“Lovely welcoming pub” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
North Yorkshire
“Lovely welcoming pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

A friend and I went to the Moor and Pheasant last night (Thursday) we were greeted by two lovely smiling girls behind the bar. After we ordered our drinks we were shown to our table by the waiter.
We decided on the food and we placed our order, everything from start to finish was perfect.
Lovely friendly staff, warm and clean and the food excellent. The waiter could not have done any more the service was perfect.
I went to work today and mentioned my experience to a lot of people because I think word of mouth is the best form of advertising. Keep up the good work.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

York, United Kingdom
“Oh dear, what a drop in standards”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

We have enjoyed many a drink and meal here in the past. The last two visits have been terrible. Bar service and welcome so bad we left on the second occasion without even ordering. We waited at bar while couple in front complained about their starter (seemingly onto deaf ears of staff). They left and we still waited. Staff appeared and disappeared, no acknowledgement that we were standing there. No one else was being served. We left and found another restaurant.
So disappointed.....bring back Greig.

Visited September 2013
Moor_Pheasant, Manager at Moor and Pheasant, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Myself and the team are sorry to hear the negative comments surrounding your visits to the Moor and Pheasant.
We are sorry that you did not seem to have the same experience that you have previously enjoyed. We pride ourselves on our upholding consistently attentive and welcoming standards of service and I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. We hope to see you back in the near future so we can restore your faith in the Moor and Pheasant.

Fred and the Team
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent food lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a fab meal here with a group of friends, the food was the best and the dessert well beyond expectations!! The service was just as good and as we own a B&B locally we highly recommend this pub, and as yet all our guests have thought the same! Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2013
Yorkshire
“Second trip and WILL be coming again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The interior décor and out door seating of this lovely pub and restaurant make it quite hard to choose where to sit.
The menu was super tempting and the Early bird was great value for great quality food.
The staff were very attentive and really pleasant.
This was my second visit, I brought guests and they were equally impressed.
I will definitely be returning.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“This will become a regular eating place now!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My third visit here but first on a Saturday lunch-time. Did not disappoint! Busy (I think it is popular with visitors staying at the adjacent holiday site?) but we were OK as I had reserved a table for a family get together. Staff were very obliging when I had to delay our arrival time at the last minute. We all opted for the two course set menu for £10.95.The set menu was fairly limited in choices but suited us fine, including the children in our group. Summer pudding was gorgeous. Appealing little touches like the miniature flagons of beer to accompany the fish and chips and small sauté pans for serving the ice cream. There were some interesting selections on the specials board which I will hope to try next visit. Service was efficient and pleasant. This is a reliable eating place; perhaps not for the 'wow' special occasion but food is very good and it will become a regular with me. Keep up the good work!

• Visited September 2013