“Great for MotoGP, silverstone” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rignall Farm Barns Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Towcester
Rignall Farm Barns Motel
You added Rignall Farm Barns Motel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Abthorpe Road | Handley Park, Towcester NN12 8PA, England   |
Ranked #17 of 27 Towcester B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Great for MotoGP, silverstone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Rignall Farm for the MotoGp weekend 2012 and were very happy. We had a twin room around the courtyard area with our own entrance to come and go as we pleased. The ensuite room came complete with a mini kitchen and a supply of cereals, milk, bread, jams etc., all very welcome after a long day at Silverstone. An ideal place for people who like to do their own thing, our hosts left us to enjoy our stay but made us aware they were on hand if required, overall a really peaceful, enjoyable and hassle free experience. Have already booked again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Booked a twin bedded room with breakfast for 2 nights for my son and I, was surprised when we arrived to find that one of the beds was a "put you up " and that breakfast was on a self service basis, everything in your own room and the bread was not that fresh. After a day out I was surprised when we returned that our room had not been tidied,breakfast things not washed up,bin not emptied and beds not made and the same loaf bread left for our breakfast the next day.
As we left early the next morning and did not see the owner I sent him a polite e-mail pointing out my disappointment with Rignall Farm saying that I felt it did not come up to 3 star standards.I was amazed when he replied telling me in a very aggressive and abusive way "it was a sofa bed not a "put you up" and he had not charged any extra for it !! and it was not his job to clean up the breakast things, make the beds or even empty the bins".
The best thing of all was his final remark saying " don't try to book here again as your booking wont be accepted"!!! Next trip away...... Fawlty Towers!!
There are several other things I could add ie hairs in the bed, wardrobe not fit to use, dirty shower etc
So be warned stay here at your own risk!!!!!! and if you feel the need to complain I would not recommend doing it face to face, unless you are a quick runner!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ray j, Owner at Rignall Farm Barns Motel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
READERS PLEASE NOTE. There is no suggestion here that RIGNALL FARM MOTEL is dirty or noisey or sruffy or dangerous so what is the problem? This reviewer not to speak to us at the time and then left it 2 weeks before sending us an email to the effect he wasn't happy and what were we going to do about it to stop him "reporting us"!! The truth of this stay is the reviewer paid £30 pppn to stay in a 3* en suit family studio over a premium rated weekend, with a major meeting on at the nearby Silverstone Circuit that he attended, which we alocated him at no extra cost to provide the "twin" he wanted in the form of a double bed and PROPER sprung bed settee and he was told this at time of booking. It is correct that our B&B option is comprehensive continental breakfast in the room and this is explained to all guests at enquiry stage and is referred to in other previous reviews, with cooked items available if ordered the night before, and significantly exceeds the Visit England 3* requirement. All food is bought fresh and placed in the room just before arrival and then daily topped up to replace items consumed. As this guest emailed us in exactly the same vane we do know who it is and took up with him the thoroughly disgusting way he treated the accommodation, infact the worst we have ever experienced, leaving perishably food, some half open used and unused lying around along with soiled used crockery, which we tidied up & away after the first night stay, and the room totally untidy! As far as service and interaction is concerned we believe in leaving guest to have as much privacy as they seek so we'll talk and chat all day long when appropriate otherwise keep out of the way and rooms until requested. Since this stay coincidently we have been reinspected by Visit England and were yet again awarded 3 & 4 star ratings for something like the 10th consecutive year!! Our occupancy rate exceeds 90% so we must be doing something right but as they say you can't please everyone all the time!! Finally hands up; the reviewer email criticisms were responded to along with comments on the disgusting way the accommodation was treated hence we believe this bias negative slanderous review. We are saddened when guest feel Trip Advisor is a great way to "have a go" when a provider vigorously defends themselves! We pride ourselves in being great value for money; we don't try to pretend to be a Hilton or Savoy of the B&B trade we're just a family run farm motel like accommodation provider located on an Equestrian smallholding set in Doomsday recorded open countryside with dogs and horses and peace and quiet AND clean reasonably priced en suit rooms; what you see is what you get. Thanks for your time reading this response from all at RIGNALL FARM.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I stayed here for the 2011 British AirAsia MotoGP. This place is in a perfect location and literally 10 mins from the circuit! There are lots of horses in the fields and it is beautiful. It is just off a road and down a track from a roundabout but you don't here any noise! There is a McDonalds and an M and S and petrol station 2 minutes down the road. There is also a nice pub/restaurant in the next village down and lots of places to choose from. Breakfast was nice and they let you do your own thing. Will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The owner was so helpful even when we took the wrong turn to get there, room was ready early so we could leave our bags and went on to see the Day of Champions.
The room was wlecoming and bed very comfortable. Plenty of food in the fridge and cupboard. en suite was just as described. has table and chairs outside to use if wanted. room had iron and board, hairdryer if we needed , What more can we say. we are staying again next year

Room Tip: Book early but all rooms are good.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Myself and my wife stayed here last September. The location was fantastic, but the site was like a building site with animals running about (I realise it is a farm, but I dont like yappy dogs running loose). Rooms will be lovely once they are finished.
The whole place had a feeling of 'Wrong Turn' about it.
Just a little bit too weird for us.
Room was good, no complaints there, quite clean, as they were new.
We were going to stay longer but couldnt stick it out. Will head to the local holiday inn next time.
Overall, the views were great, but the place could do with being a bit friendlier....felt like we didnt want to leave the room.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
ray j, Owner at Rignall Farm Barns Motel, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
We believe this review, that was made 6 months after a visit without any referal to us prior, was also the subject of an "official" complaint via Farm Stay one of the organisations we are members of. Both Farm Stay & Visit England have reinspected us since and find the issues raised basically a matter of not meeting expectations rather than being in any way substandard (3/4 star ETA rated) since we are not and do not pretend to be a "Holiday Inn" being very much a working rural equestrian small holding with dogs and the like and occasional incomplete building work providing guest with superior facilites and accommodation as clearly was the situation here since the comment refers to them being in a new room.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed at Rignall Farm Barns for the Le Mans Series' event at Silverstone Circuit. After a warm welcome I was led into my room and I was astonished: a huge room in a converted barn with a marvellous view over the British countryside, a complete kitchen and an en-suite room with a bath tub! Absolutely great value for the money that I would never have expected!

The continental breakfast I had ordered consisted of cereals, milk, rolls, bread, jam etc. which I was supplied with on the first day and would have been topped-up if I had required it.

The only negative aspect for me as a car-less traveller was the distance to the next bus stop (almost a mile / 1,5km) and that there are no busses to Silverstone on Sunday, but the B&B owner helped me out with the phone number of a very reasonable taxi service. At the end of my stay he even gave me a lift to the city centre, which was very nice - very good service all in all, the four points is just because I have to compare it to one other B&B with absolutely unreachable service ;-)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

My son and I needed a B & B close to Silverstone for us to stay at for the Renault World Series this weekend.
Pre-booking was very easy, booking form sent with directions well in advance.
Arriving late afternoon we were greeted by the owner who took us where we would be sleeping. We certainly didn't expect what was allocated to us.Our room was a converted barn, with a massive living space which included a fully fitted kitchen and bathroom. Two double beds, settee, dining table the works.
This would have made a fantastic apartment let alone a motel room!
The owner was helpful throughout, breakfast was a continental supplied on the day of arrival with fresh milk, bread, croissants, scones, orange juice.
Open plan with windows overlooking a field and a friendly horse who was usually on the look out for titbits from the guests. (be warned the fence does carry a bit of jolt if you touch the wire!)
The only fault I could find was the lack of toiletries for unprepared guests, but I can imagine if they were asked for then they would have appeared.
Great Value (£50 for twin) Great location, despite being close to the A43 you couldn't hear the traffic.
Would we go again, definitely, recommend, yes.

Thank you Rignall Farm Barns for wonderful dtay.

Tanya and Gareth Howes

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Rignall Farm Barns Motel? Share your experiences!