First off, I feel I must split my review into two as we had a very different experience with regards to the accommodation and the overall service. We were lucky enough to stay in the Railway Carriage - which is truly outstanding. Luxurious fittings, unique feel and to top it all the dog was allowed to stay with us! The Railway Carriage has been restored to a very high spec, the space has been well used and the overall feeling is one of sheer opulence. Good sized brass bed, seating area and large flat screen TV, fresh cafetiere coffee, mint hot chocolate and Molton Brown bathroom products. The bathroom is equally impressive with a large old fashioned brass sink but very modern walk-in shower lit by LED's. The carriage is actually on an old railway track next to the railway masters cottage and a small garden has been created with a seating area - great for those brings pets! All this made for a great two night stay and although some people have complained I really loved the fact that it was separate from the main building - this did mean a short walk across for breakfast but quite lovely meandering through the stunning village. The Hoste Arms itself is obviously a 'destination' hotel - very trendy, beautifully furnished and what looks to be a stunning spa. The reception staff (Jude) were outstanding throughout the stay - good humoured and a real credit to the venue. The restaurant staff seem under par and for the price paid I would have expected a whole lot more with regards to service...the food itself is truly sublime but the service throughout the stay (breakfast/dinner) left me wondering at the odds of what was on offer and what was being delivered. The gold star for this place comes from the fact that they happily accept dogs - really good to find somewhere where your pampered pooch can sit under the table whilst you tuck into deliciously prepared, fresh, local food...they even bring dog bowls! I'll definitely be returning as they have the main house, railways cottage and a separate building which all call out to be explored but would probably look to dine out at other local establishments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the centre of Burnham Market, The Hoste boasts a beauty spa and an award-winning restaurant. Featuring free Wi-Fi and free private parking, this boutique four star hotel is just 2 miles from Norfolk’s sandy beaches.Offering a flat-screen TV and tea and coffee making facilities, the uniquely designed accommodation lies across 6 individual properties. The bathrooms feature luxurious Molton Brown toiletries. Many boast a free-standing bath, pretty terrace, or views over the village green.The Hoste’s sophisticated restaurant serves a modern British menu. For a more informal dining experience, guests can eat in the conservatory, lounge, garden, or bar. Dishes are prepared using locally sourced, seasonal produce. Meals can be complemented with a drink from the extensive wine cellar.Located in the courtyard wing of the 17th century property, The Hoste Beauty Spa offers a range of specialist treatments and a hot tub. Burnham Market is surrounded by acclaimed nature reserves, picturesque villages, and historic market towns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Hoste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoste Arms Hotel Burnham Market
- The Hoste Burnham Market, Norfolk