“Best Indian I have ever tasted” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rajpoot Restaurant

Rajpoot Restaurant
52 Upper Belgrave Road | In Clifton Bristol Not Derbyshire, Clifton BS8 2XP, England
0117 9733 515
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Clifton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Set in a charming Georgian building in Clifton, Rajpoot is one of Bristol's finest Indian restaurants. Set over two levels, the interior is equally traditional - complete with crisp linen tablecloths, silver cutlery and huge windows overlooking the Downs. The menu covers the principal regions of India and includes familiar favourites, cooked as they would be in Indian homes. Popular dishes include the tandoori trout barbecued over a clay over; lamb shashlik; and chicken chat served with a twist of lemon and minted yoghurt dressing
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best Indian I have ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

This Indian restaurant if different, very different in a very good way. Although the food selection does contain some old favourites, there are many dishes that are unique to this restaurant. I Chose a Jalfrezi and my husband chose a milder dish, both were cooked to perfection and you could really taste the spices. Service was pleasant and professional even that young guy was the only one to serve and the bill was not too hefty either. I certainly would go back here and would very much look forward to doing so.

Visited April 2014

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The food, service and ambience was amazing but I felt it was bit pricy. Still worth a lot. We really enjoyed it. I would recommend you to visit it once while you are in Bristol.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing dining experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I visited Rajpoot for the first time recently and given the recommendations, I was expecting good things. The interior is small and is like sitting in a living room but I liked it.
What was a simple 2 course dinner took about 3 hours. Service was painfully slow and we had to ask for water 3 times. When we did get it we had to ask for more and for more than 2 glasses for a large table. My main meal was forgotten, the rest of the table got theirs so I waited. Then a waiter asked me what I had ordered, obviously they couldn't remember! The rest of the table had nearly finished their food when mine finally arrived.
I did enjoy my food but it wasn't amazing and given the cost I was expecting it to be better. I won't be returning, there are plenty of better Indians in Bristol and with far better service.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Very, very good. Really, it is.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Wow, this is an old school Indian restaurant, from being greeted by a very friendly and sincere Manager, to sitting in a small well appointed dining area, I knew we were in for a treat. Not disappointed, I started with Calamari chilli fry patti, yes really, similar to a prawn puri but squid, highly recommended, my partner had spicy spring rolls, just as tasty, mains were delicious, prawn puri and Rajpoot chilli masala, both well spiced but not mind blowing. Each dish came with a sensible sized portion of proper saffron rice, I also ordered a side portion of sag aloo. The food is fresh, we'll cooked, well presented and the service was impeccable.
A great evening with relaxing views over the downs. Worth every penny, I adore Indian food and have just discovered my new favourite restaurant. Very highly recommended, good parking too

Visited April 2014
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a VIP guest to entertain and the result of a web search indicated that Raj Poot was one of the best Indian restaurants in Bristol. Our experience was far from that. I have lived in Bristol since 1997 and the food served by Raj Poot was the worst I have encountered in Bristol. The service was equally poor; a young waiter who obviously had no training or experience attended us with uncertainty and looked confused when quized on various dishes offered on the menu. The bill for 4 people was just over £125.00 and did not represent a good value either.
I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014