During the 20yrs we have lived in this area of North Norfolk we have dined at the Hoste on numerous occasions, Paul Whitome ran it smoothly , food was generally great and apart from the odd foray into zoo themed bedrooms and a horrible coat of outside yellow paint it was a much loved icon in Burnham Market until Paul's sad early death a few yrs ago, since then - local stories have been legion and ferocious in their condemnation of changes made .
We went for dinner - its close to friends new house - table booked for 4 , dining room not very full - Friday evening before Christmas ? they asked us to come before 7.30 or after it, why when not busy ? our arrival produced a table booked for 2 , quickly changed to 4, but staff at the desk bit chaotic.
Things then went uphill , charming waiting staff, lovely food ,good wine selection well served , mains bit pricey , they would probably have a full dining room if mains were reduced from £20-£22 to £17-£18 but that's the only quibbly bit . Puddings great as well. Well thought out balanced menu.
As for the decor it looked a lot the same and a bit bland , the Hoste is an old building , the bar is wonderful and was always a bit rustic , people have mentioned wet dogs in other reviews , well so what ? its that sort of place . The Hoste needs to co-ordinate its feel and redecorate without using modern factory produced bling , train up its staff a little better and have confidence . We will return hopefully soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the centre of Burnham Market, The Hoste boasts a beauty spa and an award-winning restaurant. Featuring free Wi-Fi and free private parking, this boutique four star hotel is just 2 miles from Norfolk’s sandy beaches.Offering a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities, the uniquely designed accommodation lies across 6 individual properties. The bathrooms feature luxurious Molton Brown toiletries. Many boast a free-standing bath, pretty terrace, or views over the village green.The Hoste’s sophisticated restaurant serves a modern British menu. For a more informal dining experience, guests can eat in the conservatory, lounge, garden, or bar. Dishes are prepared using locally sourced, seasonal produce. Meals can be complemented with a drink from the extensive wine cellar.Located in the courtyard wing of the 17th century property, The Hoste Beauty Spa offers a range of specialist treatments and a hot tub. Burnham Market is surrounded by acclaimed nature reserves, picturesque villages, and historic market towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Hoste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoste Arms Hotel Burnham Market
- The Hoste Burnham Market, Norfolk