“Not that special...” 1 of 5 stars

01933 222522
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Bookings and walk-ins welcomeGood for groups or partiesGood for childrenTakeawayDeliveryTable serviceAn ideal dining experience of Indian food at its best. Visit our Facebook page for great offers updated daily.
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Not that special...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I visited on a weekday and quite frankly wasn't as impressed as others I must say. Maybe I am missing the point but I found the service to be overbearing-being made welcome is fine but not too much that it takes the shine off the evening. The ambience seemed odd although there were other diners in, it wasn't the nicest of interiors ive been in and even the chairs I have the same in my dining room - also could see the tablecloths were dirty probably why darker ones are used so they dont need replacing as often and my drink came in a dirty glass-not good. Popadoms tasted a bit odd but Food when presented was nice but flavour of each of the four medium hot curries was almost exactly he same (we ordered 4 different medium dishes)-suggests one sauce used for all maybe? Have had much much better and can easily say it will take much much more to even get to average standards for me as I just don't agree with others - Wellingborough has far better to offer in my opinion.

Visited April 2013
FunkySpice W, Manager at Funky Spice, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for the review on your experience at Funky Spice. Any review we receive both positive and negative are always taken very seriously in order to improve our services and give every customer the experience they hope to receive.

I regret to hear you found the service to be unsatisfactory and would like to apologize for this. It is a shame you found the ambiance as well as the interior to be unappealing as this is something our customers rave about highly. You also mentioned having the same dining chairs as us - which we take as a compliment. Our aim at Funky Spice is to provide a homely experience and our decor is specifically done to achieve this.

Also, I apologise for the dirty glass you mentioned having. It is unfortunate you did not bring this to our attention when dining in, as we would have replaced it immediately. Since we were not made aware of this, we assume that you were happy to carry on drinking from it.

Furthermore, you stated that all our dishes taste the same and that our service was poor. Even though we work to the highest standard possible, mistakes are easily made and we can only improve by genuine customer feedback. It is a shame that you endured all this but could not mention any of it to a team member who could have rectified it and made your experience better.

Finally, I would like to politely remind you that our table cloth is, in fact pure crisp white and not ‘darker’ like you mentioned. But since you have dined at Funky Spice, of course you were aware of that.

Thank You.

93% Recommend
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place, fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We were greeted and looked after by Ruhen, who is a genuinely nice guy, extremely polite and very helpful. The menu gives great choice, the food is always presented beautifully and tastes fantastic. I've eaten here many times with my family and the food never ceases to amaze! All of the staff are always very friendly and welcoming. They still have that personal touch, which not many places have anymore. If you haven't eaten here, treat yourself.. go and try this restaurant, you won't be disappointed! Amazing place.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Very good! Keep up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Had a lovely evening with friends , spent a nice time after a while as had day off from work. Excellent value and really tasty. Staff are helpful and friendly. Will definitely go back. Thanks!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
northampton
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I recently went to this restaurant with my girlfriend and had such a great meal I thought I would write a review.

On arrival we were greeted by Shamin who showed us to our table that was brilliantly laid out. Our drinks were brought to us very quickly as were our poppadom’s and pickles that were very fresh.

The menu was fantastic with plenty of variety. We opted for the set menu, starter, main, side dish and either nann or rice for only £8.95 which is amazing value given the quality of the food.

The starters were brought out piping hot and the lamb tikka I had was one of the best I have ever had.

For my main course I opted for a chicken vindaloo which was just right and there was plenty of it. The rice was very fresh and the honey and chilli naan was something I had never seen before and was great.

This is probably the best Indian restaurant I have ever been to and I will definantly be going back again.

“Fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I are regulars at this restaurant. The food is really tasty, and the chicken pakora in particular are very good! Service is always prompt and friendly, and the prices are very reasonable. The mid-week 5 course deal is particularly good value! In short- go and try it out, you won't regret it! :)