“A great inexpensive day out with good play facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Attractions in Swadlincote
Type: Forests, Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Cultural
Derbyshire
7 attraction reviews
“A great inexpensive day out with good play facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have yearly parking pass which cost me around £20. I go a few times per month with my little boy. He rides his balance bike, he plays on the great quality playground and has fun!
The hub cafe is fabulous and does substantial portions for both children and adults. In winter they have a lovely log fire.......but you'll be hard pressed to get a space as it's usually full of cyclists!

Lichfield, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Fab family day out. Playground, walks, birds of prey, good cafe, events :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Live nearby and visit often. Kids love it .. Varying length walks, fab play area, birds of prey, sensory garden, crazy golf and lots of events from archery to bug hunts, to Santa fun runs at xmas. Wheelchair friendly and only place I know within miles where I can change my disabled daughter that's not on a pull down baby change! - really geared up for disabled visitors. The cafe has nice outdoor area with view for miles and in the winter the wood burner turns the cafe into a cosy haven for delicious food and drink. There are log cabins for shortbreak hire but not tried these .. Yet! Whenever tire of the place :-))

Derby, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“"Great place for a day out!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

What a lovely place for a family day out!. We had a couple hours there with family and our two year old Granddaughter "she loved it"! playing in the sandpit , soft play area, and just being able to runaround !.Plenty of picnic tables with out being on top of each other, we had a lovely spot for our picnic!. There is a very nice cafe if you do not want to take a picnic with you . We did not get to go on any of the walks but we will return and explore all there is to offer! "It is really worth visit"!!!

Kent
“What a pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife bought me a "Falconry Experience" for Christmas and I thought I hads better use it before it expired in August. Did not have a clue where we were coming to so had low expectations of a quick display and back home for lunch. I was so wrong. We had over three hours with the birds - meeting five up close and personal including the Golden Eagle. (must go to the Gym - this bird weighs 12 lbs on the end of your arm.) Excellent team gave us so much background information and real opportunity to ask questions. They were brilliant with all ages. Added bonus of discovering the centre, had some breakfast (reasonable prices) and went for a walk around one of the trails after a picnic - glad we took walking boots for muddy bits. Did not go home until late afternoon. Car Park was £2.50 for day, Bacon Sarnie and a drink under a fiver. Would definitely recommend.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“What a cute picnic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Visiting the centre only the other day for a birthday picnic celebration with a friend. We just wanted somewhere we could sit, chat, enjoy the views and not be disturbed... We found the ideal place next to the herb garden and spent a lovely hour just chilling and eating and drinking. We were even tempted by the archery too!