“"Kids in a sweetshop"” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Children's Museums, Specialty Museums, Museums
Bradford, United Kingdom
“"Kids in a sweetshop"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went as a party of 25 adults and 6 children during a family reunion in Ashbourne. The museum kept everyone entertained from the oldest (in her 80s) to the youngest (19 month old). The staff were friendly and helpful. We spent a lot of time saying "I remember ..." or "I had ..." and there was much laughter amongst us. We then went into the tearoom for a refreshment break and the staff were equally helpful in there. The food looked delicious but my husband and I only had drinks so can't comment. Overall, a good trip.

Visited October 2013

oxfordshire
21 attraction reviews
“Takes you back in so many ways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Fantastic display of toys both new and modern and makes you remember all that you had and you had bought for your children. Very many hands on displays for children tool

Leicester, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
“Brings back so many memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I visited this sometime last year (can't remember when), and it brings back so many memories, it was great to show my kids what I played with as a child. Was a member of the National Trust at the time, so can't say whether it was good value, but we all enjoyed it.

Visited October 2012
39 attraction reviews
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I actually covered this in my review of Sudbury Hall, it was excellent and well worth a visit a real trip down memory lane

Derby UK
4 attraction reviews
“All ages will enjoy this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Everyone will enjoy taking part in the lessons in the school room and the children climbing up and down the chimneys like sweeps!