“The best food in Castleton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bull's Head Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castleton
Bull's Head Inn
You added Bull's Head Inn to your Saves list
Cross Street | Hope Valley, Castleton, Peak District National Park S33 8WH, England   |
Ranked #9 of 14 Castleton B&B and Inns
Wiltshire
“The best food in Castleton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

Having made a poor choice for our first meal in Castleton we were very pleasantly surprised when on a very busy Saturday night, arriving late we had an excellent meal. The service was efficient and friendly. The local sausages were excellent and the vegetables freshly cooked.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Warwickshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

I've never written a bad review but we had a meal at the Bulls Head in Castleton on the 1st night of our stay and I was sadly disappointed. I ordered the Steak and Kidney Pie and after a long wait it eventually arrived and looked had been assaulted prior to landing on my table.

I'm not sure if a fight had broken out in the kitchen and the pie was caught by a stray punch / kick...but it had definitely been involved in some kind of trauma. Unfortunately it didn't taste great either.
My friend had ordered the fish and chips which looked and tasted of the Findus frozen square variety except not cooked properly

Didn't go back there again the following night

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Winchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

I'm originally from Derbyshire and had planned a weekend to Castleton with my family for the Bank Holiday Weekend. Originally we had planned to go to the Castle Hotel for lunch but having read the reviews it seemed to have gone down hill, so on the basis of the reviews from this web site, we opted for a meal at the Bull's Head. What a fantastic find! The menu caters for everyone - with basic options such as sandwiches and jacket potatoes, to specials such as mussels and sword fish. There were 8 of us in our party and I have never known an occasion where all of us have thoroughly enjoyed our meals- the food really was delicious. The restaurant had also been recently refurbished and it was very tastfully done and very olde worlde!! All in all, I would definitely recommend this restaurant but judging by the amount of people having lunch that day, I would definitely recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. 10 out of 10!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

This accommodation is on the main street through Castleton so handy for many Public Houses, eating places and fab walks although we didnt wander far to eat or drink. We stayed for 2 nights and could not fault anything about our room or food, which included our breakfast (cooked to order) and our 2 evening meals in the Public House. Some may say the rooms are on the small side but for the little time we spent in our room we found it comfortable, very clean and of a high quality. Also our room had a fab view of the surrounding hills. The staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble, I am very particular about my food, ie., toast well done, and they were very obliging. The car park was at the back on site. What more could you want good food, a lovely friendly Pub and a lovely room above it. We will return.

Been to Bull's Head Inn? Share your experiences!