“Terrible takeaway” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
derbyshire
“Terrible takeaway”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Thai curry looked like dishwater with uncooked mushrooms in it. Looked so bad that we did not even try to eat it and ordered Chinese instead

Visited January 2013
ownerthaitogo, Owner at Thai To Go, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Please note that none of our curries contain mushrooms. The only dish which matches your description is our Tom Yam, which is of course a soup rather than a curry and is very thin in consistency, as it should be. We do cook the mushrooms lightly in the traditional Thai fashion - this preserves their nutritious content. It is a great shame that you did not proceed to taste your soup, as you would have found that it is in fact delicious and has many health-giving properties.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Super authentic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I visited this wonderful eatery at lunchtime on Tuesday the 12 February. I ordered stir fry pork from their express lunchtime menu. It was very tasty and at £3.50 including Jasmine rice great value. After spending about 1 hour talking to a very friendly owner who was also very enthusiastic about her cooking. I then tried the home made spring rolls they were light and had a really fresh taste.
Before leaving I decided to order a Thai green curry as a take away. I eat it the same evening, it was excellant nice and spicy just as it should be. I can highly suggest that this restaurant should be on the top of your list if you want good thai food at realistic prices served by a very wellcoming owner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stalybridge, United Kingdom
“"Great food, Excellent service"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Went in and ordered a Phad Thai prawn. Service was excellent with a positive attitude and very friendly. The noodles were delicious and not too hot, it was just right.Enjoyed everything and the dining experience was wonderful and low cost.Most definitely will visit again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, lovely people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I love Thai food, and my husband likes it too, but it's often full of things we can't have - coconut, nuts, mango - so I'd resigned myself to always having to make it at home.

Then this place opened up, and I thought about giving it a go. Popped in, was pleased to see the open kitchen. Was able to talk to the cook directly, who was able to reassure me about what parts of the menu were safe or not for each of us. Turns out half the menu is fine for both of us together (as well as parts of the other half for one or the other), so yay! Ordered, got it home, tasted it, and it was lovely! The little spring rolls are absolutely delightful - my favorite yet (I even like them better than my own!).

Since then, we've ordered delivery from them, and it got here quickly and still quite hot. We also ate in once, even though it's mostly a takeaway; it does have tables, and that night I needed something quick and in the centre of town, due to other obligations, so Thai To Stay it was! They served us at the table, just like any regular sit down restaurant, and the service was excellent.

Definitely pleased with this place, and will continue to eat there time and again! Hoping one day they'll manage to open a regular sit down restaurant (this one does lack ambience to want to actually use its dine in tables very often) in addition to continuing with their takeaway offerings.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
roy-c
“Great Place for Lunchtime Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were passing by today in the middle of a shopping trip, wanted a snack - thought we'd give it a try

We ordered a green curry and a yellow curry - both with fried rice. We could have beef, chicken or pork but we chose the way they were listed on the menu

Absolutely delicious - will be returning, and will definitely get a takeaway after a run of disappointing results from other establishments

And it was a substantial meal. Only £8 in total for the above, plus crackers (which I didn't normally care for - this time excellent) plus sauce, and a shared water. Bargain!

A small cafe style of place with a few white tables - we guess that takeaways are their main business. Currently open lunchtimes and evenings till 2100 only

Lovely lady who served us and yes she's from Thailand

Very surprised at some of the other reports here. I accept that all reviews are entirely a matter of personal taste but I would urge readers to give places a fair chance by comparing the negative comments with the number of reviews made - imho some reviewers appear to sign up merely to rubbish a hotel or restaurant. And so we don't have a chance to see what they actually DO like

I have given 4* to other Thai places but this is the best to date - 5* gets my vote

• Visited October 2012