“Amazing place for spa break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Felbridge Hotel and Spa

You added Felbridge Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Felbridge Hotel and Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   London Road, East Grinstead RH19 2BH, England (Formerly The Felbridge Hotel)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in East Grinstead
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing place for spa break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was my second visit to this place and it was amazing. Everything about this place is great.
From rooms to staff and food all great. Whether you go with friends or partner all good.
The rooms are comfortable and large.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CarlRundgren, Manager at Felbridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Our main aim is to have happy returning customers, and its great to hear that you have found your second stay as enjoyable and relaxing as the first. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for posting your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Well we have stayed here now 3 times for a nice break and its great..lovely room. Food amazing and the spa and treatments are great! A real treat and a lovely romantic get away too...Fully reccomended and will be returning hopefully soon.

• Stayed March 2012
And we are looking forward to giving you a warm Felbridge welcome when you do return. Thanks for the fantastic review and until your next visit, keep well.
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Me and my partner visited this hotel and spa for 2 nights in order to celebrate our valentines and anniversary together, there's nothing i could fault! The rooms are perfect and the spa was amazing, you can use it whenever you like at no cost. The staff we're very friendly, we had the breakfast deal in which we got cooked full english both mornings which was scrumptious. The only downfall i think it had was the bay tree restaurant, it was very quiet and as for food it was way over priced and there wasn't much to choose from but overall it was a excellent stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlRundgren, Manager at Felbridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Brilliant to hear that you had a great weekend with your partner last weekend. I am surprised to hear your comments about the Bay Tree regarding lack of choice on the menu as there are something like 35 dishes on this menu!!

A scrumptious breakfast is very important as we all know that this is the most important meal of the day. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at some point.
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I had a bit of an unfortunate stay at the Felbridge hotel. We had booked the overnight spa trip for £238.

We arrived at the hotel and upon entry we were greeted by a clean, well laid out reception and a smiley receptionist. We checked in and were given brief directions to our room, but we did have the offer of help with our bags, which I think is an improvement after reading some older reviews.

We got to our superior double room and couldn't see a thing, so we fumbled for the light switches, which did nothing. Then for the lamps, which also didn't switch on. My other half found the phone with the light from his mobile and phoned reception, who told us we need to put our room key in the slot near the door to switch on the electricity. It ruined our first impression of the room a tad that they forgot to tell us this when we checked in. We had a peek out the window to a terrible view of a huge hedge and some wood construction materials in an alleyway.

We did our room check and when opening the wardrobe we were horrified to find a grotty pair of socks on the shelf from a previous customer. I'm still haunted by the image now. I think the housekeeper was rather distracted when they got to our room as the bin was also full of coffee and empty packets, and a glob of hair.

We had massages booked for 4pm and we went down 20 mins early. We had robes and slippers with the room (My other half had one with a yellow stain on the shoulders/collar which made him uneasy) and were able to wear them down to the spa. We got there before quarter to and filled out the health forms. When we handed them in we were told to wait for the therapists. They arrived just after 4 and we were confused as to why they were introducing themselves to us individually, then we were incredibly disappointed to discover they don't have double massage rooms so we were in separate rooms. I was so miserable and really not relaxed, as we usually hold hands when we receive massages (I know, soppy fools). The therapist was a lovely lady, she was very calm and asked me if there were any specific points of tension. The actual massage was really painful (She said I was really knotted) and I wish I spoke up and said something as I felt quite a lot of pain the following day too.

Afterwards we went in to the pool area and relaxed in the jacuzzi for a while. It was a lovely layout in the pool area and the jacuzzi was larger than that of of other hotels.

I was rather disappointed to see that you only get 1 hour of free internet when you plug your laptop in on the room desk. I think it was £6 per hour after that.

The food menu and room service was a bit too posh for us, we're a bit of a McDonalds couple.

I genuinely take my hat off to the manager; Carl. He dealt with our complaints well particularly as after all of it plus back ache from the massage, I was rather upset. He offered us an alternative room should we decide to stay, and met us directly to personally apologise when we decided to go home. He refunded our money and called my Fiancé the day up to ensure we got home okay and were feeling better. Because of the service I find myself wanting to try and exaggerate the positive points of our stay, which is a change for me. The customer service we received during our short time is second to none, and is the reason for me leaving a more positive than usual review when we weren't fully happy. I wouldn't discourage anyone visiting the hotel, as I know our negative experiences are rare. And we'll most likely be back for the £15 a day spa passes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting your review and I am glad that the whole unfortunate experience you had with us has not put you off returning. As I said to you before you left us that evening, the whole situation surrounding he cleanliness of the bedroom was most unusual for us as we are normally very proud of how clean the rooms are. The issues that you found in your bedroom were very much a human error and these should have been dealt with by our housekeeping team before you checked in.

I am glad that you will be back for another visit, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Not a bad hotel at all, staff were friendly and polite and there was a good relaxing atmosphere.

Room was nice and bed was really comfy! Bathroom could do with a touch and tidy up decoration wise but otherwise clean.

Only pain was we had our breakfast delivered to the room which was stone cold when it turned up! Disappointing when it cost £14.95 each with a £3.50 tray charge, so probably best to go to the restaurant if you want it hot!

• Stayed February 2013
Really great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologise for the room service not being at the desired temperature when it arrived to your bedroom. I have asked our food service team to be more wary of ensuring the food is piping hot when it leaves the kitchen and then to get the food up to the bedroom as quickly as possible after leaving the kitchen. I am glad that this did not detract from what was otherwise a very enjoyable stay with us.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

A really nice modern hotel with funky bathrooms and decor. Efficient check in process and good service at the bar. Rooms can overlook a communal lawn where there may be events going on in the summer that could be disruptive to peace & quiet.

Other than that, a very nice hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to hostng you again at some point.
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

With a very early morning flight from Gatwick and the weather being bad, we decided to stay somewhere near the airport. Found the Felbridge Hotel online which had good reviews. We were not disappointed. Arrived mid afternoon, settled into our well appointed room and went to relax in their Spa (robes provided in the bedroom). The Spa has a lovely pool, sauna and steam room and relaxing beds to 'chill out' on which we did. Had a relaxed drink at the bar and an evening meal in the Hotel's restaurant. It was a little quiet but the food and staff were excellent. Following our meal, we headed off for an early night and alarm call for our 3.45am departure. The hotel package included an 'executive' style transfer which was excellent. The driver, who was immaculately dressed in a beautiful suit, was waiting in Reception to assist with cases. He had a lovely sparklingly clean car, was very friendly and gave us a comfortable transfer to the airport. On our return, after a preplanned telephone call when luggage had arrived, a friendly driver was very shortly with us for our swift transfer back to the Hotel to collect the car. We would highly recommend this hotel package and the helpful and friendly staff really do care and are genuinely interested if you had a good time. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlRundgren, Manager at Felbridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Really pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and were able to de-stress before jetting off for a what I am sure was a fantastic holiday. We hope to welcome you back for a relaxing break in the future and thank you for your kind words these will be passed onto the team.

Been to Felbridge Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!