“Absolutely spot on - excellent customer service” 5 of 5 stars

YHA Castleton Losehill Hall
Castleton, Peak District National Park S33 8WB, England   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birmingham
“Absolutely spot on - excellent customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed here for one night only after I was evicted from a previous Hotel at short notice owing to a mix up. It is located a short walk from the centre of Castleton (approx 10 minutes to the end of the driveway + another 5 minutes to get to the actual building).

The place was clean and very well looked after. The staff their went out of their way to accommodate me at very short notice late in the afternoon of arrival and I think they deserve all the praise they get. Despite having only a few rooms left I was only charged for single occupancy and I thought this was very decent of them.

The YH has a lot of good facilities, nice bar, beautiful grounds, internet access etc.

There was a very large party of university students staying the evning I was there so I was expecting noise well into the night but I never heard a peep - not like the students when I was at university. Beds were really comfortable and for the price I can only find one minor gripe about this place, which was there was no so soap in my en-suite bathroom (I don't think this was an ommision I get the impression they don't do this as standard but I stand to be corrected). Not such a big deal but they put soap in the communal tiolets so why not in the rooms?

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hednesford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We had booked a family room, en-suite. When we arrived, we were given a very beautiful room, 2 bunk beds and a very nice en-suite. However, the room was extremely cold, the heating wasn't working in that room. It was too cold to stay in for all of us. We were then moved into the East Wing, where we had no en-suite, the room was clean and warm. there was only one toilet/shower available in the building and there were 6 rooms in that building, so a potential of 24 guests. There was also very limited utensils in the huge kitchen, which would otherwise have been a very good kitchen. A very beautiful building on the outside, but a sadly disappointing visit.

Room Tip: Ashbourne with en-suite
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Such a gorgeous hostel! It must be an old manor home that was converted to a YHA. The bathroom facilities in our 6 person room were ensuite and all new. The beds were great with storage underneath (lockable), individual outlets and lights. The frames of the bed were also quite heavy so the noise was minimised. Food is available on site and was quite delicious, the staff were also very helpful!

We biked into Castleton and left our bikes in the secure bike store then walked around Mam Tor and the rest of Castleton. Very gorgeous area and well worth the visit. We stayed only on the Monday night and the staff told us that Sunday night is also good for visit.

The one drawback of the hostel is that it often caters to huge school groups (think around 100 kids) during the week so it could be quite busy, although we did not experience this.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to YHA Castleton Losehill Hall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about YHA Castleton Losehill Hall

Address: Castleton, Peak District National Park S33 8WB, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Peak District National Park > Hope Valley > Castleton
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 5 Specialty Lodging in Castleton
Newly refurbished Victorian Gothic Mansion and Cobbled Mews set in formal gardens and 27 acres of parkland in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Beautiful gardens, woods, streams to explore. Close to the spectacular Winnats Pass and Mam Tor, YHA Castleton Losehill Hall is ideally located for activity breaks. It's a great base for cheap family weekend breaks, with four caverns to explore on the doorstep. Surrounded by beautiful Peak District countryside, YHA Castleton Losehill Hall is perfect for walking holidays. Why not look at our other recently refurbished Youth Hostels? YHA members can enjoy free Wi-Fi in social areas at YHA Castleton Losehill Hall! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your YHA Castleton Losehill Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
YHA Castleton Losehill Hall England

If you own or manage YHA Castleton Losehill Hall, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.