“Nice location, very efficient staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Whittlebury Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Whittlebury, Towcester NN12 8QH, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Towcester
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Nice location, very efficient staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Was here for a work conference so no time to sample the facilities offered by the hotel - which was a shame.

The rooms are spacious and well equipped - nice having a plug socket near the bed for phone charger!

Shower was a little temperamental trying to get a steady temperature.

Staff are super efficient. For such a large hotel and a large conference the speed and efficiency of service was first class.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Kev-B-Lin,

Thank You for your recent review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to read that your stay with us was first class. We aim to ensure every guest receives the same high standards of service.

I do hope we can welcome you back to us in the near future and that you can sample some of the facilities on site next time.

Ruth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Visited on 15th March, which as a complementary visit due to there being a problems when we went in January with the ventilation.

On the whole, it was better than January, but as I have been going to Whittlebury for a number of years, I can safely say that is is lovely... but going down hill. With all the special offers, the spa is over crowded and there is a element of waiting for all of the things there. The staff are always nice and helpful, the food is always lovely...... Just not as 'special' as it used to be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear RaineP04,

Thank you for your recent review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa.

I am glad to read that you find your stays here lovely and that the staff are nice and helpful. We always aim to ensure every guest feels pampered and relaxed.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Buckingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hubby and I took the opportunity of the Daughter having 6 friends to stay the night to have a bit of Us time at Whittlebury Hall. We like WH, we've been before for parties and work, and have used the spa facilities. It's a lovely place in a beautiful location. We stayed one night on a D, B & B basis.
We enjoyed pre dinner drinks in the Silverstone Bar and whilst Hubby watched the (appalling) rugby match, I read the papers.
We had a 3 course dinner in the Astons restaurant. I had melon with a raspberry mousse for my starter and whilst said mousse was really good, the melon was dry and tasteless. Shoudn't have had it on the plate! My brisket however was delicious, wish I could have eaten more of it. Hubby really enjoyed his steak.
Breakfast, as often the case when there are many guests, was plentiful but not hot, too many opening and closing of lids! Tasty enough though.
Our room was comfortable but we didn't realise that not having a window would make the night very stuffy and therefore our sleep was fitful. We should have asked for another room. We will next time! And the radiator rattled through most of the night!! If I'd been asleep perhaps I wouldn't have noticed!!
In all, we did have a good stay and we will go again and stay again, but we are wiser and will make better decisions.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window! Otherwise, the floors are quiet, you won't hear anyone moving about o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ana H,

Thank You for your recent review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to read that you had a good stay here and that you are returning guests. We do try to ensure that every guest leaves here feeling pampered and relaxed.

I am delighted to read that you will stay with us again and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Andover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here many times before but first time I thought to review it.
Stayed in room 147 which is a club room and very nice it was, clean and spacious with a big bathroom.

Nice tray of free goodies on the table including a small bottle of wine and some munches although a card advising they are free may be a good idea.

Overall the biggest issue we had was with the groups of noisy women on Spa Weekends or I should translate that to screech shout and drink far to much with lots of door slamming weekend.

Not everyone wants a noisy weekend!!!!

Dinner was in Astons which was OK but not spectacular but the Lemon Meringue pie for pudding was delicious.

Hotel has undergone a wash and brush up over the last 12 months especially in the business rooms and it looks very good for it.

Breakfast was served in the Aston suite again and was fine, that said I do like my bacon well cooked but most of the rashers on offer could have been brought back to life by a good vet!!

Overall a very pleasant stay and would have scored higher of not for the disappointing Chicken Jambonette for dinner and the "noisy element"

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear QALVINCE,

Thank you for your recent review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted to read that your stay here gave you one of our nice luxury club rooms. They are very spacious and allow that little bit more space for movement.

I am glad you have noticed that we are constantly updating and renewing the hotel. This is something we are pushing forward with and hope every guest feels and sees the difference.

I hope we can welcome you back to Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Having read recent reviews I must admit to feeling more than a little anxious about my visit to Whittlebury Hall and Spa - when I arrived they had no record of our booking for that night, they thought we were staying the following night - this was soon rectified, and we were given a Club Room on the top floor at the end of a corridor, so reasonably quiet. There was a function going on in the Hotel, which we had been warned about - so couldn't understand the mix up over the booking - only a little noisy from inconsiderate guests at 3.30 in the morning. Our package included an evening meal in the Aston Restaurant which was lovely with 3 or 4 choices of each course, Prawn Noodle Salad, Braised Lamb Shank & Cheese Board (£5 supplement for the cheese). Extensive breakfast choices the following morning, checked out of room, then onto the Spa - our package included 4 treatments, so we made the most of the Heat & Ice experience rooms before it got too busy, then on for a Facial, Lunch of Salads, Massage, Pedicure and Manicure. Not busy in the Spa at all on the Thursday we were there - I wish I had thought about getting an appointment to have my hair done at the end of the day. The staff were very helpful, always polite and everywhere we went was clean and tidy - the changing rooms were a little crowded at the end of the day, but this did not spoil anything about the stay.

Room Tip: We were in Room 261, large corner room overlooking the Golf course, fairly quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear esjaywallis,

Thank you for your recent review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa.

I am glad your stay at Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa was an excellent break and that despite a couple of minor issues everything went well. We always aim to ensure that every guest leaves feeling pampered and relaxed. It sounds as though your meals and treatments left you feeling this way.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Abbots Langley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Lovely stay but an overnight stay finished at 11am the next day. Not only did we have to vacate the room then but we were unable to use any other facilities for the rrst of the day. Most overnight spas allow full access on day 2! I was told on the phone ehen booking thst we only had to vacate the room at 11am but could stay in the spa all day - not true! So an overnihht stay was basically one day,!

• Stayed February 2013
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear 23AnneH,

Thank You for your review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your overnight stay here at Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa. We aim ensure that everyone leaves feeling relaxed and pampered. We do confirm in writing before you arrive what your package includes so this should not be a problem.

I do hope you will return to us in the future.

MILTON KEYNES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We will happily admit to going here twice a year to get some serious de-stress / pampering time. My visit this time was 27th Feb for 2 nights. I was very concerned to see all the negative comments that had been made and went there expecting a real drop in standards and was watching out for these. I could not see any issues and all we kept seeing was great customer service and fantastic treatments. Being nosy I asked a couple of staff about the negative reviews and the feedback I got was a) that a lot of them were made following weekend visits and b) there had been one period were they had accepted bookings to their maximum. I appreciate that that is not much consolation to those who did not enjoy their visits. If you are considering visiting here - try Tuesdays & Wednesday's and even Thursday at a pinch. Fridays to Mondays are busy. The Wednesday that we were there had about 40 people in total on the day. I would also recommended the new Clarins Tri-active facial - best ever facial and worth every penny! Service in Aston's really good - in fact good enough that I left a tip and that takes some doing. We will be going back and all I can do is recommended that you avoid weekends if you can and particularily is tribute acts on in evening as this really does impact during the day Try it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
louruth, General Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear LindaM53,

Thank you for your recent review.

We were delighted to read you had a great stay at Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa. The Spa is very popular and we strive to ensure that all guests receive the same high standards every time they visit.

I do hope you will be able to visit again in the future and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Ruth

Been to Whittlebury Hall? Share your experiences!