“The calzones and pizzas are to die for!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“The calzones and pizzas are to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

We recently fell in love with this out of the way restaurant. We say it's out of the way because it's easy to pass up after dark. It's after Kilometer 168 in the Marginal road that goes off Route #2. The red sauce they use has a great flavor. It's a little sweet and delicious. It is easily the best sauce I've had outside of Ledo's Pizza in Maryland. Their calzones are HUGE. The chicken is flavored with Rosemary and is definitely the best chicken I've had on or in a calzone hands down. My wife, mother and one of my aunts love this place as well. The owner is a sweet lady who sometimes helps out by cooking and even bringing the food to the table.

The other night we were sitting close to the bar and we saw what looked like a bottle of Coquito (Puerto Rican eggnog) sitting on the bar. We asked the waitress if we could have some. She told us that the owner had made it for personal consumption to take home, but she would ask her to see if we could have some. Needless to say the owner let us try it and it was excellent. The best part was that she didn't charge us for it. We suggested to the owner that her Coquito was so good that she should sell it

Their appetizers are also quite tasty. The best appetizer are the fish nuggets (bolitas de pescado). You will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sanbana Grande, Puerto Rico
“" It was very good but"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

Yes the place is not what it was in the pass. It is clean, the service is excellent but the quality of the food is not what it was. The place was one of my favorites for many years but no any longer. They need to do some changes especially with the pizza, the main dish of the place.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“This has been my favorite restaurant for years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Few administration has pass by but food, attention, cleaning, services stay the same. Medium size restaurant with killer pizza and Italian food. Pechuga rellena de bacon, ham and cheese is my favorite with Parmesans cream.

“Good but could be better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The lasagna is just amazing! Best lasagna I've ever eaten! My only concern is the service. It NEEDS to be better as soon as possible! The waitress thought we we're part of her family or something and called us "Mi Amol" & "Mamá". Everything was great except the service. I hope it gets better!

Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
“Good food: Dirty restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been to Palermo’s before so I know the food is good, but I do not go often because the restaurant is filthy. When they remodeled last year, they put in all new tile in the Men’s room and reinstalled the old toilet. On very visit, the toilet is so dirty it looks like it has not been cleaned for months. In addition, there were no paper towels in the Men or Women’s bathrooms. Almost every table was dirty when I went there this week, even though there were no people dining there. Also, there was food under most tables, and dirt in every corner of the restaurant. I enjoyed the food, and it is superior to many restaurants in the area, but I did not go there regularly because it is generally unclean.

• Visited February 2013