“Pleasant but not exceptional” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Tideswell
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The George Inn Hotel is located in the centre of the Peak District National Park in the heart of the UK. Comprising a traditional locals pub with tourist accomodation and restaurant which operates all year round.The restaurant is self contained away from the bar and there is also the option, weather permitting, to sit outside in the courtyard beer garden or at the front of the property.We offer traditional pub food prepared fresh from locally sourced produce and endevour to offer a relaxed atmosphere in which to enjoy your meal.
Dublin, Ireland
“Pleasant but not exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The restaurant is just off the bar area - not the best location but ..... Food was ok but service was very slow even though the serving staff were very friendly. Not many paces to eat in Tideswell so one has to go to the George

Visited August 2013

Retford, United Kingdom
“Great meal & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My friend & I were spending a night in Tideswell and the George Hotel was recommended to us as a place to get a good meal. We were certainly not disappointed. I had the best mushroom stroganoff I've ever eaten followed by the best sticky toffee pudding. My friend had steak which was cooked perfectly, followed by cheese & biscuits. The service was excellent - everyone was very friendly and we didn't have to wait long for our food. I can thoroughly recommend The George Hotel if you want a good meal.

Visited August 2013
yorkshire
“Don't bother.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Had the misfortune to call here for Sunday lunch,as the pub was not busy at all did not expect a long wait but, wait we did.portion size very poor three small slices of potatoes done in chip pan no mashed or boiled were given. The veg was practically raw, yorkshire puds were badly burnt on top and the roast beef so tough and chewy that my crown came off !! I now face a dental bill of £3oo as it was so damaged beyond repair. Soda and orange drinks very expensive.
NEVER AGAIN.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Food at the George Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family was on holiday in the area and we decided to try the George Hotel for a meal, I must admit that it was the worst meal that has been served to us out of the 4 different dishes that had been served each dish was swimming in grease, my 5 yr old daughter complained about how sticky the tables were. To be honest I would not recommend to anyone as very disappointing.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious fod and friendly bar maid!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The title says it all really - great range on the menu and the food we had was superb. Only downsides - you can't have a tab if you're sitting out the front and the garden at the back is not very welcoming.

Visited July 2013