“Very good value for money” 3 of 5 stars

Wetherspoon's East Grinstead
King Street, East Grinstead, England
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
“Very good value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Given the deals they have for set meals / beer this place really offers good value.
O.K the place is sole less but the food we had [we have been here on a few occasions] has always been of good quality and the beer kept well.
I agree with a previous comment re : clouds of fag smoke by the entrance
Nothing can be done about this save give the smokers that ' You will be dead before me' look !

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Wetherspoons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Average eating place but good value for money. If you want haute cuisine, go elsewhere. This is a no frills, value for money eatery.

Visited July 2012
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Souless place, poorly managed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

When you see some of the beautiful pubs that Wetherspoons have around the country it is just East Grinstead's luck that it is saddled with this dull, souless place. You must really need a drink badly to fight your way through the clouds of cigarette smoke and dog ends at the front door. The service is appalling, its helps if you are a regular as they appear to have their own fast track to the head of the queue, the food awful ( my friend found a hair in his burger ). I know the drink is cheap but there are better places to spend your time in East Grinstead.

Visited September 2012
“Fairly Typical....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This Wetherspoons is pretty typical of the chain with cheap drink and fairly average food at a reasonable price. Although Wetherspoons pubs are generally dark, the East Grinstead one is particularly dark. It probably feels a bit more claustraphic due to the low ceiling having previously been a bowling alley.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“What you expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I've visited many other Wetherspoons bars before and wasn't disappointed with EG's.

My fiancé took advantage of the 2 for £5 Budweisers while I had 4 for £5 shots to add to my apple vodka (As they no longer do my Cherry Orchard cocktail). Shots will be expensive wherever you decide to drink out.

I had no issues with the staff, I found the ladies to be rather pleasant and informative. The place was cleaner than other 'Spoons I've visited, and it was rather quiet on the Sunday and Monday evenings we visited. We were too tempted by the quiz machine and ended up spending a lot of money.

I think what generally lets the place down on occasion is the actual guests, as you can sometimes get people coming over from the clubs and being rather rowdy and apparently often violent. So visit evening and on a weekday.

Can not judge the food as I am yet to eat there. I recommend Charcoal Grill down the road

• Visited August 2012