“Very relaxing, excellent food and lovely rooms.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Whittlebury Hall to your Saves list
Whittlebury Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Whittlebury, Towcester NN12 8QH, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Towcester
“Very relaxing, excellent food and lovely rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a night with my boyfriend as a birthday treat. We stayed on the escape and spa stay, which included full use of the spa, a treatment, lunch, dinner and a nights stay. On arrival we were checked in immediately at reception. The staff were very polite and courteous. Our room wasn't available until the afternoon, so we spent the day in the spa which was so relaxing. We then had lunch in the terrace cafe which was a buffet. The food was lovely and although it was a little slow to get seated, the service once we were sat down was very quick. I would recommend the smoothies, although expensive, well worth the money. Our room was huge and the bathroom was a good size, with double sinks and a shower over the bath. The evening meal was in Astons restaurant and the food was gorgeous. The service from the staff was prompt and they were polite. We would definitley return again. We stayed midweek and we would stay midweek again as I can imagine it gets very busy at the weekends, especially when the Grand Prix is on.

• Stayed June 2012
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear sallyann300

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review.

I was delighted to read that you and your boyfriend totally enjoyed your stay with us in June and that every aspect you experienced was good - from the Spa to the rooms and food and that the staff were all polite and courteous. Thank you for taking the time to review us with your feedback and your kind comments have been passed on to the teams.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back to Whittlebury Hall in the future.

Kind regards, Ruth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We seem to always come back to Whittlebury. Have stayed here 3 times on an overnight stay so far with another one booked for a couple of months time. The rooms we have stayed in have always been top quality and very spacious. the staff are always helpful and very friendly, Ideal if you want to get away from the city life and or just relax being pampered. A nice sports bar with F1 memorabilia around the walls - an absolute must stay for any F1 enthusiast as it's located very near by Silverstone but the high lite for our stay was without a doubt the breakfast!! a truly remarkable end to some very memorable experiences. We were quite fortunate as we always seem to get a good deal through compare websites and as mentioned previously will be returning soon.
p.s also a Golf course alongside the hotel.

Room Tip: Always good deals for this hotel on various websites, shop around.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JoDazPlumb

Thank you for your recent review and your continued support and business - it is very much appreciated.

I am delighted to read that you continue to enjoy your visits to Whittlebury Hall and thank you for your kind comments, which I have passed on to the teams. It is lovely to read that the staff are helpful and friendly and that you do enjoy the breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Whittlebury Hall in the near future and again and again!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Booked for a break. Tried to prebook treatments took 3 days and many phone calls to be told fully booked for myself but managed to get husband in. Arrived 6pm told we coul use spa facilities til 11am the next day got up at 8.30 and went to a busy unorganised spa reception was told we couldn't use spa facilities we could only use them on day of arrival which contradicted what we had already been told. Even though we had paid for my husbands treatment we were completely turned off by the experience and left. Nothing was relaxing everything was hassle and no One knew their ar5e from their elbow. Would never revisit. This is not a spa experience more of a hotel / conference centre with a bolt on attempt at a spa Ragdale for me everytime !!

• Stayed June 2012
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Jonesmich

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in June.

I am most sorry that you were disappointed with your personal experience at Whittlebury Hall.

All of our residential Spa Packages (except two) include full use of the Heat & Ice & Spa facilities on day of arrival and use of the Leisure Club (swimming pool and gym) up till 11am on day of departure. This is clearly advised on the confirmation letter that would have been sent and also on the website and I am most sorry for any misunderstanding. Treatments are indeed very popular and I am sorry if you were unable to enjoy and experience your chosen treatment due to availability.

Unlike Ragdale Hall and similar Health Farm/Spa's, Whittlebury Hall is a hotel with one of the largest hotel spa's in the country and we also have a Management Training Centre with conference and function facilities and this is how we advertise ourselves.

I do hope that perhaps you would be kind enough to reconsider and give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves as I can assure you that if you were to visit again you would be looked after.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I mainly chose Whittlebury Hall due to how close it is to silverstone race course- on arrival the receptionist was lovely and friendly, and we didnt have to wait too long to check in. Our room was very large and spacious, very clean and tidy, very nice.

The only issue was dining at Astons. Our starter arrived within 10 minutes of us ordering! Seems an odd thing to be annoyed about, as I understand at times some times you can wait a long time for food, but it didnt seem right! Also as soon as our plates were taken, our main arrived within 5 minutes. Speedy indeed, but it didnt allow for an "informal relaxing atmosphere". Going out for a meal is meant to be an enjoyable experience, not just about the food. Also, the food was very salty and seemed a lot to pay £30 each, for 2 courses. However, this was the only issue with the hotel overall. Would return to the hotel and will use the spa next time ;0)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jcooper2

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted that the Receptionist was lovely and friendly and that you were pleased with the size and cleanliness of your room and thank you for your kind comments.

Your valued feedback regarding the evening meal has been passed on to the Executive Head Chef and Restaurant Manager and they have asked me to forward on their apologies if the meal did not meet your expectations. Although the service should indeed be timed with space between each course, everybody has their own personal expectations, if you were kind enough to visit us again, I would kindly suggest a little word to your waiter to halt each course to your own specifications - this will of course be handled with our pleasure.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back and that you get to enjoy and experience the Spa as well.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Nice short stay over the jubilee weekend which ment they were very busy. Good facilities and average restaurant. I was originally given room 221 but when I went to the room there was a very loud noise from the extractor fan right out side the window. I went back to reception and asked to change rooms, which they did. Spa/pool is nice but closes a little year at 8pm.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear Jonesy-uk

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay over the Jubilee weekend in June. I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback and your comments have been duly noted.

All of our 212 bedrooms do vary in size, decor and location and I am glad that Reception were able to move you to an alternative room during your stay.

Saturdays & Sundays and Bank Holiday's the Spa and Leisure Club are open from 8am - 8pm, however Mon-Fri the facilities are open till 10pm.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Whittlebury Hall in the future.

Farnham, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Just returned from my 5th stay at Whittlebury Hall. My husband and I had afternoon tea, dinner, bed and breakfast. Upgraded to a club room for £15 as part of a Jubilee Promotion (usually £30) which was really good value.

Check-in was painless although the hotel was very quiet so not many people around. We went to use the pool/jacuzzi/steam/sauna and again, it was very quiet with plenty of beds round the pool. Towels were provided and the changing facilities were extensive and all very clean. At one point, I had the whole pool to myself which was lovely! Pool temperature was warm and very inviting. The chlorine levels in the jacuzzi are a little high though and my husband's eyes were red when he got out but apart from that, it was all very nice.

Dinner was nice but there was an £11.95 supplement for steak which I thought was a bit steep and 1 small and 1 large glass of wine came to £12.50! Most of the waiting staff are foreign but our waiter was lovely and very attentive, so much so that I commented on how good he was to the manager on our way out. Its a large hotel and there 3 or 4 choices for each course so it can feel a little conveyor belt-like with the same meals being churned out in high volume but plates were hot, food was tasty and for £60pp, we were very happy.

I had a very sound nights sleep although hubby heard some banging coming from the room next door. Reasonable number of channels on the tv and WiFi is just about there (enough for browsing but not Skype) but much stronger in public areas. All very clean with Elemis toiletries, double basins and heated towel rail but water pressure in the shower was disappointing. Robes were a bit 'crispy' but I can cope with that.

Breakfast was a buffet with a good selection of cereal. fruit and cooked. Sausages were particularly good, bacon quite salty and toast was limp but we both came away feeling full.

We each had a treatment in the Day Spa which was also quiet but maybe thats just Mondays? It has been much busier when I've been on previous visits. My ESPA body polish was lovely and hubby had Dry Floatation (his 1st ever treatment) which he said was nice but felt a bit weird as treatments aren't really his thing. We then went and chilled in the 'Quiet Room' which had 15 sun loungers with towelling mattresses and duvets, dimmed lights and what I call 'plinky plinky music'. Again, we were the only ones in the room and it was very relaxing. Only negative was that both the robes supplied in our lockers smelled of frying. If we had been there for the whole day, I would have asked for another one but didn't bother as we were only there for an hour. TIP: Take flip-flops, otherwise you have to buy the spa slippers for £3.

In all, another enjoyable stay at Whittlebury and we both said we would look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Club Rooms: If upgrading, ask for one at the front of the hotel as they overlook the golf course, ot...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sambo27

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review following your 5th visit to Whittlebury and firstly thank you for being a regular visitor.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our guest service. Your comments have been duly noted and where we can, we will look into the various issues you have raised.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your Jubilee visit in June and I hope to welcome you and your husband back to Whittlebury Hall for your 6th visit in the near future.

Spaldwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My Best Friend treated me to a spa break for my 40th Birthday. It was a wonderful experience and the Hotel and Staff were superb. I keep dreaming of coming back here but it hasn't happened yet!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear blottie

Thank you for your recent review.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Whittlebury Hall last year to celebrate your 40th birthday and that you found the hotel and staff to be superb and thank you for your kind comments.

Perhaps one of your friends can treat you to a Whittlebury Hall gift card for your next birthday or Christmas and then you will be able to return for another lovely stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards, Ruth

Been to Whittlebury Hall? Share your experiences!