“American Diner is Fab!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Belper, United Kingdom
“American Diner is Fab!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Took the kids in for a burger - there was a great choice and prices were very reasonable. It was very clean and the service was good. Will definetely return when next in Castleton

Visited October 2012

Leeds, United Kingdom
“A great find :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Castleton is such a beautiful, quaint, little village therefore it was a surprise to stumble upon an American Diner in the middle! My partner and I thought it would be something different and a fond memory of a recent trip to New York so we gave it a try. The food was lovely, we both had a bagel and I can't recommend them enough! The price is extremely reasonable so in response to the review below I would expect what you normally would for £5 and under! The atmosphere was fab, the decor especially and the staff were friendly and helpful. We will definitely be going back to try the Man V Food challenge!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Good idea for a theme restaurant and nice decor, but the food was terrible! I had the hot dog, which was worse than ikea. It was watery and over-cooked. It tasted like dog food: grainy and falling apart. My partner had the burger which tasted like a supermarket frozen one. The extra fries we ordered were pre-cooked and warmed up. This must have been done in the hot plate as they were smeared with burger grease. We complained to the waitress as we paid, but she just said sorry and did nothing to resolve our complaint. Overall, an awful experience. We're gutted we veered away from all of the lovely pubs in Castleton, but we just fancied a change. We definitely won't be return customers. In fact, I'm surprised Buddy's has any positive reviews - although many focus on the theme, rather than the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
derbyshire
“american diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I took my grandson and two of his friends here for a meal, they raved about it - great burgers and milk shakes!! Great for young people, frindly service. Staff suggested that we book ahead for a week end visit. They want to come again - but not my cup of tea!!

Visited November 2012
Stockport
“American Diner in the heart of the peak district...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My wife found this place while looking online for a place to eat in Castleton and as mentioned in other reviews its a break from everything else offered in the area.We fancied something a bit different and had the kids with us.Its a small brightly lit diner in the 50's tradition and is pristine inside..We booked a table for 10 which on reflection was probably not necessary as we were the only ones in there.The staff are very friendly and service was quick.There is not a huge selection of food which is centered around burgers,ribs etc and as the kitchen area is open plan I was aware of the microwave pinging a lot during the preparation which arouses suspicion.I had ribs which tasted fine,the Chicken Cesar salad was huge.The kids gave the burgers the thumbs up too.There is a huge selection of ice cream and we finished our meals with incredibly huge cones.It closes at 9.00pm so that's worth bearing in mind but its not the kind of place you would linger as there is a "fast food" feel to the place.The prices were very good with the bill only coming to less than £75 for 8 people (2 of our party did not turn up)We travelled from Stockport and I would say its not really worth the trip just to come here to eat but I would certainly call in as part of a visit to Castleton especially over the Christmas period as the village looks nice with the lights but it was lashing it down with rain on the night we visited which put a dampener on things somewhat

• Visited December 2012