“What a find, what a treasure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Hathersage
Cuisines: English, Café
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Cintra's is a licensed cafe situated in the popular Peak District of Hathersage. Seating for up to 44 inside but with the added surprise of the large, beautiful secluded tea garden at the rear of the cafe. Cintra's offers a varied menu to suit all tastes, with the emphasis being on our homemade traditional dishes, homemade cakes and desserts.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“What a find, what a treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have visited Cintra's on numerous occasions and have always come away truly satisfied. Through the open door you will find an immediate warm welcome, a cosy tearoom on two floors and the unexpected surprise of an outdoor garden with tables etc. ready for refreshing drinks and eats. The food is all home produced and regularly excellent with a wide choice from a standard and specials board menu. We found that the licensed facility also went down well!! Recent evening meals have been greatly enjoyed and have added an extra attraction. We feel this tearoom provides for all likes - a sincere warm welcome, relaxed atmposphere and superb food. Try it - We are sure you will not be disappointed!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

derbyshire
“Warm Welcome and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I visited Cintras today, having been recommended by a friend who visits regulary. We were made to feel very welcome and we chose to sit upstairs by the window and we were able to watch the world go by. My husband had the homemade pie which he enjoyed ,I had the veggie breakfast ,both excellent.We really enjoyed our visit, the cafe is very traditional ,cosy and charming. We will definatley be back when we come walking in the peak district .

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Galway, Ireland
“not great, quite dirty and below average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Quite surprised about all the positive reviews. Well I had lunch here with my family today and I was not too impressed at all.
The place is dated, looks quite dirty and the service was not great.
food was indeed home made (that means you have to wait 30 minutes for a panini with cheese and ham) and quite tasteless ...
So I would not recommend this place at all.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Cycle stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very twee and cramped. A traditional old style tea room. We cycled here from Sheffield and found the staff welcoming and the service okay.

Visited June 2012
“Only average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My daugther and I went to Cintra's for a quick hot drink after swimming in the open air pool in Hathersage due to the good reviews to give it a try, (rather than the close by pool cafe). We only had drinks and not food/cakes so I can't comment on what we didn't have, but it was nothing special. I am afraid that when I order a hot chocolate I like it hot and not luke warm! There was also no skimmed milk option, 'we only do semi skimmed' which i think is a bit short sighted in this day and age. The cakes however did look wonderful and I'm sure would have tasted very nice too.

• Visited August 2012