“Donna and Richard. "perfect in every way"” 5 of 5 stars

Bramble Cottage
21-23 High Road, Higham DE55 6EF, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Higham B&B and Inns
Leicester
“Donna and Richard. "perfect in every way"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

What a lovely warm welcome when we arrived,the cottage,host and breakfast was faultless! Our room was so comfortable with a fabulous selection of refreshments. After staying only the one night we are looking forward to a returned longer visit. After such a comfortable nights sleep the breakfast to follow was as good as we'd read in other reviews if not better!!! It certainly filled us for the best part of the day. We would highly recommend that you share our experience of this wonderful cottage and its host Patricia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
exwilson, Owner at Bramble Cottage, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to recount your experience at Bramble Cottage. i am delighted that you were happy whilst in my home. I sincerely hope to welcome you back again before too long. Best regards
Paddy

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Woodhall Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed in Bramble cottage as we were going to two concerts in Derbyshire. We had a lovely time and would recommend the B&B to everyone. We felt cared for and very spoilt. The room was very cosy and breakfast was very filling I didn't need anything else until our evening meal. Go try it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
exwilson, Owner at Bramble Cottage, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive feedback, hope to see you again kind regards Patricia
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We found Bramble Cottage through TripAdvisor when looking for a short break from London. What a treasure. The cottage is located adjacent to the friendliest pub in town, which provided well deserved refreshment after the trip up. The history of the cottage is well preserved with taseful contemporary appoointments. The rooms are spacious and open and the bedding very comfortable. Breakfasts were a treat. Patty made sure that we were packed off on our daily travels fully charged and ready to go.
From the time we arrived to our departure, Patty gave is the best of advice on where to go and what to do. We couldn't have wished for more in any respect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
exwilson, Owner at Bramble Cottage, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
What a true delight to care for such appreciative guests, thank you so much for your kind words. I do hope that before you depart our shores you will be able to venture back this way and enjoy the delights of the Peak District, preferably without the snow !! Best wishes, Paddy
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I have just sold our caravan and fancied a trip to beautifull Derbyshire to visit Chatsworth Christmas Decorations and friends. Thought we would try B/Bs.
What a find at Bramble Cottage !. A lovely welcome from Paddy (Patricia). We stayed 5 Days and traveling from Southampton wish we had stayed longer.
A lovely spacious room and on suite bathroom and so clean and cleaned every day to high standard.
The Breakfast was Fantastic everything you may want wether it be cooked cerials or fruit.
Tea and Coffee.
The second morning I had to cut back on my English Breakfast. I asked for to much on the first Day. Paddy also recomended places to visit and places to eat out which were always very nice. Bramble Cottage and Paddy's hospitality made our stay in Derbyshire Perfect.
We will be Back and I think we will forget the Caravaning.
Merry Christmas Paddy.

Gill & Denis

Room Tip: We had large room called "Bramble" perfect but cannot comment on other roooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
exwilson, Owner at Bramble Cottage, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I am so sorry to have taken so long to respond to your very very complimentary review - my only reason for my lack of manners is that Christmas preparations over took me as did a full house of family and friends over the Christmas and New Year celebrations.
I would like to say thank you so much for noticing and.appreciating how I like to run my B and B.
All best wishes for 2013. Paddy.
Ash Vale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We found Bramble Cottage for an O/N stay when we had to visit Alfreton. Wow, what a find! The cottage itself (parts of it I believe dating back to the 15/16 C ), the rooms, the owners, standards of cleanliness, friendliness and to cap it all (well you have to pick one thing out but with this place and the hosts, it was VERY difficult) but it was the exceptional breakfast. there was a traditional full Scottish/English, cereals, fruit juices, varieties of teas, coffees, toasts local honey, homemade marmalade etc etc etc HOWEVER the Scottish salmon and scrambled eggs were divine. The salmon is smoked over peat and to say it makes a difference together with the perfectly cooked creamy scrambled eggs & oat cakes would be understated......oh yes, I finished off with cafettiere coffee, toast & the homemade marmalade....................UUUMMM UUUUMMM! My partner had a full cooked B/Fast which again was of the highest standard.

Then there's the room. We stayed in The Carsington. A really great sized fresh and spacious room with a most comfortable 6ft bed. There were a variety of coffees, teas, hot chocolate. Even the milk was fresh and in a flask. Oh yes I almost forgot the home made sloe gin and mint chocolates.

We have stayed in many (and I mean many) different locations around the globe from tented villages to top venues. It would be easy to produce a diatribe about this outstanding family run B & B....after all that's ALL it is a B & B or at least that is how it would be described in advertising terms, but it is so much more. If you are visiting anywhere within a good 30 min radius of DE55 6EF then go see for yourselves. You really won't be disappointed.

Finally, why would an individual take the time and effort to write a review like this, because when you have visited and stayed at so many places, every now and again you find something exceptional. A delightful, small, simple, homely & outstanding for value for money B & B. It is easy in a world where the pace of life is so fast and many are only interested in turning over business as quick as they can to say something nice about nice people, great locations and outstanding service. To Paddy & Bernie, TY and best wishes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
exwilson, Owner at Bramble Cottage, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Well what can i say except I am delighted you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you very much for taking the time when I am sure you are totally taken up with you beautiful puppy! I look forward to welcoming you 'home' again when you are ever this way again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Brilliant central location close to stunning views across the national park. Bramble cottage has stunning clean, we'll sized and equipped rooms with a very welcoming, friendly and helpful lady lady at the heart of the B&B. Fantastic well sized breakfasts to help set you up for a day of exploring the outstandingly beautiful Derbyshire countryside and Peak District national park. Plenty do and explore locally. Would thoroughly recommend to any couples planning a trip to the area. Four stars does not do bramble cottage justice.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
exwilson, Owner at Bramble Cottage, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time at bramble Cottage, and I look forward to maybe caring for you again. thank you
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Nice central location, loads to see and do within easy reach. Paddy is an excellent host and nothing is too much trouble. Breakfast is superb. The bed is on a grand scale, and the welcome drink is a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
exwilson, Owner at Bramble Cottage, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Very happy to know you enjoyed your time at Bramble Cottage and the service level that I strive for was met. Thank you. Patricia

Been to Bramble Cottage? Share your experiences!