“The Management & Staff were superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shottle Hall

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shottle
Shottle Hall
You added Shottle Hall to your Saves list
White Lane, Shottle DE56 2EB, England   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Shottle B&B and Inns
Atlanta GA
“The Management & Staff were superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

From the moment we arrived at Shottle Hall on the morning of our Son's wedding and for the remainder of the event, which lasted from Saturday afternoon until noon on Sunday, the management & staff were superb. The event rooms were very well prepared, the reception meal & evening buffet were delicious, and the bedroom we occupied was spacious and emaculate. I would certainly recommend this location to any prospective couple looking for a worry free wedding reception.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Me and my fiance stayed here for four nights after winning a fantastic prize and had the most amazing time!! The only thing i am bitterly disappointed at is the fact that i've missed out on the perfect wedding venue!!! Had i known about Shottle Hall before then this is where i'd definitely get married!! The surroundings are second to none, you'd really have to see it to beleive it!! I found the staff impecable and there is nothing i could fault. The food was delicious and i found the chef accommodated to anything i didn't really fancy (i'm a very fussy eater!!)

On arrival we were greeted with warm, friendly faces, We stayed in the "Red Room" and I found myself feeling a little like a princess?? The only thing i found was that in the morning it was quite bright? So i think the next time i go back i'll invest in an eye mask!! Ha Ha!!

My other piece of advice is that you hire a car. Shottle Hall is situated in some of the most idyllic places i've ever seen. The countryside is out of this world and it would be a shame to miss. The little villages (Ashbourne and Belper, among others) are wonderful, I absolutely can't wait to come back. On a final note I'd like to thank Shottle Hall and its amazing staff for the most memorable trip i've had in a long time. Big thank you to James and Pat!!!!!

Oh and if your really wanting to splash out perhaps you should take a trip to "East Midlands Helicopters" and do a tour of the countryside!! It was great!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
derbyshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

We have been to shottle Hotel on several occations having had wonderfull food in a fantastic venue, We have recommended it to many friends, However we were at a wedding there recently, and we are sad to say the food was dreadfull, the evening buffet consited of dried up bread and burnt bacon, So we and the many people will not be going there again !!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

We stayed at this hotel last December - first for a family wedding and stayed on for a weekend.

We were very impressed with all aspects of the organisation and running of the hotel - the wedding was fantastic.

The food was great - very tasty, a good size and a lovely presentation. The staff were attentive and saw to all our needs - and we were quite demanding as our two young children are not the best of eaters!

The room we were staying in was spacious, luxury and the comfort was above our expectations. The price was not at all high for what we were getting in return - we had a cot and a spare bed for our children ready in the room when we checked in.

The atmosphere in the hotel is lovely - you get that cosy feeling without it being intrusive. We loved the whole experience and will be returning again. In fact, we have booked a weekend in April. The kids can't wait to go back.

• Liked — Atmospheric
  • Disliked — Nothing to add here
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

From the moment we stepped into Shottle Hall, I knew it was going to be an amazing weekend. My husband had booked a surpirse break for us after Christmas, as we usaully just complain how depressing a month January is and he thought it would be good to get away, Every attention to detail was catered for from the flowers and champagne in the room on arrival to the brilliant service we received at dinner. It was like being welcomed into a family that we didn't know but ended up feeling like we had know them all our lives. The rooms were fantasitc, so comfortable and spacious with the most decadent four poster bed! I usually tell my husband we should try different places and go somewhere new all the time but for Shottle Hall I'll make the exemption and insist that we return very,very soon.

• Liked — The four poster bed
  • Disliked — The curtains, they blocked out the light compeltely, I like a bit of light coming through.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SW France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Shottle Hall last month for a 4 night Christmas break. We decided to take a short breather from our 4* self-catering holiday and B&B business in France and it was recommended to us by friends who had stayed there in July and said it was great. We booked a premium double room with ‘dinner/B&B’ - £25 allowance for dinner included.

The setting is really pretty and from the moment we went in we were made to feel welcome. Our rooms were very comfortable and most importantly for me, everything was really clean (I am very fussy!) so that put me at ease straight away.

Having had a busy year this break was purely for us to ‘flop’ and chill out in comfort. We had some walks around the grounds and there are 14 acres including parkland plus my husband had seen on their website that you could spend some time with birds of prey and as we see them a lot around where we live, he booked a session. Major memorable event for him!

We didn’t leave the Hall or its grounds the whole time so got to meet the owners who work there almost every day. I was surprised as I thought they might be a bit toffee nosed but it’s the opposite. Like the staff we came into contact with they were friendly, helpful and genuine. They’ve put a lot into upgrading and transforming this place. On the food front, no complaints. We ate in the restaurant every night and with the dinner allowance the most we had to put towards our 3 course meal was just over £2 one night so the pricing is good.

We’ve booked another 4 night break.

• Liked — Attention to detail, ambiance and service
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

This is only my second review on Trip Advisor, but we had such a pleasant stay at Shottle Hall that I wanted to recommend it to anyone else looking for a really lovely place to stay while in Derbyshire.

Having been to Derbyshire in the past, we wanted to go back to the area for a short break before christmas, and being associated with Chatsworth House implied that Shottle as going to be something special (and even with the weather) it really was.

Shottle Hall is beautiful. I understand from the owners that they undertook a lot of renovation work before opening the hotel, but it was really worth it. The room was clean, spacious and well furnished. with gorgeous views of the surrounding countryside. The food was delicious and promptly served. (I really cannot bear slow service.) And the staff and owners were all friendly and helpful, and unlike a lot of places nowadays, seemed busy with plenty to do.

We will definetley be returning in 2009.

• Liked — The location and service.
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was all plendid.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Shottle Hall? Share your experiences!