“A very special place...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Birds Nest Cottage Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glossop
Birds Nest Cottage Guest House
You added Birds Nest Cottage Guest House to your Saves list
40 Primrose Lane, Glossop SK13 8EW, England   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Glossop B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A very special place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here for a few days in June 2014 as a base to go to see lots of the great places in the Peak District. Lynda & her husband are very nice & were always available if you needed anything. The house has a beautiful garden with a lovely river running through & there are lots of quiet places in the garden to sit & relax in in the evenings. The breakfast is delicious & they have lots of choice when it comes to breakfast, so something for everyone. The room was really homely & roomy with all the mod cons. We would definitely recommend staying here - definitely the best guest house we've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: We stayed in the double front bedroom
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cumbria UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I had read all the superlatives before booking and was prepared to be disappointed but I found that they were all absolutely true. This is a wonderful little guest house. There is the warm welcome and hospitality offered by Lynda, a superb breakfast, two guest lounges to relax in and the amazing urban garden with the stream. A very relaxing place ideal as a base for exploring the town and area. I can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I can't think of a another B&B I have stayed in that beats Birds Nest Cottage. I only stayed one night and that was more than enough time to make me want to say there again. I visit Glossop a lot as it's my home town. Its set in a beautiful garden and I was lucky enough to have a room at the rear so when I woke I could hear the brook running through it. My full English this morning was superb, just how I Like it. My stay was very comfortable and clean with everything that I needed. I loved being called Chris and not Mr Vann as it made me feel much more welcome than I already felt. I'd like to thank you both for my stay and I will definitely be seeing you again.

Thanks Chris

Room Tip: The room at the rear has the very relaxing sounds from the brook and wild life,
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Broxbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed here with my 3 brothers, my father and a friend after completing a run round the reservoirs at Bamford. Lynda and her husband made us all feel very welcome. We had tea and cake on our arrival which went down a treat after what we had done. Lynda gave us some recommendations on restaurants and even booked a table for us. Little things like this made the visit so easy and pleasant. Rooms are excellent, as was our shower/bathroom. The full English breakfast with a huge selection of fresh fruit was marvellous. We will visit the area again and when we do I would not hesitate one moment to book here again. Thanks Lynda - we had a really nice stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is my third visit and I still love it, as Linda never wavers with her hospitality. She should organise courses on how to run a B&B. On top of everything else, she has the most wonderful garden which has lots of different areas to discover and relax in, which is just perfect for a country holiday.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at the Birds Nest for three nights and it felt like home from home but with the added pleasure of having my room cleaned beautifully, fresh cake for a late afternoon snack and a delicious breakfast,full English and lots of other choices available and a stunning garden to walk around. My room and bathroom was spotless and facilities excellent. Our host Lynda could not do enough to make me welcome and I also enjoyed a hot stone massage which was utter bliss, Lynda has magic hands it was one of the best treatments I have had. I can highly recommend this bed and breakfast, a great spot for exploring Derbyshire.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Lynda makes everyone feel very welcome to her ideally placed B & B. We had a 2 night stay here and everything was spot on. Very comfortable room with TV,tea and coffee and nice en suite bathroom with good shower. Breakfast was very nice and Lynda caters for all tastes. Fantastic garden would be really nice in summer. 2 guest lounges with tea making facilities. Really enjoyed our stay. Thanks

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Birds Nest Cottage Guest House? Share your experiences!