“As good as it gets” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chevin Green Farm B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belper
Chevin Green Farm B&B
You added Chevin Green Farm B&B to your Saves list
Chevin Road, Belper DE56 2UN, England   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Belper B&B and Inns
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have hesitated to put a review up about Chevin Farm because, to be honest, it is so good that I don’t want it to be booked out when I need to stay.
The standards of the rooms, the breakfast and the welcome are all exemplary. The first couple of times I stayed I worried that they wouldn’t be able to keep up such high standards but in fact things have improved. For example this time I visited there was homemade cake left in our room and a fridge provided us with real milk.
The rooms (which are all different) and bathrooms are beautifully appointed and equipped without being soulless. It has always been beautifully clean throughout and in addition some very practical things like beautiful cotton sheets, a high quality (Sony) TV that works, fast free wi-fi (even in the furthest rooms), bottled water and plenty of parking make for a wonderful upmarket B&B.
It is fantastically quiet and peaceful there, whilst it isn’t a working farm it is still surrounded by fields. This rurality makes for its one shortcoming in that you can’t really walk anywhere for your evening meal. On the plus side there are lots of eating opportunities including some cracking pubs within five or ten minutes drive.
David and Sarah and the others who help out are really good at this. I always look forward to going back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Chevin Green Farm with our daughter for a long weekend in Derbyshire, can't speak to highly of this B&B the rooms were excellent in every respect, David and Sarah even provided us with the most delicious cup cakes on arrival and each afternoon on our return from our days out. Breakfast was first class as was the hospitality, would defiantly stay again if visiting derbyshire. MR and MRs Cheeseman

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Everything about our stay was simply the best. A wonderful first class place to stay with lovely helpful hosts. Weekend not long enough. Couldn't have wished for more. Will definitely be back especially for the homemade chocolate cake!

• Stayed March 2014
Troon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had read that Chevin Green Farm was receiving 5 star ratings but, even still, it far exceeded my expectations in every way. It fully deserves the highest ratings it can get. Foremost, the place is immaculate and the upkeep of the rooms, buildings and surrounds is first class. The rooms are very comfortable, warm, well decorated and furnished. Overall, one of the most comfortable places I have stayed in. Situated well above the river Derwent and overlooking Belper, it is in a lovely location that is blissfully quiet. A car is advisable for the area but Belper is a nice walk away and has great amenities (restaurants, good supermarket, petrol, leisure centre and pool, banks and high street shops). Finally, the owners / managers are incredibly hospitable and accommodating in every way. I would recommend Chevin Green Farm to anyone.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in one room but as it is so comfortable I have no desire to change. You will be w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Aus.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Hello Reader. Please note I am supplying this review from the point of view of a business contractor and not a holidaymaker.

First of all the welcome is absolutely second to none from David the host. In the dealing leading up to the booking nobody could fault the well-mannered and respectful way I was treated. The room and en-suite bathroom are of a first class standard and ably decorated, I understand, by David's good lady, Sarah. A perfectly beautiful area for those with the time to explore.

Arriving at night by car in the dark and heavy rain, and with no tom-tom, it is not the easiest job to actually find the property in the boondocks of Belper. However, once found, and car parked in front of the first cottage as directed, I proceeded to walk back down the bank and up the drive hopefully heading for the main residence, all in the dark, before falling over a chain link barrier stretched across the way. Perhaps some more lighting from the initial gateway to the actual car park would be more appropriate? Again, in the dark in the car park no light comes on to show the full farm yard car parking until you have walked about 10 yards. Not good.
David's welcome with a cup of tea was now just what was required. The range of breakfast menu is rather limited for a place such as this and David explained he would need a week before any kippers or smoke haddock could appear, so I would clarify any breakfast requirements at the time of booking. As a contractor you will probably want an early breakfast and whilst this was achieved on the final morning I suspect that early starts are not particularly appreciated by David and I felt I was being a nuisance for asking for breakfast at 7 even though I really wanted it earlier than this. Maybe this is something that a contractor would need to clarify at time of booking as well.

Many B & B's now provide a microwave oven, toaster, plates, knives and forks, in the dining room so that guests can sit and eat a meal (since hot food in the rooms is normally proscribed, understandably). Sadly this provision was not available.

Would I stay again? Without a moment's hesitation if I was on holiday but most likely not as somebody requiring a working week's accommodation.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Chevin Green Farm provides the ultimate B&B experience. We received a very warm welcome from David and Sarah, a great husband and wife team who could not have done more to ensure our stay with them was a wonderful one. The property, beautifully kept and spotlessly clean, is perfectly located providing quick access to the local market towns in the area. The ambiance was calming and relaxing, leaving us feeling we had had a real break from our busy schedules. Our room, overlooking the surrounding countryside, was tastefully decorated, fitted with quality furnishings and well stocked with premium products. The fresh milk, provided daily for the tea and coffee, a real treat. The full English breakfast, cooked to perfection, is a great way to start any day, and their choice of tea and coffee delicious. Our visit was too short and we could easily have stayed longer. Very much looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Totnes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

What a top find. Being away on business can be trial at times, but the peace and tranquility here is second to none. Spotless from the moment you arrive, David and Sarah really do run a tight ship. Comfortable, warm and quiet it is a true home from home. The perfect place to unwind after a long day - and an excellent place to start; with a delicious cooked breakfast. One of the few places I truly look forward to revisiting. With the use of wifi, its tempting to abandon the office and work from my room!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Chevin Green Farm B&B? Share your experiences!