“Impressed!” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1328 738777
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Burnham Market is on the Coast Hopper Bus route.
Description: Book a romantic dinner in the restaurant at The Hoste Hotel, where the Chefs create dishes that owe much to locally sourced produce, not least a great selection of local seafood from the nearby coast. We have a high quality, informal, relaxed atmosphere with very friendly and efficient staff. The imaginative menu is complimented by a 200-bin wine list that includes some keenly priced classics.
Burnham Market, United Kingdom
“Impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We live locally and have eaten at The Hoste on a regular basis for over twenty years. We've dined at The Hoste three times this August, the food has been absolutely delicious and the service professional and friendly. We ate there yesterday evening and thoroughly enjoyed local produce cooked to perfection - local oysters followed by sea trout cooked with samphire, spinach and capers. In spite of other comments about the cooking I personally far prefer the new menu to the "fusion" food that used to be on offer.
The new restaurant and garden area is a light and pleasant area to relax in.
I congratulate the new owners!!!
Lesley Thomas

Paris
“Great Lunch Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Had visitors from China and decided to introduce them to Holkham Beach
First was lunch at the Hoste
Quality Food

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

During a recent visit to Norfolk I made a long awaited visit to The Hoste Arms. The location and interior of the property is lovely and has a bright dining area. With regards to the food I was so disappointed. My guest ordered lamb which was tough and served with very little jus. As for my Chicken Ceasar Salad there was barely any dressing with a small serving of chicken but HUGE croutons. Service was just OK. The restaurant was very busy and we decided to put our meal down to experience and not complain as we did not want a long wait for a replacement meal. This is not a place I would rush back to.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
cambridge
“Emperors new clothes”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stay in Burnham Market twice a year so why does the Hoste get so little of our business? Let me tell you why - attitude and incompetence. One gets the impression from the young staff that you are lucky to be there (not true, there are much better restaurants up the coast). We ate early (18:30) in the new Garden Room - we were not welcomed when we entered, we were told we were eating in another part of the hotel when I had explicitly requested the new Garden Room an hour beforehand (my wife had been told that they had room in 2 of the restaurants and when I went in to book 5 minutes later on reception I was told they didn't - I asked them to check again and they miraculoously did), the waiter just pointed in the general direction of the table across the room rather than taking us there (he was not busy just lazy). Re the meal: my wife's soup was bland and cold, my scallops over cooked. Waiters kept on trying to brink wine and food to out table which we hadn't ordered.
I actually liked the new restaurant layout having felt some of the other dining areas were claustrophobic.
I think the Hoste is like the Emperors new clothes - everyone thinks it is the place to go but you can see thru all the hype. Disappointing....again

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been visiting The Hoste fairly regularly for the last five years. This was our 6th visit. We had heard before our most recent trip that it was not the place it once was. Sadly this seemed to be true. The service was very good but the food was definitely not as good as it has been in the past. I had a good steak for main course but my wife's fish was actually quite dry. The accompanying mashed potato and chips were a real let down. The chips were soggy and the mash was tasteless and quite frankly not as good as the stuff we make at home. In general we had a disappointing evening. A place that we previously had enjoyed and have strong nostalgic associations with is not as good as it was. Fingers crossed it picks up.

Visited August 2013