“Lovely food, shame about the grubby table” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Deli, cafe
Sheffield
“Lovely food, shame about the grubby table”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Came here one Saturday lunchtime. The number of people sitting eating, plus those queueing at the counter, was a good indicator of the quality of the place. When it came to the coffee and food we weren't disappointed.
My only grumble would be that the staff seemed to be a little clueless when it came to clearing and cleaning the tables. Before taking my tray of coffee from the counter, I had to explain that, unless the table was cleared there simply wouldn't be room for our cups and saucers. The young lass on duty duly took away the dirty crocks, but unfortunately left the mass of crumbs which were scattered around a liberal number of cup rings. As there seemed to be confusion over using the card payment machine as well, I wonder whether the member of staff serving me was a new recruit, perhaps not fully trained.
Our turkey and brie pannini and BLT were excellent, served with generous additions of a spicy coleslaw and salad. Very good value indeed. The coffee was good and strong.
We will definitely return ... and hope for a clean table next tme!

• Visited February 2014

“Really very very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have been to this deli on a number of occasions and can honestly say I am yet to find something to fault. I love the food, i love the drinks, I love the decor, I love sitting outside in the summer. Its just an all round winner for me. I will be back!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great little spot for coffee and cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited the deli on a recent bike ride through Hathersage on a rainy day. What a great little place to stop into, friendly staff and the best carrot cake if had in years. Will defiantly be making this our regular stopping point :)

Visited January 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Poor Service and Gossiping Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I couldnt believe how poor the service was in this place. The staff were too busy flirting and talking to each other to worry about the growing queue of customers and the service when we finally got their attention was shambolic. The sandwiches were actually quite good (when they finally arrived) and the coffee excellent, but the long wait and lack of customer care means we will not be rushing back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Happyplace253, Owner at Colemans Deli, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Paul. I have read your review with dismay. Unfortunately the manager was on annual leave and the matters referred to will be addressed upon his return. We take customer service and therefore the matters raised in your review very seriously.
I am happy to see however there was no complaint regarding the food and drink.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous lunch. AMAZING cake.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I've been twice now since beginning of December and I shall return. We had a lovely lunch served by attentive staff, yeah - you might wait ten minutes or so until the food comes but it's a small place and it was packed both times so we didn't mind because it was all made fresh (you could see the guy behind the counter making it) and then there's the cakes.. Oh my lord the cakes! It was a hard choice but the good old Victoria sponge won out with a cuppa. Best I've had in ages. There were more exciting ones with blueberries, coffee, flapjacks rocky road, smothered in creams etc. my fiancé had the brownie and thought it was "awesome". After lunch we did a jot of shopping in the deli section which was also great. Local stuff which was good to see. All in all a top experience. Well done.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi TigerTom80, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am particularly pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Victoria sandwich so much as I made this personally. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Many thanks.