“Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 65 Restaurants in Belper
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, English
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Nourish at No44. Set in the beautiful historic market town of Belper.Once an old pub, which dates back to the 16th century, now converted into a shabby chic candle lit Bistro by night, and bustling café barista by day. We have a passion for producing honest classic food, locally sourced wherever possible.Our menus are a serious blend of classic French and traditionally British dishes, served with a modern twist.We are an independent privately owned business.Our chef owner has a wealth of experience and his cooking skills shines through with his ability to turn seasonal and inexpensive food items into affordable and interesting dishes.“To understand our ethos”It’s all about the food, flavours and wine at No44.There is no pretentious fussy service, no linen, or fancy waiters; instead you will find a simple relaxed friendly service, in an intimate atmosphere, at an affordable price. Finalists in the Derby food awards October 2013 "Best out of town".
Derbyshire
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have visited Nourish at No. 44 on many occasions, be it a coffee, a quick drink, lunch or a full 'A la carte' menu, each time has been brilliant! I cannot fault the service, staff are always smiling and friendly, open the door on arrival and are promt to show you to a seat as well as attentive. Food has always been excellent and of a high standard, presentation is fantastic, a cut above the rest in Belper- excellent choice of wines too! In the daytime the choice of cakes are great, always leave me pondering at which to choose as they all look so good!! All round a great restaurant, ignore the bad reviews, I would not hesitate on returning, fab place and I hope they continue to do well!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Derbyshire
“Good food, great decor, poor staff...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've eaten here a few times as I am local. I have always enjoyed the food but the experience is let down by the inexperienced staff. On two occasions we have had to wait so long to order drinks on arrival that I have had to leave the table to order at the bar myself! The place is decked out in very good taste and looks so inviting from outside. Belper really needs a great place like this but they need to improve the service as it is not as good as one would expect and is a disappointment. The female proprietor who has been front of house needs to step up to the mark, as the food cooked by the male proprietor chef is really good quality...

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Ignore the Negativity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was visitng my school friend last night, who lives in Belper. This place is FANTASTIC!!! We had a beautiful dinner. The decor is gorgeous, the food was DELICIOUS and the staff couldn't have been more friendly, attentive and professional. This place is just what Belper needs and I definitely want to return when I next visit.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Underwhelmed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Me & my mum came for lunch here one week day, was quite busy but an unusual set up, ordered our drinks & they took a while to arrive at our table, ordered 2 fish finger sandwiches and a portion of chips, the sandwiches came which were fine then the chips came - £3 for 6 chips?! what is that all about! well over priced, staff weren't over friendly. won't be visiting again.

Then later on in the month me, my boyfriend & 2 friends went into belper on a Friday evening for a drink and a bite to eat, arrived at nourish to be greeted by the owner (what I'm gathering from other reviews) and a chef, both smoking at the front door to be told they were 'closed' - there was clearly people inside having a drink! obviously thought we were out to get pissed like other young couples on a Friday night.

Not impressed, won't be returning at all!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
bardolino
“Excellent 5* Belper Eaterie Nourish & no.44”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Having visited nourish on many occasions ie morning, lunchtimes and for dinner in the evening the food and staff have been 1st class, The menu is excellent and all the food is freshly prepared and cooked by an excellent chef with attention to detail second to none, The morning menu consists of delicious cakes pastries tea cakes etc and lunchtimes consisting of homemade soups, sandwiches, posh pies and other gourmet delights , In december we held our grandaughters christening here and it was absolutely perfect both the hot and cold food was exceptional and the chef , Ali and all the staff put alot of time and effort in to making it special for us. The staff are very happy,kind and welcoming towards families going in to eat with babies and young children which is nice to see as not all places in belper are that accomodating Hope to be making many more trips in the immediate future and hope nourish at No 44 goes from strength to strength if you want the best try what nourish as to offer you will not be disapointed

• Visited January 2013