“great historic hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parador Oasis

You added Parador Oasis to your Saves list
Parador Oasis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   72 Calle Luna | P.O. Box 144, San German 00683, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San German
San German, Puerto Rico
“great historic hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

historic hotel with modern facilities ,clean rooms,and nice pool,located nearby all major beaches and historic sites in sw p,r has free wifi,basic cable and free parking.nice courteous staff and gonzales the manager was great and very helpfull

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sabana Grande, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I really had a good experience. The food was great. We danced all night al the Hotel's Club, then we hit the pool at 2 o'clock in the morning since the pool was open 24 hours a day. The staff is very polite. They have done a great job in renovating the whole place. I was here four years ago and there is a huge difference. If you are ever in town, stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room with pool view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had my reservations when I was first recommended to stay here based on past previews, but I have to say it was the best decision ever!
For starters the service was first class all the way! They sincerely appreciated our business and treated us as such. They make you feel as if your more than a guest, your family when your there. The food was superb! Much better than I expected, and I'm a very finiky eater! The area surrounding it is rich and beautiful in history and culture! I would highly recommend this gem! It is not as well known hence less expensive and easier to book.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is very old Hotel. The town is beautiful and very historic, actually a place where the Spanish architecture and the american influences coincide, but the hotel is very small, with a small bar that although is very nicely kept, just doesn't cut it, because the rooms are like... very old fashion. I took some amazing pictures in this town.

Room Tip: Choose the ones away from the pool if you want it quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I visit the Hotel recently and it wasn't as bad as they say here... yes it was old but we have to consider that it is part of the historical places in San German and that it was build in the 80' or so... the rooms they were quite clean, at least they smell good , the sheets were a little stain but clean... the pool was great ;although they were a lot of pigeons around, it was clean... the jacuzzi was ok, no hot water but ok...the WIFI was great... I really enjoyed it till' late... as for the breakfast well it is continetal so you already know what your up to... besides in some parts of the US the breakfast is worst; at least they have coffe and toast... foe me it was quite good... the parking lot well it wasn't my favorite because it was rainy and I got my shoes all dirty cause of the mud but at least we could see our car through the window... and the night life of the city is great ... great rests all around & sport bars... you really have everything really close... for me it was quite good, and I would come back, besides the rates aren't so bad either were can you find a rooms for almost 70 bucks with WIFI,cable,A/C, pool, and a lot of entertaining place closed by... no where..

Room Tip: ask for room 133 for singles is quite nice... and rooms 141 & 110 is quite good for 2>, room...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 via mobile

We checked out minutes after checking in and it tooks a month to get refunded. Run down place, dirty, no elevator running, no electricity in corridors, bad mattress with dirty linen

• Stayed March 2011

Travelers are raving about these San German hotels

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Where do I began? First, I am deeply disappointed in saying that this hotel is a sad, sad place and an absolutely poor reflection of this extremely beautiful, charming historical town. I'm a New Yorker, but a sangermeña at heart. As a child, I admired the beautiful facades that line the streets of this historic town, including the Hotel Oasis. But, do not let the old world feel of this location fool you. As soon as I stepped in I was "welcomed" by an extremely unfriendly woman, who considered the continental breakfast to be sliced white bread, margarine and coffee. The restaurant looked deserted and not regularly used (as does the rest of the hotel, we were the only guests). I passed and headed to the room, here I was welcomed by an extremely small, stuffy room and a dried out lizard near the door. I decided to head to the (outdoor) pool, what a total disaster. Not only was it dirty and filled with leaves and dead insects, it's a pit stop for pigeons. As I laid on a beach chair, I watched two pigeons dive in and take a sip of water. I headed upstairs and what did I find? I giant roach crawling on the toilet! This was it for me, the lady downstairs didn’t seem surprised or could’ve cared less that I was checking out on the same day of arrival. The money still hasn’t been refunded.

The mayor should be ashamed of himself. As I said, I'm a New Yorker and I expect these things on the subway. Not in a hotel, where a little more than three hundred dollars were spent. This place doesn't deserve a cent of the money spent at this disaster. Please, do not let this place stop you from visiting this beautiful town. Do check in at a hotel in a neighboring town and make San German one of your destinations in the west coast. It is just as beautiful as the old San Juan, rich in culture and warm residents.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Parador Oasis? Share your experiences!