“Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I highly recommend the odd house because it has good quality food, a lovely salads bar, a lovely carvorvory and a nice place to stay for the night. I had scampi and it was lovely, I would drive 1000000 miles to find a pub like this! It has comfy sofas and a tv. It is the best place to go for a light snack or a meal!! I love it!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

East Midalnds
“Delicious Home Cooked Food and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Four of us went on a Friday evening for a meal. We often go there for a drink. The atmosphere is lovely in the bar, with comfy sofas, friendly staff and happy regular customers.

As we usually sit on the sofas below the huge menu blackboard, some of the yummy sounding meals on that caught our eye and we finally booked.

Two of us had the chicken and bacon pot pie. This came piping hot with a tasty, obviously home made pastry top. The chicken and bacon were in a white wine and cream sauce. Delicious!

There was a choice of chunky chips, new potatoes, veg or self service fresh salad.

The Peri-Peri chicken served with rice and the towering burger with chunky chips were equally as good, and I thoroughly enjoyed my Irish Cream Créme Brulee.

We were surprised that the dining room wasn't packed - it deserves to be with delicious home cooked meals on offer at such a reasonable price.

• Visited May 2013
“Romantic meal for two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I went for a meal with the girlfriend last night. Food was excellent, the waiting staff were nice and kind the only down side was the temperature of the restaurant a bit cold but only cause of the weather vut they apologized and there was heater to help over all a brill night out.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tamworth, United Kingdom
“My Sunday meal at the Odd House Pub Snarestone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have worked in the service industry for many years , so i am well qualified to speak on places i have eaten .I am located in Tamworth staffs , each Sunday i eat at the Odd house , Snarestone with members of my family . Peter the Chief produces the Sunday carvery , on offer is a 3 meat ( superb ) selection . All of the vegetables are fresh ( you wont find anything from a tin here ), the plates are hot , so your meal remains warm . There are always a good selection of ales and guest beers . You may phone and reserve a table or Vicky the landlady will always make you up a table in the bar area during busy periods . This is a family pub and you and your family will be made most welcome , children have access to a play room , stocked with a selection of toys. The facilities , toilets , bar area and restraurant ,are always spotless and cleaned to a very high standard. Service behind the bar is prompt and you wont have to wait to get served by Yvonne.
or other staff members . Located in the gardens are bench table sets and a childrens adventure play area for those Sunny days . You could visit the Battlefield railway and site afterwards . I,m there at 12 on Sunday so say hello - Peter and Jackie - FM Security Services

• Visited March 2013
leicestershire
“dont always go by reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

my family called at the odd house we had two children and usually when you go anywhere with children you are on tender hooks but not there they have a childrens play room and the kids loved it the food was great and we didnt feel on tender hooks they made a bit of a mess but we got told not to worry .. we found the staff to be very friendly so my advice is try it yourself especially if you have children.

• Visited March 2013