday lunch! It was warm weather and they had put us in the beautiful courtyard which we had some how not noticed the day before! The courtyard was incredible felt like we were in another world, the service was friendly and helpful. The food was great we had the rockling, exquisite, not only was the food nice the presentation of my meal was colorful, fresh and fantastic for summer. My partner got the calamari which was strange, odd flavors. But the chat potatoes cannot be missed! The end of our experience was ruined by the dark short haired lady behind the bar, she tapping the computer violently, continued to frown and made us feel like a major burden. She even swore! She was unpleasant, but everyone and everything else was great! Recommend checking it out even for just a coffee!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Church Mouse Food for a High Price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Totally agreed with the recent two reviewers, if you have never been to this restaurant DON'T. We should have read the reviews before been sucked into this tourist trap by the newly chic ambience. We were sitted at a table right at the bottom of the footsteps which felt really awkward. Everytime, someone walks into the dinning room, they had to take the steps and you could feel like they are walking into you or your food. The biggest let-down was the food! A high price tag for food meant for a church mouse. We ordered the suckling pig as main and it came out no more than 3 by 10cm and half an apricot for AUD$32! The waitress were friendly but that was all I could say even when I complianed about the portion size. She said suckling pig is an expensive meat and thats why I am getting 3 by 10cm strip of it. She also said that I hope you will return next time. To think I was born yesterday! Never. The next morning, when we met our Hotel Manager, she told us the locals don't go there and indeed it is just a tourist trap.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Tourist trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We can only describe our experience with this establishment as deplorable. We made a reservation to find our table had been 'given away'. Finally after getting a table we ordered 2 main course meals and a side dish of beetroot. One of the main course meals was the suckling pig at $32. This was delivered as one strip of meat around 20cm in length - hardly what one would describe as a main size portion. Accompanying this was half an apricot and a bland mash of whatever. The other dish of pappardelle pasta was somewhat ordinary and something I could do better whipping up at home in my own kitchen. We concur with the guy from Iceland on the beetroot, a can of beetroot, either Golden Circle or SPC is more tasty. On questioning the wait staff on the portion size of the suckling pig we were told 'it's an expensive meat you know'... Indeed it is, how very apt. We are very disappointed with the experience here and feel this establishment is taking advantage of unsuspecting tourists. There are much better places.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Jimmy's Bar Daylesford ZERO stars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you have never been to this restaurant DON'T. The locals told us after we'd been only tourists go only once never to return. Our Waiter was excellent, attentive and polite, he was the only good thing of the night. The restaurant very trendy very modern, and the food tastes ok, just ok for the price, however be prepared to leave hungry. After our dinner we went to Coles to get something to eat back at B&B. Very expensive for very ordinary meal. All I can say is don't be fooled by chic exterior, unless you are a sparrow eater, don't go. The mains are all around $30+ and my partner ordered the goat, which was no more than a little piece maybe 3cm by 4cm and nothing else on the plate. The beetroot salad had no flavour, honestly tinned beetroot is tastier. And I nearly chocked on my bowl of salt that came with a few potato's... after the rest of the meal was eaten. Many better places, don't waste your money.

• 2 of 5 stars Food